• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2 x Johnson Matthey 1oz .999 Silver Bars in Capsules

jackflash123

2 x 1oz Johnson Matthey 1oz Silver bars in capsules £28 each + postage of your choice and risk. Buy both for £55 + choice of postage.

These are in good condition, selling as bullion.

61B2FDEB-AE70-49A6-A9CD-66116A59FD38.thumb.jpeg.2319741ec141498a1a228dca67293ead.jpeg

50F060C6-DA1E-4F57-BDED-EAA68CA67453.thumb.jpeg.38fd89651b450f7d1e375698f10281c2.jpeg

F9486F14-9A9A-40DA-BFE0-9D4B18D0F9FE.thumb.jpeg.75e55e2f3e92df0dc68aec296625d014.jpeg

DFE8B0E8-3101-4CA6-ADD5-0844FBC78511.thumb.jpeg.15859627630a0b8b932986ebddcc41a0.jpeg

Thanks for looking guys.

Message if you have any questions

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

• jackflash123 changed the title to *Price Reduced New Images* 2 x Johnson Matthey 1oz .999 Silver Bars in Capsules

New images price reduce

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

• jackflash123 changed the title to *Further Reduced* 2 x Johnson Matthey 1oz .999 Silver Bars in Capsules
On 28/07/2022 at 18:07, jackflash123 said:

New images price reduce

Bump

• jackflash123 changed the title to 2 x Johnson Matthey 1oz .999 Silver Bars in Capsules

Bump

Hey there @alexmcsheffrey, yes as far as I'm aware they're genuine however they were bought off ebay a few years ago. I have completed the magnetic test on these bars and weighed them when I got them.

However I have recently purchased some very accurate jewellery scales so I will weigh them again and see if they're the correct weight.

I will add an image of the weight and you can tell me if you think the weight is correct.

If they turn out to be the wrong weight I will remove the listing until I can verify their authenticity.

Just now, jackflash123 said:

Hey there @alexmcsheffrey, yes as far as I'm aware they're genuine however they were bought off ebay a few years ago. I have completed the magnetic test on these bars and weighed them when I got them.

However I have recently purchased some very accurate jewellery scales so I will weigh them again and see if they're the correct weight.

I will add an image of the weight and you can tell me if you think the weight is correct.

If they turn out to be the wrong weight I will remove the listing until I can verify their authenticity.

No problem, however I would say you will absolutely find these are fake, the real jm bars don't have the extra logo as per the images. Only reason I'm so confident is I too mistakenly bought a fake from ebay.

Sorry for the bad news 

@alexmcsheffrey Hey this happens from time to time, and if they are fake I will use them as paper weights and report the seller for what good it would do as like I said I got these a few years ago.

Thanks for contacting me about this. In your experience what should the correct weight be?

I will of course also check reliable info online as to what the weight should be.

@alexmcsheffrey Hey this happens from time to time, and if they are fake I will use them as paper weights and report the seller for what good it would do as like I said I got these a few years ago.

Thanks for contacting me about this. In your experience what should the correct weight be?

I will of course also check reliable info online as to what the weight should be.

1 ounce for a 1 ounce bar weight 

Ok so here’s the images of weighing the bars with accurate jewellery scales. I will remove these from sale ASAP. They’re not magnetic so I’m not sure what kind of metal they are now.

Bar 1

DD8591F7-FAF3-43BA-B472-D14729F59F54.thumb.jpeg.89b8ca92ebdfb03859044d1d8c4ce941.jpeg

Bar 2

979D2899-F4C7-465C-B27B-93BD0462BA1E.thumb.jpeg.0527bd225151263dbf395ce307931f95.jpeg

Well done for spotting these @alexmcsheffrey glad nobody purchased these. Would have been a hassle for all parties concerned 👍

4 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Ok so here’s the images of weighing the bars with accurate jewellery scales. I will remove these from sale ASAP. They’re not magnetic so I’m not sure what kind of metal they are now.

Bar 1

DD8591F7-FAF3-43BA-B472-D14729F59F54.thumb.jpeg.89b8ca92ebdfb03859044d1d8c4ce941.jpeg

Bar 2

979D2899-F4C7-465C-B27B-93BD0462BA1E.thumb.jpeg.0527bd225151263dbf395ce307931f95.jpeg

Well done for spotting these @alexmcsheffrey glad nobody purchased these. Would have been a hassle for all parties concerned 👍

No problem I'm sure it was a genuine mistake and to be honest an easy one, as mentioned I did the same a few years back. We can all fall for them some time 

Just now, Mrpound said:

Yeah unfortunately they are definitely fake this is a genuine one, hope you can get your money back from eBay!

C2682881-B0F3-4B28-B2F2-99D8B1042BE4.jpeg

I bought them a few years ago, will go through my purchase history but the seller can easily say they were not the same bars. Not sure what can be done but I’m glad they were spotted because I had no idea they were fake. Will check my other few bars that were bought on eBay to check their weights as I have a few others listed. Thankfully most of my silver was bought from reputable dealers and I mostly bought coins and not bars.

I bought them a few years ago, will go through my purchase history but the seller can easily say they were not the same bars. Not sure what can be done but I’m glad they were spotted because I had no idea they were fake. Will check my other few bars that were bought on eBay to check their weights as I have a few others listed. Thankfully most of my silver was bought from reputable dealers and I mostly bought coins and not bars.

Had the same problem when I first started with eBay I have a collection of a few fakes luckily got most of my money back but it’s a good lesson if nothing else 😃

4728FB42-3D53-40D5-94C2-DD9D9FAC73B1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, alexmcsheffrey said:

No problem I'm sure it was a genuine mistake and to be honest an easy one, as mentioned I did the same a few years back. We can all fall for them some time 

Yeah that’s for sure. My reputation on here is worth far more than a few measly quid for a couple of silver bars. Thanks for pointing these out, would have felt terrible if someone bought them, and then thought I was trying to rip them off. Far better to spot the problem before it happens in my opinion, thanks again @alexmcsheffrey 👍

5 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

You need to check weight and dimensions, as its impossible to be silver at 1oz and the dimensions be different.

My sincere apologies to all ❤️

Update:

Unfortunately my eBay purchase history only shows as far back as mid 2019, so it must've been before then when I got them.

I've purchased things off eBay for many years but anything before mid 2019 isn't showing. I have no idea how to identify who I bought them from.

Does anybody know how to view historic purchase information on eBay? This would be very helpful for me if I could identify who the seller was. I'm not bothered about trying to claim my money back, I'm more interested in knowing who the seller was so I can name them on here and report them to eBay in the hopes that nobody else buys fake items from them.

Maybe I can check through my emails to see if there's any info on who I got them from. 

If I discover anything new I will update this thread with the relevant info.

Further Update:

It seems eBay and PayPal only display purchases and transactions upto 3 years back, which is why I can only view back to July 2019.

I will do some more digging to see if I can request more info from ebay themselves. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived