• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1958, 1962, and 1964 sovereigns (just one of each), nice condition, at a fair price

RDHC

Got any of these shoved up ya pipe @James32

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, Orpster said:

What you looking to pay @RDHC ?

I'm at a bit of a loss to answer exactly, but a little while ago I did buy one or two of the sovereigns from this era (i.e. Gillick) from CatStudent when he was selling off his entire collection before emigrating (I think) and I seem to recall that his prices were in the £370-375 region, but I'm open to correction as I write without having looked up his sale.  His were about in the EF category I would say, but of course condition is everything and our old friends supply and demand will also be decisive. On ebay, in what look like genuine sales, not fraudulent ones, these sovereigns go for much more, presumably to compensate for the excessive fees the seller has to pay.

15 minutes ago, Orpster said:

What you looking to pay @RDHC ?

I have also been looking at Baird's prices, which currently are £366 for any quantity  below 10, but I guess that you would have to take pot luck with the condition as individual photos are not apparently available.

4 minutes ago, RDHC said:

I'm at a bit of a loss to answer exactly, but a little while ago I did buy one or two of the sovereigns from this era (i.e. Gillick) from CatStudent when he was selling off his entire collection before emigrating (I think) and I seem to recall that his prices were in the £370-375 region, but I'm open to correction as I write without having looked up his sale.  His were about in the EF category I would say, but of course condition is everything and our old friends supply and demand will also be decisive. On ebay, in what look like genuine sales, not fraudulent ones, these sovereigns go for much more, presumably to compensate for the excessive fees the seller has to pay.

CatSudent's sale would not be 'typical', I bought half a dozen from that sale based purely on price (they were £343 each when you bought 5+ which was a great price at the time with gold above £1500).  Don't think your far off at £370-375 maybe even a bit less.  I do have what your after but I am not a very motivated seller at the moment, but happy to have a conversation if no one else has what your after.  Good luck

25 minutes ago, Orpster said:

CatSudent's sale would not be 'typical', I bought half a dozen from that sale based purely on price (they were £343 each when you bought 5+ which was a great price at the time with gold above £1500).  Don't think your far off at £370-375 maybe even a bit less.  I do have what your after but I am not a very motivated seller at the moment, but happy to have a conversation if no one else has what your after.  Good luck

Thank you for correcting my memory, and thank you for your kind response. I understand your position entirely. Let's see hw things go. I now have a very good offer for a 1962 which I have accepted. Off out now for the evening, I'm afraid.

Roger

2 hours ago, RDHC said:

I have also been looking at Baird's prices, which currently are £366 for any quantity  below 10, but I guess that you would have to take pot luck with the condition as individual photos are not apparently available.

The best 1959’s I have were from Baird.  I bought 5, then another 10.  All 1959 and all in amazing condition.  This was 3 yes ago.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 5 weeks later...

Archived