• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are you guys aware of any cheap copper bullion about?

I made a display on my bookshelf with my first Silver Britannia, first Half Crown and a lovely Lira which Dakaras provided, I was thinking about getting a couple of copper bullions to add to the display, however, I feel like most asking prices are exaggerated, it is a novelty item in the end and the copper value is nearly nill in a 1oz coin... seen them about for £6/7, looks like in the US they do them way cheaper, but again, then you have shipping, any info would be appreciated.

Ps. I could be tempted to make an exception and thrown some money at The Ginger Ingot 🤣
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1081224729/scottish-the-ginger-ingot-hand-made

Scottish 'The Ginger Ingot' Hand Made Copper Paper image 1

26 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

Are you guys aware of any cheap copper bullion about?

I made a display on my bookshelf with my first Silver Britannia, first Half Crown and a lovely Lira which Dakaras provided, I was thinking about getting a couple of copper bullions to add to the display, however, I feel like most asking prices are exaggerated, it is a novelty item in the end and the copper value is nearly nill in a 1oz coin... seen them about for £6/7, looks like in the US they do them way cheaper, but again, then you have shipping, any info would be appreciated.

Ps. I could be tempted to make an exception and thrown some money at The Ginger Ingot 🤣
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1081224729/scottish-the-ginger-ingot-hand-made

Scottish 'The Ginger Ingot' Hand Made Copper Paper image 1

Bullions???

😎

Chards

• 1 month later...

They go on eBay and Etsy for prices in between £5.00 and £10.00.

I haven't looked much into it since because they really are worthy only as collectables, in my case I grew up with D&D and then turned to WoW, I have the Gold, I have the Silver, just needed some Copper coins too. States side you can find them cheaper, this side not as much.

9 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

I'd never seen one of these before, until it was given to me by a gold dealer in the U.S.!  Not sure what its worth though - useful to a plumber maybe? 😃

IMG_3301 (2).JPG

Nice👍

I got one of these. It was a free gift when I bought some silver from a seller. Not a great looking coin but it's the only copper round I have.

1-Unze-Copper-Round-Panda-99999-AVDP.thumb.jpg.6559b31f05661ba763569ce793d531f5.jpg

There was a time when some people collected copper 1p and 2p because they worth more in metal value. All copper pennies have since been taken out of circulation and replaced with some cheap metal ( with steel I believe). But you missed the boat if you're into this kind of thing !

Edited by Happypanda88

Many stackers think that gold and silver is real money. And I agree, especially gold and silver coins. The coin form is associated with money is people’s minds, and is conducive to trade and exchange. But are copper coins real money? Can they perhaps be used as small change in barter trades?

Edited by goldsilverdash

• 1 month later...

I've seen these copper bars going on Ebay for about 30 quid.  The vendor claims .99999 fine copper, which may explain some of the price premium, given that the spot price for copper is about $8 USD per kilo.  Otherwise, this seems like quite a hefty premium.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193397998261

Larger copper bars still seem to go around the 20kg/kilo mark, presumably not for .99999 fine copper.

I did briefly think of buying 100kg of copper to weigh down a safe but that's about £2-3 grand in copper at prices an ordinary schleb like me has access to.  Maybe one could pack it in monster boxes and potentially preserve some of its value as bullion, but the liquidity looks like it would be even harder to get one's money back out of it than silver.

I might buy a couple of 1kg bars for ***** and giggles, though.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

I bought a few tubes of Lakota copper rounds for £1 each, I can't remember the name of the place but it's defunct now, I saw them selling for £4 upwards on Ebay and they were actually selling so I thought I would never lose on them if I ever decided to sell.

I also bought 5 each of the Four Horsemen series in copper which were about £4 each at the time and they are all listed for much more on Ebay now, not sure if they are actually selling though, there is one of them has gone silly money, again I can't remember which one.

Edited by Scuzzle

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.geiger-edelmetalle.de/en/copper-bar-geiger-original-5000-g-cast-.9999-1321004.html

Here's a nice 5kg bar. Must be a new design as I've got the previous 5kg bar they sold which I bought when we were in the EU. Wouldn't mind getting this but I'd have to ask them about postage to the UK which probably isn't too good these days.