• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Auction - Antique silver salver/platter/tray - 1.5kg

stefffana

Good morning, everyone!

I have today for auction a heavy and beautiful continental silver salver/platter/tray, most probably dutch maker, possibly made in early 19th century. I have put all my knowledge in my researches, but I couldn't find any more informations about this tray. The hallmark (eagle or phoenix) on this item it is still visible, possibly dutch. So, even it is lovely, please consider this item as scrap silver when you are bidding, but who knows, I will accept any final price.

Facts about this salver: 

1. It is round large and thick, with a diameter over 30 cm, three footed.

2. Weight it is over 1500g. From this weight I will deduct 300g for the three feet for peace of mind, because sometimes at that period the feet were made from other alloys. So, the netto solid silver weight of this salver is 1200g.

3. It is made from minimum .900 solid silver alloy according with my tests and multiples tests made by my jeweller. But, because the item was not XRF tested, I will do my calculations starting from the assumption that it is .800 silver, the minimum grade of silver alloy used for flatware. So, the equivalent of pure silver used to make this salver is 960g, with a melting value today of £545.

4. It is in overall good antique condition, the scalloped rim is looking great, have a nice centre design, copperish colour, unknown and interesting technique. Please, see the pictures attached. The other objects pictured are only for comparing the dimensions, for an easier idea about how big is this tray.

The salver appears in pictures with stains from age and multiples acid tests, but will be cleaned and made to look better before dispatching.

The winner of this auction have 14 days after receiving the salver to do his own test and researches. If for any reason the item is not as described and is unhappy with his purchase I guarantee money back and returning costs paid by me.

The auction is starting now and will end tomorrow, on Wednesday 22.06.22, at 21.00pm. No extended time.

Starting price is half from melting value, so £272. Minimum increments of £2.

1st class signed for is included in the final price. For an upgrade to SD, should be added £8 on top (the parcel is heavy).

The parcel will be sent on Thursday afternoon.

Feel free to comment on here and happy bidding!🤗

Thank you for looking!

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

s-l1600 - 2022-06-21T093508.135.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-06-21T093524.293.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-06-21T093513.161.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-06-21T093518.136.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-06-21T093546.406.jpg

IMG_20220608_221005.jpg

IMG_20220608_220952.jpg

IMG_20220608_100736.jpg

IMG_20220608_100745.jpg

IMG_20220608_100704.jpg

IMG_20220608_100724.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could we get a photo with your hand placed on top of it as I want to see the real scale. then we will know if its the size of a flyin saucer!

asking for a bert friend!

giphy.gif 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

15 minutes ago, James32 said:

£275

Is it a bit too wide for this?

giphy.gif 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Does the tray get delivered on a tray?

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

11 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

Does the tray get delivered on a tray?

Good point and how many trays in a tube?

Or how many tubes on the tray?

Is the tray from the man from Milk tray advert?

How many tray ozs of silver in it?

Does the tray have a name like troy?

Are you traying to sell this?

Can I trail the tray first?

How many jam jars of plum can fit on the tray?

Also I hope you are not traying to deceive us?

At least I trayed asking some sensible questions?

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Good point and how many trays in a tube?

Or how many tubes on the tray?

Is the tray from the man from Milk tray advert?

How many tray ozs of silver in it?

Does the tray have a name like troy?

Are you traying to sell this?

Can I trail the tray first?

How many jam jars of plum can fit on the tray?

At least I trayed asking some sensible questions?

Don't burn yourself out by traying to milk this thread for all them puns bully...

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

Just now, stackerp5 said:

Don't burn yourself out by traying to milk this thread for all them puns bully...

Well I was just seeing if I can get free trayal first?

Bulls dont have milk, well not the type for drinking!

Come on @James32 tray and have another bid, choocies for Queen @James32 she will let you invest in even bigger hoover pipe!

No brainer and she may even tray and use the said tray for breakfast in bed.....

Archived