• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 £5 sovereigns?

StackemHigh

22 minutes ago, StackemHigh said:

I noticed the £2 sovereigns are now out n 'bout. What about the £5 version, or have i missed them totally?

Not released yet as far as I'm aware.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

There were 700 of them in the 5-coin proof sets released last year.

Thought that's where you we're heading 🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

22 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

I noticed the £2 sovereigns are now out n 'bout. What about the £5 version, or have i missed them totally?

I don't think we will see any 2022 bullion quintuple sovereigns, but I may be wrong.

It is extremely likely there will be a "Brilliant Uncirculated" version issued as usual.

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

I don't think we will see any 2022 bullion quintuple sovereigns, but I may be wrong.

It is extremely likely there will be a "Brilliant Uncirculated" version issued as usual.

Trouble is it's likely to be another matte version

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Sad if there is no quintupleso sovereign as i am waiting one to complete a bullion 5coin set😅

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

Trouble is it's likely to be another matte version

Another matte....oh no, RM quality again

Think the RM have not totally milked the 2022 sovereign yet.  Proof piedfort later this year, hope the £5 BU is not matt but going off pervious years it’s likely to be the case.  I feel there could be more in the offering, £2 Piedfort or more  milled Piedfort (the have made an un milled pattern set) would not be hard to change the collars and knock up more coins. 

Got a feeling they will be a proof available that they have not offered before. 

Matt Proof? Don’t know how they could distinguish this from the SOTD,  less frosting faults perhaps? 

Some have suggested a platinum sovereign. 

what ever happens we know we will all be queuing to buy them! 

6 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Think the RM have not totally milked the 2022 sovereign yet.  Proof piedfort later this year, hope the £5 BU is not matt but going off pervious years it’s likely to be the case.  I feel there could be more in the offering, £2 Piedfort or more  milled Piedfort (the have made an un milled pattern set) would not be hard to change the collars and knock up more coins. 

Matt Proof? Don’t know how they could distinguish this from the SOTD,  less frosting faults perhaps? 

Perhaps a new Portrait later in the year? 

On 02/05/2022 at 17:12, GoldDiggerDave said:

Not me might be a lovely coin? Unless I can put a fiver down and a £1 week

Anyway I can enjoy the lucky people who can, because in all fairness the silver forum members they tend to share they joy and photos for all to see.