• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Collectable £2 coins are they worth keeping?

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/03/2023 at 14:43, StackemHigh said:

Anyone got the 10p a to z coins?

I've a complete sealed set from the mint and a folder, recently sold 3 folders on eBay partially filled and was surprised by how much they went for

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2023 at 14:43, StackemHigh said:

Anyone got the 10p a to z coins?

Apologies for the late reply but I found myself clicking on the non-PM section out of curiosity when searching for the Today I Received section.

Yes, I’ve got the 10p A to Zs (base metal) stashed somewhere. Bought them uncirculated from the Royal Mint at the time on a whim.

Are you missing any or after the lot, or perhaps you were just making polite conversation?

On 23/05/2023 at 01:04, GoodAsGold said:

Apologies for the late reply but I found myself clicking on the non-PM section out of curiosity when searching for the Today I Received section.

Yes, I’ve got the 10p A to Zs (base metal) stashed somewhere. Bought them uncirculated from the Royal Mint at the time on a whim.

Are you missing any or after the lot, or perhaps you were just making polite conversation?

are they the loose coins or on the RM cards?  I still need some.

If anyone is interested in 50p's, £2 & £5 coins in the RM pack's I'm moving all mine on, already sold loads on ebay and a bulk sale to a member on here just message and I can see what I have left before the rest go on ebay and I'm sure we can come to a deal 👍

On 24/05/2023 at 19:26, bluffer said:

are they the loose coins or on the RM cards?  I still need some.

I think I still have the RM cards and the BU coins are just in individual plastic wrappers. I never ripped them open and put them in the card’s slots. PM me if I can help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2023 at 02:21, GoodAsGold said:

I think I still have the RM cards and the BU coins are just in individual plastic wrappers. I never ripped them open and put them in the card’s slots. PM me if I can help.

big shout out to a top bloke and thanks again for bringing them round.  hope the mrs wasnt too heavy on the credit card!

18 minutes ago, AgD said:

Here are the pictures of my £5, £2 & 50p's 

20230605_205203.jpg

never fully got the love of of £5 for some reason. got a couple but they were part of a set - james bond, and like millions of others got the qe2 silver jubilee one.

whats the guiness one?

Edited by bluffer

4 minutes ago, bluffer said:

never fully got the love of of £5 for some reason. got a couple but they were part of a set - james bond, and like millions of others got the qe2 silver jubilee one.

whats the guiness one?

I collected some of the set's with my brother but he had a very big collection, but I'm more into my gold and silver and I lost the buzz of old style coin collecting when my brother passed, they are mostly all gone now and slowly listing the rest on ebay. The James Bond ones sold very well and made a nice profit.

The Guinness one is a old style £2 coin

16859965786074439038234744168599.jpg

16859966069216658634575351364470.jpg

• 2 months later...

I really used to be into collecting £2 coins before Covid. I would go into the bank every week, withdraw about £200 worth, keep the commemorative coins, bank the rest again.

But Covid killed it for me, plus the Royal Mint hasn't released any new commemorative £2 coins into the wild since 2016:

https://www.royalmint.com/corporate/circulating-coin/uk-currency/mintages/two-pounds/