• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Could This Be the Next Britannia Design?

39 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

It's the Ionian Islands 2 Lepta of 1819 and 1820 by the Royal Mint. There exists some varieties and a proof version two. The 1819 2 Oboli looks almost similar, with different brench and without the point after Britannia. 

64-360.jpg

63-360.jpg

Congratulations, you win today's star prize!

Look out of your window sometime tonight, and depending on weather conditions, you should be able to take your pick out of million of them.

Here is the obverse of our coin:

1819ionianislands2leptabritanniareversecrop.thumb.jpg.e956f7b6cbde2f25df948aeb06b81163.jpg

IONIKON KRATOS (Ionian State)

The design is a Venetian lion holding a sheaf (quiver) of 7 arrows representing the 7 main islands.

They are traditionally called the Heptanese ("Seven Islands"; Ἑπτάνησα, Heptanēsa or Ἑπτάνησος, Heptanēsos; Italian: Eptaneso), but the group includes many smaller islands as well as the seven principal ones.

The Ionian Islands were under varying degrees of British control from 1809 to 1862.

Chards

35 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Congratulations, you win today's star prize!

Look out of your window sometime tonight, and depending on weather conditions, you should be able to take your pick out of million of them.

And i thought, i win 5 years of free international admin fee. Or one of those 2 blue BMW. Next time i should reed the small print. 

🤣

On 24/06/2022 at 11:58, dikefalos said:

On a serious note, this could have been a great addition to the Great Engravers series. I would love to see a proof restrike of this William Wyon coin too. 

Here's a restrike of something very similar:

https://garethbellcoins.com/shop/ols/products/droz-restrike-pattern-halfpenny-p1007-r20-as-struck

And check this link out:

https://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&searchterm=Halfpenny+1790+Pattern+By+Droz&category=9&searchtype=1

On 24/06/2022 at 11:30, dikefalos said:

And i thought, i win 5 years of free international admin fee. Or one of those 2 blue BMW. Next time i should reed the small print. 

🤣

Did I mention that the cars are not BMW, they are MG, in particular MG ZS EV recent upgrade.

The light blue one is a 2 year old one, we also have a 2 year old red one, now for sale.

They are great value, and the recent upgrade adds a number of great features including extra range, about 270 miles compared with about 160.

All of ours include a sunroof, which you don't get as standard on Mercedes S Class, or most BMWs.

😎

Chards