• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Confused and need help

Souldancee

Hi everyone,

I have a newbie question that I have been looking to answer but seems it's too hand.I bought some amount of gold for long term invest.

I have been intrested in gold since last year,and I have been reading articals and watching videos all around gold.

The confusion is that you will find alot of articals that support gold and advices to buy gold,ON the other hand technical analysis says that gold is in a fifth correction wave and it will crash to 1000 $ soon.

it is hard to choose which way to go, and I dont under stand why would someone Pushes you to Buy and at the same time some one else Push you away from gold.

I would appreciate if some one can have a simple explanation.

THANK You.

1 hour ago, Souldancee said:

technical analysis says that gold is in a fifth correction wave and it will crash to 1000 $ soon

Not sure I fully understand this, but if you are going to wait for gold spot to drop 42% then I think you could be waiting for quite some time (my opinion).

I'm not sure anyone can say with absolute certainty what way price will go - my advice is to spend some time reading the posts in this very forum, to get a sense/feel why so many members are buying gold (irregardless the price).

It would appear Mr. LC doesn't understand this either (or at least doesn't believe it :) ) - I love his eloquence :D

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Whoever said it is either stupid, a liar, or both.

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Hey man, what with the double line spacing, I hust had to turn my widescreen monitor through 90 degress to be able to read you post.

WTF is a "fifth correction wave"

If you think those first 2 lines of mine sound stupid, they are not half as stupid as thinking or saying that "gold is in a fifth correction wave and it will crash to $1000 soon. Whoever said it is either stupid, a liar, or both.

It could happen, but it is not as likely as me being elected Prime Minister next week.

A lot of TSF members are still waiting for silver to crash to $4 per ounce as confidently forecast here a few year ago, by someone called Wonger, who seems to have disappeared.

Lastly "There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis"

😎

Not sure not sure where in my post and question that have requested people to be funny in there posts. 

But i guess WTF is one of those words that you can keep for yourself rather than spitting them. 😊

26 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Hey man, what with the double line spacing, I hust had to turn my widescreen 

😎

For the sake of the King Lawrence, those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

"What's with the double line spacing" not what, doesn't make any sense.

And, hust! Hust! What is hust, isn't even a word. I think you meant to say "I JUST had to"

😎

Edited by BullionBuyerUK
Adding the "cool" emoji

istockphoto-1041860392-612x612.jpg

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, Souldancee said:

Hi everyone,

I have a newbie question that I have been looking to answer but seems it's too hand.I bought some amount of gold for long term invest.

I have been intrested in gold since last year,and I have been reading articals and watching videos all around gold.

The confusion is that you will find alot of articals that support gold and advices to buy gold,ON the other hand technical analysis says that gold is in a fifth correction wave and it will crash to 1000 $ soon.

it is hard to choose which way to go, and I dont under stand why would someone Pushes you to Buy and at the same time some one else Push you away from gold.

I would appreciate if some one can have a simple explanation.

THANK You.

Hello mate and welcome. 

Firstly steer clear of price information from YouTubers and bullion dealers, one in making money buy viewing numbers and the other is trying to flog you some gold. As for "technical" analysis, this is almost always portrayed in a light that is trying to push their narrative. 

I do wonder when people say they are in it for the long term, how long is long? There must be a point where you might like to start taking profit? Once you work that out then it would be a bit more simple to gauge your buy in price. 

Some members DCA every month but it's not for me, I am not one for technical analysis but do look at the 5 year chart and if it's too close to all time high then it's not a buy. 

I am currently stacking cash waiting for good entry points for silver, gold and a bit of crypto.

Just follow @James32 @BleyerBullion @Tn21 @BullionBuyerUK they all are OGS and know there ish. Although when I first joined reading Tn21 posts i thought It was imagining it was T.I. Posting each time lol.

Also on a side double spacing note, @LawrenceChard is obviously a legendary veteran in the bullion game. His posts can be cute sometimes when he’s trying to be a comedian. 

11 hours ago, Souldancee said:

The YouTube selective use headlines and sound bites to get clicks, and they will use the extreme of either side - that PM's are going to drop hard or they are going to the moon,

I would recommend you watch some of the video's of our very own @BackyardBullion

Of course hust is a word, just the wrong one:

Hust (urbandictionary.com)
Genital sweat, usually having an intense odor. Caused by prolonged physical activity or poor hygiene, or sex.

Hust(urbandictionary.com)
The chemical compound, usually found in liquid form, that resides in the male and female genitalia. Can include piss, sweat, cum, etc.

Hereford United Supporters' Trust

Don't say you have never heard of it @HerefordBullyun could get upset.

Hartlepool Utd Supporters Trust

HUST
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Hust or HUST may refer to:

Hanoi University of Science and Technology in Hanoi, Vietnam
Harbin University of Science and Technology in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Hsiuping University of Science and Technology in Taichung, Taiwan
Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan, Hubei, China
Khust in western Ukraine
😎

Chards

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Of course hust is a word, just the wrong one:

Hust (urbandictionary.com)
Genital sweat, usually having an intense odor. Caused by prolonged physical activity or poor hygiene, or sex.

Hust(urbandictionary.com)
The chemical compound, usually found in liquid form, that resides in the male and female genitalia. Can include piss, sweat, cum, etc.

😎

Well... What can I say? Other than, I'm going to be chuckling every time I hear of politicians having erm  'hustings'.

😁

Edited by SidS

10 hours ago, Souldancee said:

Not sure not sure where in my post and question that have requested people to be funny in there posts. 

But i guess WTF is one of those words that you can keep for yourself rather than spitting them. 😊

WTF
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search

Look up WTF in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
WTF most often refers to:

WTF (Internet slang), an expression of disbelief
WTF may also refer to:...

Humour

When you have gained a little more experience on TSF, you will find that most of the active members have a sense of humour, even some of the American ones.

Please don't confuse this with ignorance or stupidity. There is much good advice available here, and most of it has not been planted by paid influencers and lobbyists. It is worth listening to and learning from. There are of course, a wide range of differing opinions, which is understandable. Most of the members live in countries which are democracies, and where there is free speech.

There is often much truth wrapped up in humour. you can choose to unwrap it, or throw it away without trying it.

😎

Chards

8 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Just follow @James32 @BleyerBullion @Tn21 @BullionBuyerUK they all are OGS and know there ish. Although when I first joined reading Tn21 posts i thought It was imagining it was T.I. Posting each time lol.

Also on a side double spacing note, @LawrenceChard is obviously a legendary veteran in the bullion game. His posts can be cute sometimes when he’s trying to be a comedian. 

OGS?

T.I.?

Go?

Rap?

😎

Chards

13 hours ago, Souldancee said:

I dont under stand why would someone Pushes you to Buy and at the same time some one else Push you away from gold.

Different opinions/motives

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

24 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

. There are of course, a wide range of differing opinions, which is understandable. 

There is often much truth wrapped up in humour. you can choose to unwrap it, or throw it away without trying it.

😎

Correct Opinions are like arsenholes - everybody has one - in the infamous words by James Blunt, and we know what that cockney rhyming slang is for!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454