• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Wanted! A few milk spotted 1oz silver coins

GoldDiggerDave

This might sound like an odd request, as part of my conservation work I am perfecting the removal of the appearance of milk spots.  I have had good results with 1oz philharmonics but would like other coins, Brits, maples. Etc.

im looking for the worst, I’m look to get a few different ones,cheap as possible. 

please upload some pictures it might be good to see a few.

thanks 

Dave  

Just added the Philharmonic video, I was watching the grand prix 

1 hour ago, silverroller said:

White rubber will get rid of milk spots.

What are you paying?

As close to the going rate for a 1 oz £24 ish.  I’m purely doing it in a none mechanical way, so one I’ve got it nailed with silver bullion, I will do a few silver proof coins 

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Got a panda from @Pandao  I would like some on the milky Brits you have.  With all the whinging about Brits I should have a queue 😂  Just want a really bad one, also a ASE.  

Thanks

Dave

Who ended up with those milky dogs @HerefordBullyun might have some?

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@Gruff TBH they were not that bad mate, I'm looking for some real grotty milky 1oz coins.   

That's true, but we just like to give Bully a hard time! :D

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

You are interested in your experiment about a 5oz 999 silver proof coin, little handled and heavily milked?

It is a coin 100 Vatu, made for Vanuatu government in 1995 by Royal Mint.

£23/oz x 5 = £115, 1st class included.

I can add pictures tomorrow morning, I am at work now.

Just now, stefffana said:

You are interested in your experiment about a 5oz 999 silver proof coin, little handled and heavily milked?

It is a coin 100 Vatu, made for Vanuatu government in 1995 by Royal Mint.

£23/oz x 5 = £115, 1st class included.

I can add pictures tomorrow morning, I am at work now.

Thanks for the offer mate, but just want to perfect the 1oz bullion as its' a low cost option,  if I get this working on silver proof coins and the acid test will be to remove them and get them graded without details at the NGC  when I can do this I will be hovering up milky silver proof coins.  

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Thanks for the offer mate, but just want to perfect the 1oz bullion as its' a low cost option,  if I get this working on silver proof coins and the acid test will be to remove them and get them graded without details at the NGC  when I can do this I will be hovering up milky silver proof coins.  

Yep. Mine is a proof low premium and it is interesting to see if your method is not affecting a proof finished coin.

But is too big for your trial.😊

R (21).gif

GUYS!…………for all the whinging and moaning about milk spots I thought I would have been flooded with offers of milky 1oz brits.

Are Brits really that bad or did you just regret buying silver?  

39 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

GUYS!…………for all the whinging and moaning about milk spots I thought I would have been flooded with offers of milky 1oz brits.

Are Brits really that bad or did you just regret buying silver?  

I've got a fair few silver Brits but they're all in perfect nick..😊

• 4 weeks later...

Archived