• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi, recently caught the infection.

Very new to PMs and loving my 6 month journey so far. Came here because Gold said I was a cheap date. Silver is more my style I think. Bought some UK "junk" both varieties and a couple of Brits - anyhoo, hello to one and all. Thanks for the opportunity.

Edited by artalien
poor typing

Welcome to the Forum!

But... beware the Siren Call of the Shiny Yellow stuff - it's strong on here! 😲

I'd advise caution when viewing the 'Today I received..." Post - there are too many lovely coins being flaunted there, and you just know you'll start wanting them eventually 😏

Enjoy! 👍

6 hours ago, artalien said:

Hi, recently caught the infection.

Very new to PMs and loving my 6 month journey so far. Came here because Gold said I was a cheap date. Silver is more my style I think. Bought some UK "junk" both varieties and a couple of Brits - anyhoo, hello to one and all. Thanks for the opportunity.

2 hours ago, James32 said:

Opened this expecting covid🤣🤣 but as silver is antimicrobial, you will do OK. Welcome aboard 😀 

I hope you're not an anti-vaxxer. If so, it serves you right for believing all the influencer sheep who got suckered in by the ex doctor Andrew Wakefield, who has been responsible for more deaths than Harold Shipman.

Similar hype and phony advice also abound in regard to precious metals.

Most of the advice on TSF should be OK though.

Some of mine is published online, but I have to refrain from "plugging" it too much on TSF!

😎

Chards

Ah ha James the 32nd if I may just kiss the royal hand I'm sure I'd be better.

Noted ScooterMuppet but alas I already popped my eyes out @ the inmystack thread.

HappyPanda I hear you, the big G is just outta reach even if I had gloves.

I think *Mr* LawrenceChard might be the appropriate address for a person such as your industrious self.

This thread already has improved my condition. Thanks trp and dragafem. Very glad to be here.

Edited by artalien
poor typing

56 minutes ago, RJBALDWIN said:

Where did you buy your junk silver?

I bought some on ebay and some more from the britannia coin company. I now know I just love the 92.5%. The whole feel of those half crowns in the hand, never mind the sound. I inherited one 1964 Kennedy half dollar which was my first silver. Thanks  for your interest in my post RJ. Are you into your junk?

Edited by artalien

@James32 I did see that, but first time I read and was confused "8kg of 50% half crowns in circulated condition. Didn't see any slick or holed. 55 pence per fine gram so equal to £55 per 100g or £550 per fine kilo before post, you choose the amount"

Having read it several times now I  understand he means : Buy 2KG of coins from me for £550, where silver content is 50%.

Edited by RJBALDWIN

11 minutes ago, RJBALDWIN said:

@James32 I did see that, but first time I read and was confused "8kg of 50% half crowns in circulated condition. Didn't see any slick or holed. 55 pence per fine gram so equal to £55 per 100g or £550 per fine kilo before post, you choose the amount"

Having read it several times now I under understand he means : Buy 2KG of coins from me for £550, where silver content is 50%.

Yes basically £550 per kilo of fine silver ( you will get 2 kilos obviously) as you've noted only 50% but the cheapest way of getting silver in UK.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip