• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Omp or no?

5 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Don't worry OP - you're not alone in this. The RM are ruddy clueless to issue the three graces bars in packaging following the Una bars being released in 'cling film'. I fully expect the next release to be housed in something completely different again.

(unless, of course, they have a cunning plan to release matching empty packaging at some point in the future - for a small fee) ?

Personally i have re-housed my Una bars in hard capsules and am girding my loins to do the same with the three graces. Any product in the original packaging will sell quicker than loose product - whether the packaging will carry a premium is yet to be determined but, historically, it does make a difference in re-sale prices.

I bought a bar for my own pleasure which i will re-house. Anyone who has bought bars to eventually re-sell would be advised to leave them as is.

I'm pretty decided on rehousing the Una bar in a capsule but still in two minds about the Three Graces bar. 

My OCD wants them all to be the same (so I'll have the same conflict when the next bar comes out however its packaged) and I'm not really looking to sell any time soon...

Might wait and see how the next one is released and let future me make the decision 😆

7 hours ago, StelliosDriver said:

I'm pretty decided on rehousing the Una bar in a capsule but still in two minds about the Three Graces bar. 

My OCD wants them all to be the same (so I'll have the same conflict when the next bar comes out however its packaged) and I'm not really looking to sell any time soon...

Might wait and see how the next one is released and let future me make the decision 😆

Easy solution is to buy another Three Graces bar, and then remove one of them from the OMP and put it in a capsule... 😁

The RM will release the 3G bars also in the same plastic sheets, as the Una bars. In Germany the 3G bars are offered only in these plastic sheets, shipping in August. If you buy a whole sheet, i wouldn't remove them. Single bars, no matter if 1, or 10 OZ, look so much nicer in capsules. 

20220621_220216.jpg

13 hours ago, Gordy said:

off of off of off..... sounds made when biting into a greggs steak bake just out the oven

That would be the still frozen ones then! The cold ones are often the ones from last week that the dog refused to eat!

On 20/06/2022 at 20:49, LawrenceChard said:

So, you're going to take it out of the plastic packaging, and put it in a plastic capsule instead?

Because you have heard plastic could ruin it?

😎

What about sovereigns? If a bullion sovereign comes in plastic OMP that looks like a small plastic bag, would it be better in a capsule or left… ‘original’ etc.?

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

No only because I dont know what OMP is and I cant be arrrrrsed to read the thread, and too lazy to research.

Like a small sealed plastic bag 😕

6 minutes ago, Petra said:

What about sovereigns? If a bullion sovereign comes in plastic OMP that looks like a small plastic bag, would it be better in a capsule or left… ‘original’ etc.?

We use some resealable plastic bag which I am sure are very stable.

The "baddies" are the PVC ones. Most plastics are probably OK.

Chards

31 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We use some resealable plastic bag which I am sure are very stable.

The "baddies" are the PVC ones. Most plastics are probably OK.

Ooh, you might find this interesting then. On the receiving end, I tend to discard your resealable plastic bags. Why? Because they are usually folded after being sealed and are then sellotaped for security. Removing the tape usually takes some of the printed Chards logo with it, and the edges of where the printing comes off look a bit flaky. Not only does it make the bags look a bit uglier than they should, but I'd be worried about tiny fragments shedding from the edges.

I don't want purple shards of chards randomly raining onto my coins! :D

34 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Ooh, you might find this interesting then. On the receiving end, I tend to discard your resealable plastic bags. Why? Because they are usually folded after being sealed and are then sellotaped for security. Removing the tape usually takes some of the printed Chards logo with it, and the edges of where the printing comes off look a bit flaky. Not only does it make the bags look a bit uglier than they should, but I'd be worried about tiny fragments shedding from the edges.

The ones I prefer to use are some unbranded ones with a write-on panel, but @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer use branded ones for packing.

I tagged them in for their attention.

😎

Chards

11 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Some feedback from our Packing Team:

"We have disscussed and will take this on board so they can have nice shiny bags lol Chris K you're not dans la basment currently so please read above and note not to sellotape the bags where they are already held in place with the bubble wrap - pop down if you have any Qs" 

"On a positive note at least he understands that we use the tape for security purposes!"

Watch Purple Rain | Prime Video

😎

Chards

On 21/06/2022 at 10:57, PrivateStacker195 said:

Any links to air tight capsules for the bars please?

Anyone have links for a good place for capsules for RM 10oz bars?

My last 10oz bar purchased came with a sticker covering almost all of the design on the bar, rather spoiling its appearance.