• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

.925 Sterling Silver Earrings - Where to sell?

katyc

Good afternoon all!

I've sold 925 silver earrings on the internet for years. (As a side note that is one of my businesses/jobs and separate from my personal gold/silver investing)

The earrings are just £10 to £20 a pair - usually between 1.5g and 3.5g of 925 in each which isn't much. But if you have hundreds of returns over the years it builds up a little!

So, I have been collecting my returns and think I should send it somewhere to cash in (probably not worth much, but am interested all the same to see if worth doing going forward). There is enamel on most and some have crystals and CZ stones, so whoever I sell to would need to have the equipment to do whatever is needed to melt down and remove/dispose of the non-silver content. 

There's loads of "We buy your gold and silver" sites. But I want someone reputable and have no idea who to go to. Which brings me to this post. Hiya! 👋

I also have some stock not shifted for years so thinking I may as well sell it as scrap (despite the fact I'll probably get between 25% to 50% of what I paid for for each pair - at least it's something back). There are probably thousands of pairs to get rid of....

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by katyc

• katyc changed the title to 925 Silver Earrings - Where to sell?
3 minutes ago, katyc said:

925 earrings - where to sell?

Good afternoon all!

I've sold 925 silver earrings on the internet for years. (As a side note that is a business/job and separate from my personal gold/silver investing BTW!)

Anyway, the earrings are just £10-£20 a pair so usually between 1.5g and 3.5g of 925 in each which isn't much. But if you have hundreds of returns over the years it builds up a little!

So, I have been collecting my returns and think I should send it somewhere to cash in (probably not worth much, but am interested all the same to see if worth doing going forward). There is enamel on most and some have crystals and CZ stones, so whoever I sell to would need to have the equipment to do whatever is needed to melt down and remove the non-silver content. 

There's loads of "We buy your gold and silver" sites. But I want someone reputable and have no idea who to go to. Which brings me to this post. Hiya! 👋

I also have some stock not shifted for years so thinking I may as well sell it (despite the fact I'll probably only make about 25% of what I paid for it - at least it's something back. There are probably thousands of pairs to get rid of).

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

When I read the topic title "925 earrings - where to sell?", I thought that's a lot of ear-rings, it's 462.5 pairs, although they might all be odd singles, like odd socks.

I don't wear them, and my wife already has enough pairs of (18ct) gold ones.

By now, you will realise that I'm just having a little fun.

Although we do buy silver, we do not attempt to be ultra-competitive buyers of scrap silver, so I can't even offer you any help or advice on this occasion.

Now, if you had some nice 18ct gold ear-rings to sell...!

😎

Chards

• katyc changed the title to .925 Sterling Silver Earrings - Where to sell?
2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

When I read the topic title "925 earrings - where to sell?", I thought that's a lot of ear-rings, it's 462.5 pairs, although they might all be odd singles, like odd socks

😆 I've edited it to say ".925 Sterling Silver"

Perhaps Mr. Backyard Bullion would be interested in melting them?

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.