• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coins Worth?

PNE

Not really my area of expertise but I can’t see a 1914 in a 61 being worth much more than bullion value.
Even though it’s a shield no one likes a details grade so again just above bullion on the 75 too.

Not sure on the 1912P or whether it’s a low mintage year.

1 minute ago, matt1r said:

Not really my area of expertise but I can’t see a 1914 in a 61 being worth much more than bullion value.
Even though it’s a shield no one likes a details grade so again just above bullion on the 75 too.

1912P is a common (marsh 251) 

I’m not an expert on sovs but if you were after a quick sale, you could sell them all a little above bullion value.

but as your new most established members would want to receive the items before payment 👍

(just a heads up)

I would buy the shield but I would only pay £360 posted, and to be totally up front I would take it straight out of the slab as it would be to add to a date run

I would pay a deposit and balance on receipt, not the full amount up front.  You may be best checking what a dealer will offer you first but if your interested that would be my offer

A main trader will pay spot value or maybe even spot - a percentage. Just out of interest what price has your trader quoted you? If you use the buy and sell section you might get a little more. I am expert in sovs but I do not think you have anything super rate unfortunately.

Edited by Fadeingstar

3 minutes ago, Fadeingstar said:

A main trader will pay spot value or maybe even spot - a percentage. Just out of interest what price has your trader quoted you? If you use the buy and sell section you might get a little more. I am expert in sovs but I do not think you have anything super rate unfortunately.

Hi,

They have offered £1025 for the 3 coins

22 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I would buy the shield but I would only pay £360 posted, and to be totally up front I would take it straight out of the slab as it would be to add to a date run

I would pay a deposit and balance on receipt, not the full amount up front.  You may be best checking what a dealer will offer you first but if your interested that would be my offer

Hi,

Thanks, the trader has offered £1025 for the 3 coins. Moving to Oz in a few days so need the cash quickly, best just go with the trader. Thanks for the offer thou,

Cheers 

Just now, PNE said:

Hi,

Thanks, the trader has offered £1025 for the 3 coins. Moving to Oz in a few days so need the cash quickly, best just go with the trader. Thanks for the offer thou,

Cheers 

That's fine mate, good luck with the move I hope it all goes smoothly

2 minutes ago, Orpster said:

That's a tad under spot, and what you would normally expect I suppose

Just as I thought, I do have a couple of other coins but there for my two girls. Sure they will be worth more in years to come. 

Best being 1918 I MS64

58 minutes ago, matt1r said:

Thanks

56 minutes ago, Orpster said:

1912P is a common (marsh 251) 

Thanks Orpster

• Founder & Administrator

Please make sure you have read the applicable Quickstart guide to trading as it contains useful and important information, including details that items listed for sale need to state asking prices.

UK QuickStart Guide
EU QuickStart Guide
USA & Canada QuickStart Guide

I have moved this topic to the main precious metals forums and kept it up for the moment as a topic asking how to value your item, but would ask you to respect the forum rules going forwards. Should you wish to list your item for sale please list it in the trade section and in line with forum rules, including asking prices etc. 

Please do use the forum’s trade section for any items you wish to list for sale rather than using this topic to trade in. And do please make sure you read the QuickStart guide to trading first, thanks :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

5 hours ago, PNE said:

Hi,

Not sure what my graded coins are worth

1914 GB MS61

1912 P AU 55

1875 S XF Cleaned

1914 GB.jpg

1914 GB Reverse.jpg

1912 P.jpg

1912 P reverse.jpg

1875 S.jpg

1875 S Reverse.jpg

4 hours ago, Fadeingstar said:

4 hours ago, PNE said:

Hi,

They have offered £1025 for the 3 coins

4 hours ago, Orpster said:

That's a tad under spot, and what you would normally expect I suppose

I was not going to bother commenting, but...

https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-price/gold-spot-price

Shows: Sovereign    £350.70 (Intrinsic value)

3 x £350.70 = (-+) £1052, which is what I am sure @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer would be delighted to buy them for.

Disclosure: I am connected to and have a financial interest in the above named dealer.

😎

They are worth more, but...

Chards

@LawrenceChardmakes a good offer, I'd run with that.

Then again, we do like sovs here in Oz, too. Bring them over and sell for spot easy peasy to e.g., BullionNow in Melbs; get some local currency in hand and avoid Fx fees. 

(BTW sovs, being less than 999 gold attract 10% GST over here in retail, hence they trade briskly on local forums.)

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I imagine that if you'd advertised them on Friday on the forum they would've sold by now. An auction starting at spot plus SD running over the weekend would have probably realised a decent amount.

On 24/06/2022 at 20:23, LawrenceChard said:

They are worth more, but...

A decent offer from a dealer with unbiased advice thrown in at the end. Bon.