• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone Tried Goldcore?

katyc

Mornin' all!

Have any of you tried Goldcore.co.uk? I can only find reviews on eKomi (which I know nothing about, hence the cynic in me wonders if they could be manipulated). On Companies House they seem to have been going since 2008 (they are not in TSF Dealer Directory).

I'm not ordering from them, but am interested for the future consideration.... 🤔 Some of their prices are decent e.g. tube of Brits £555 (which includes VAT). A huge 100oz bar of silver is £1742 (including VAT). In comparison to Baird Mint - who's very reasonable on prices - who charge over 2k (including VAT) for a 100oz bar. Although I believe a 100oz could be hard to shift when it comes to selling. (Note that they also sell EU and outside EU items - I'm just concentrating on the "UK items storage or delivery" products on their website. Also, their gold prices are not anything worth writing home about at the moment).

So I just wondered if anyone's used them before or if there are any smarty pants who know how to dig further online (I'm not as internet savvy as I used to be!) Minimum order is 5k (so I definitely wouldn't be ordering for a long time!) - maybe that explains the reasonable prices.... They arrange storage or you can have delivery (which is free).

@GoldDiggerDave will do a bit of sick in his mouth at the thought of a 100oz bar.... 

Edited by katyc

11 minutes ago, katyc said:

Mornin' all!

Have any of you tried Goldcore.co.uk? I can only find reviews on eKomi (which I know nothing about, hence the cynic in me wonders if they could be manipulated). On Companies House they seem to have been going since 2008 (they are not in TSF Dealer Directory).

I'm not ordering from them, but am interested for the future consideration.... 🤔 Some of their prices are decent e.g. tube of Brits £555 (which includes VAT). A huge 100oz bar of silver is £1742 (including VAT). In comparison to Baird Mint - who's very reasonable on prices - who charge over 2k (including VAT) for a 100oz bar. Although I believe a 100oz could be hard to shift when it comes to selling. (Note that they also sell EU and outside EU items - I'm just concentrating on the "UK items storage or delivery" products on their website. Also, their gold prices are not anything worth writing home about at the moment).

So I just wondered if anyone's used them before or if there are any smarty pants who know how to dig further online (I'm not as internet savvy as I used to be!) Minimum order is 5k (so I definitely wouldn't be ordering for a long time!) - maybe that explains the reasonable prices.... They arrange storage or you can have delivery (which is free).

@GoldDiggerDave will do a bit of sick in his mouth at the thought of a 100oz bar.... 

Are you sure that's not a storage/vaulted price price? As in vat free until you ask for it to be delivered. Seems too cheap. 

Also they seem to have a minimum order level of £5k and only deliver to America 😅

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

No,

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Are you sure that's not a storage/vaulted price price? As in vat free until you ask for it to be delivered. Seems too cheap. 

Also they seem to have a minimum order level of £5k and only deliver to America 😅

I checked and if you set up an account - you select UK item and UK delivery - it definitely is £1742 (as at this moment 7th Sept 2022!) - but you do have to spend minimum 5k, yes. This is why I started this post as it is a good price isn't it? 🤔

I've just tried again - with the 100oz and now it's USA only 🙄

But the Brits work. Not that impressive anymore is it... 😆

May as well stick with this forum as some of the awesome members can beat the Brit price at times!

Edited by katyc

Just now, katyc said:

I've just tried again - with the 100oz and now it's USA only 🙄

But the Brits work.

Yeah won't let me order the 100oz and tbh if I was getting them at £1742, I'd blow the 5k limit in seconds 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, katyc said:

No,

I checked and if you set up an account - you select UK item and UK delivery - it definitely is £1742 (as at this moment 7th Sept 2022!) - but you do have to spend minimum 5k, yes. This is why I started this post as it is a good price isn't it? 🤔

Excellent price but there's an unseen catch somewhere 🤔 

4 hours ago, katyc said:

Mornin' all!

We almost went to trial with them, after about 5 years of legal wrangling when they used our copyright photos repeatedly.

Eventually they settled just about at the last minute.

We lost money on the case, but nowhere near as much as their own stubbornness and intransigence cost them.

I have been intending to post about this for some time, but the whole story would take too much time.

More to follow in due course!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

they used our copyright photos repeatedly.

Jeez, how lazy are they to not take some pictures of their own?

Very interesting story. You've put me off them now. I'd better go to a well-known Blackpool dealer instead.... 😉

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

I think goldcrest is on here somewhere? Might be worth sending a pm to see the story.

It's an omen lol...I wrote Goldcore but my phone changed it to goldcrest😅😅 sounds like Goldcore is a no, but maybe goldcrest is worth checking out? If they exist🤣🤣

4 hours ago, katyc said:

Mornin' all!

4 hours ago, James32 said:

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

We almost went to trial with them, after about 5 years of legal wrangling when they used our copyright photos repeatedly.

Eventually they settled just about at the lost minute.

We lost money on the case, but nowhere near as much as their own stubbornness and intransigence cost them.

I have been intending to post about this for some time, but the whole story would take too much time.

More to follow in due course!

😎

As I have posted a somewhat negative critical comment about @GoldCore, I have tagged them in here so that they are aware of the comment, and have an opportunity to reply.

I believe this is only fair and ethical.

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

As I have posted a somewhat negative critical comment about @GoldCore, I have tagged them in here so that they are aware of the comment, and have an opportunity to reply.

I believe this is only fair and ethical.

😎

Life in this thread yet😀 just don't tag baRRPy.