• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three Graces bullion bars

A big thumbs down from me and an easy pass.  A missed opportunity for the RM in my opinion.  

Still, it means that I have saved myself the cost of a 1 oz gold bar and 10 oz silver bar.  I'd saved up the money in readiness and now I need to avoid the temptation to spend it on some Tudor Beast bullion coins.  Or just put it towards fuel, food and energy bills...

I wonder if they will release a Gothic Crown Great Engravers bullion bar at some point or just kill the bar series after this release.

Hmmm, I really didn't expect that.....the una bar is stunning that looks bad, totally agree with the earlier post saying it looks like a c**p trinket from a Greek souvenir shop. At least it frees up the cash to get the little john coin I've been putting off buying.

Seems a bit Marmite, but if anyone's interested:

• Silver 10oz bar is limited to 6,100 bars worldwide.
  • Silver 1oz bar is limited to 36,000 bars worldwide (of which only 6,000 bars are available in secure tamper-proof blister packaging exclusive to The Royal Mint).

• Gold 1oz bar is limited to 4,000 bars worldwide.

The packaging is quite a plus imo. The Una bars were sealed in wrapper that had some kind of debris inside them, so these blister packs are a big upgrade.

shame the design isn’t as nice as the Una. They could’ve done better.

Still though, I’m getting some 1oz silvers to continue the series. Maybe avoid the 10oz this time. The 1oz silver Una’s sold out quickly last year. Maybe these will also…

he he he... Everyone saying that these bars are not very good hasn't stopped them being instantly bought as soon as they appear.

I've had one email stating they're now available to buy but took too long to log in - back to 'awaiting stock'. It looks like the RM are playing silly buggers again and releasing multiple small batches to keep the interest up. They know how many are available so it makes no sense to do this.

If i am unable to purchase a couple of 1 oz bars from the Mint because of their ludicrous selling strategy then i think i'll seriously consider giving up on them 😐 I have to be at work during the day and can't keep logging in on the off-chance that i strike lucky.   

3 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

he he he... Everyone saying that these bars are not very good hasn't stopped them being instantly bought as soon as they appear.

I've had one email stating they're now available to buy but took too long to log in - back to 'awaiting stock'. It looks like the RM are playing silly buggers again and releasing multiple small batches to keep the interest up. They know how many are available so it makes no sense to do this.

If i am unable to purchase a couple of 1 oz bars from the Mint because of their ludicrous selling strategy then i think i'll seriously consider giving up on them 😐 I have to be at work during the day and can't keep logging in on the off-chance that i strike lucky.   

I'm pretty sure someone must have bought a few hundred in one go for the available stock to plummet to zero (it was floating in the 900s for a couple of hours earlier). Someone must think they're going to be popular!

I like them & as a collector these are reasonably priced just getting 3 X 1oz silver . I'm leaving the 10 oz for now but if anyone buys a lump of them & wants to swap one (three graces) for a 10oz una & lion I have 10 of those lol, I'll swap one.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Well, it is now. They've released another batch of 500 that are available to purchase. I wonder why they are doing it like this!

So everyone has a chance to get one...they seems to be selling well.

Thanks for the heads-up about them being back on sale.

I've just ordered a 1 oz silver bar, just so that I have one of the design.  But I seriously doubt that I will be adding the 10 oz silver or the 1 oz gold versions, which was my original intention and also what I did for the Una bars when they first went on sale.  I did subsequently buy the 1 oz silver Una bar from Silvertrader and it came in a nice little capsule.

I think the Three Graces bar looks good in its tamperproof packaging and I don't have a 1 oz silver bar in RM packaging, so it will give me something a bit different for a relatively trivial outlay compared to what I had originally intended.

Look forward to seeing photos of the gold and 10 oz if any Forum members get one 😄

Edited by Stuntman
spelling!