• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How to Upset Your Favourite Coin Photographer - Tell 5/10, then add TDC!

How to Upset Your Favourite Coin Photographer - Tell 5/10, then add TDC!

2016GoldProofPiedfortElizabethIITheQueens90thBirthday5poundsCoinWithoutBoxWithoutCertTristanDaCunhaJubileeMintrevcrop.thumb.jpg.fd1349c5d186f98262f9d0b200903dc2.jpg

2016 TDC Tristan da Cunha Gold Proof £5 Five Pounds

It's quite a nice design, but there is never much after market demand for most TDC coins.

It is also a good photo, which is what I would expect, but just for fun I added a "5 out of 10!" comment on our Teams Photography channel.

Doug replied: "Oh jeeze....I saw that and made a mental note.  And then completely forgot about it.  I initially thought you were adjudicating my photography and thought that was a bit harsh".

Me: "Sorry about that!"...

... "TDC!"

Doug: "website updated.  why did you mention TDC?"

2016GoldProofPiedfortElizabethIITheQueens90thBirthday5poundsCoinWithoutBoxWithoutCertTristanDaCunhaJubileeMintrevwithoverlayshowingissuenumbercrop.thumb.jpg.76e8b7712b46b49f147691bd9b8d5796.jpg

Which I presume means number 5 out of an issue limit of 10.

The obverse is OK:

2016GoldProofPiedfortElizabethIITheQueens90thBirthday5poundsCoinWithoutBoxWithoutCertTristanDaCunhaJubileeMintobvcrop.thumb.jpg.fe8ef354993f74b82e42a2b69225840b.jpg

My follow up comment to "Why FDC":

"I was only joking when I said 5/10, because I guessed your reaction, so I thought I would try TDC to test for further reaction!"

I just can't help thinking what else TDC might stand for...

... and it's worse if I spell it out, because after "Tristan da Cun", the predictive text kicks in.

Is it me?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

• LawrenceChard changed the title to How to Upset Your Favourite Coin Photographer - Tell 5/10, then add TDC!

I'm afraid in this case that dear Tristan and Cnut (I didn't realise the mint had Norse heritage) have dropped the ball with this one; the reverse looks like the crest has been photoshopped out and that portrait on the obverse gives the impression that 'liz is looking sideways at me... Like she knows something I don't...