• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why do people buy silver plated coins on eBay?

It is only one possible and realistic explanation:

Some people develop a fetish over time, buying copies of real things and beings.

I suppose that if Bully ( @HerefordBullyun) is happy to have a dolly instead a real woman, other people have a real pleasure buying and having plated coins instead real silver coins.

The human mind is sometimes strange, and even if we have been trying to understand it for centuries, sometimes it cannot be penetrated into its depths.

tenor (92).gif

Edited by stefffana

3 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

Come to think of it, I can distinctly remember a time on ebay when if something fake was advertised it would be automatically flagged as such by some kind of bot or other and the auction cancelled and  a warning would be sent to the seller on a 'three strikes and you're out' basis along with a requirement to go and read ebay's terms and conditions for sellers with a wee tickbox at the bottom which you had to tick before you could proceed.  I can definitely remember that from about 10-15 years ago, so why not now..? 

It might be a UK thing, like police being too busy to attend burglaries, shoplifting ignored unless it's £200 or so, etc. There's so much of it going on that nobody has the time or resources to tackle it, so it gets worse.

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

It might be a UK thing, like police being too busy to attend burglaries, shoplifting ignored unless it's £200 or so, etc. There's so much of it going on that nobody has the time or resources to tackle it, so it gets worse.

😎

Can I shoplift up to £200?😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

Too busy painting their toe nails pink and looking at facebook for hate-non-crimes or whatever it is they call them...

10 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

I think you actually can you know....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42492488

It’s a fantastic way to bring down the crime numbers, whoever dreamed this up will get a knighthood for reducing crime by 20-30%. 

Effectively legalising petty theft.  

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It’s a fantastic way to bring down the crime numbers, whoever dreamed this up will get a knighthood for reducing crime by 20-30%. 

Effectively legalising petty theft.  

Lol. Yes, sad but true. Same as how they bring down the unemployment numbers by making up more and more rules to exclude people from claiming and making them take zero contract jobs.  They're very clever.

22 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Lol. Yes, sad but true. Same as how they bring down the unemployment numbers by making up more and more rules to exclude people from claiming and making them take zero contract jobs.  They're very clever.

You are trying to trigger me this morning!....LOL.  When I got made redundant I looked at the benefit system its crazy you can't even claim job seekers now as it's been lumped into universal credit and they take your partners salary in consideration so if they earn something like over 18k they deem it enough for 2 adults to life off......Oh and forget having any savings anywhere, might as well buy a load of PM's before you even attempt to make a claim.  

I have 100% sympathy for those who have fallen on hard times they will soon learn the system is very unlikely to help them, you think if you work all your life and pay into the system then you will get help when you need it.   

33 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

You are trying to trigger me this morning!....LOL.  When I got made redundant I looked at the benefit system its crazy you can't even claim job seekers now as it's been lumped into universal credit and they take your partners salary in consideration so if they earn something like over 18k they deem it enough for 2 adults to life off......Oh and forget having any savings anywhere, might as well buy a load of PM's before you even attempt to make a claim.  

I have 100% sympathy for those who have fallen on hard times they will soon learn the system is very unlikely to help them, you think if you work all your life and pay into the system then you will get help when you need it.   

Haha, apologies..😂   yeah it's a pile of 💩 and a complete mess which just gets worse with every bit of tinkering they do.  Grrr..😡

The latest buzzword I've started to notice over the last few days from various sources in news media is that the country needs the skills of all the illegals coming over in the dinghies..

If only I could make this nonsense up meself and sell it, I'd make a packet..!

Edited by flyingveepixie