Jump to content
  • The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 13,000+ forum members.

Website silver to go


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, 

 

I have came accross a website called 'silver to go' and the prices seem very appealing! Just wondered if this website is legit and a good plage to purchase? 

Many thanks 

 

Chris 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Hey guys, 

 

I have came accross a website called 'silver to go' and the prices seem very appealing! Just wondered if this website is legit and a good plage to purchase? 

Many thanks 

 

Chris 

Never used but after checking, they appear to be in Germany...so you will likely be charged vat once your items enter uk, plus they have a 35-40 day delivery time 😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, legit company and website - I bought my first silver from them back in 2015!

You would get stung for 20% VAT Plus courier charges when you imported to the UK though - be warned!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are a legit site and were worth buying from while we were still under the EU margin scheme on VAT and only paying 6%, best to do a dummy order factoring in the increased postage and the VAT and checking how the price compares to the same order from UK sellers like Atkinsons as I suspect unless it's a very big order there won't be much of a difference now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys are great! Very informative! I have been hunting places online for the best price. Things on this forum seem to be snapped up real quick! The best ive found for a 1oz silver britannia is £27.40 and want to get down to £24 really if possible. 

The best price is on Tavex bullion if anyone has heard of them? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Christoph said:

You guys are great! Very informative! I have been hunting places online for the best price. Things on this forum seem to be snapped up real quick! The best ive found for a 1oz silver britannia is £27.40 and want to get down to £24 really if possible. 

The best price is on Tavex bullion if anyone has heard of them? 

Tavex are new to the UK but offer an excellent service going by plenty of buyers on here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Tavex are new to the UK but offer an excellent service going by plenty of buyers on here.

STG were the go to silver dealers when I started stacking and the forum was in its infancy. From what I mind , you could get silver for around  £12 delivered in 2014:15? Sounds like a bargain, which it is, however silver has a long way to go yet imo. Just glad I discovered it then and not 2011 when at major highs. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've inadvertently used STG as they seem to be one of the suppliers/sub company of Coininvest based in Frankfurt. A few fees here and there including VAT which was actually charged/billed by UPS before delivery. No nasty surprises with silver, but UPS in my experience buying gold from Coininvest, are almost impossible to deal with should an issue arise. 

Indeed I did write quite a comprehensive piece on this forum how even Coininvest know that there are issues with UPS, but they can't find any other company to bring things in to the UK. A shame, the people that I had dealings with at Coininvest were lovely and ever so helpful. 

For a couple of quid tops, I'd stick with British firms/TSF going forward, you will be hit with VAT, there may be import hiccups and then there's the dreaded UPS customer service, best avoided at all cost. 

Just my experience, firm good, courier bad🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just noticed you asked about Tavex too! 

I believe it's an Estonian firm, newish to UK. I bought a gold Philly from them last week, they were cheap, very quick to deliver (next day) and their customer service and presentation should be the benchmark for all to follow.

I also believe I've seen them posting on the forum, I think quite possibly when I put the above Philly in 'today I received'.

Would have to recommend as a firm but you will still be paying VAT on silver.

If you buy second hand from the forum, the coins may (to the uninitiated) at first glance not seem too cheap, but don't forget, that is the price, no VAT to be added. So silver  generally sells, at a bit more expensive than no VAT, but almost always cheaper than with VAT. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FFposh said:

I've just noticed you asked about Tavex too! 

I believe it's an Estonian firm, newish to UK. I bought a gold Philly from them last week, they were cheap, very quick to deliver (next day) and their customer service and presentation should be the benchmark for all to follow.

I also believe I've seen them posting on the forum, I think quite possibly when I put the above Philly in 'today I received'.

Would have to recommend as a firm but you will still be paying VAT on silver.

If you buy second hand from the forum, the coins may (to the uninitiated) at first glance not seem too cheap, but don't forget, that is the price, no VAT to be added. So silver  generally sells, at a bit more expensive than no VAT, but almost always cheaper than with VAT. 

 

 

Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated! It is good to confirm that Tavex is a good company as they offer the best price I can find outside of the forum. I ordered a few from them and then thankfully a lovely gentleman on here offered me some second hand coins at a great price to lower my average. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2022 at 10:25, SlugForAButt said:

Just a quick heads up.

I ordered from Silver-to-go/CoinInvest and although it took nearly a month to arrive, there was no VAT added (package was labelled as "social advertising").

I only ordered 1 tube of silver Britannias as it was the first time I'd dealt with them, but I'll definitely be ordering more.

Well worth the wait to save over £100.

 

silver.jpg

Happy days congrats 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/03/2022 at 10:25, SlugForAButt said:

Just a quick heads up.

I ordered from Silver-to-go/CoinInvest and although it took nearly a month to arrive, there was no VAT added (package was labelled as "social advertising").

I only ordered 1 tube of silver Britannias as it was the first time I'd dealt with them, but I'll definitely be ordering more.

Well worth the wait to save over £100.

 

silver.jpg

This works for as long as customs don't open your parcels, as soon as they do it'll either get returned for using the wrong category or you'll end up with the VAT and customs bill. Well done getting one snuck through though 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/03/2022 at 10:25, SlugForAButt said:

Just a quick heads up.

I ordered from Silver-to-go/CoinInvest and although it took nearly a month to arrive, there was no VAT added (package was labelled as "social advertising").

I only ordered 1 tube of silver Britannias as it was the first time I'd dealt with them, but I'll definitely be ordering more.

Well worth the wait to save over £100.

Did you ask them to do that or was it their idea?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always looking for good deals so I visited their site and if you compare their prices with the prices from Goldsilver.be they are just crazy expensive so you could better visit the goldsilver.com website if you want cheap prices.

Edited by Centauri167
the right website is goldsilver.be and not .com !
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/04/2022 at 15:40, Centauri167 said:

Always looking for good deals so I visited their site and if you compare their prices with the prices from Goldsilver.com they are just crazy expensive so you could better visit the goldsilver.com website if you want cheap prices.

I must be missing something because I just had a quick look and a tube of their cheapest coin (the Philarmonic) is more expensive than CoinInvests cheapest (Krugerrand)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/04/2022 at 22:51, SlugForAButt said:

I must be missing something because I just had a quick look and a tube of their cheapest coin (the Philarmonic) is more expensive than CoinInvests cheapest (Krugerrand)

 

I think you must be missing a lot indeed, their ( goldsilver.be ) cheapest coin is at this moment 25,51 euro a piece while the cheapest at silver to go is 28,21 euro. So best you look again ...

Edited by Centauri167
should have been goldsilver.be and not .com
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SlugForAButt said:

Seems I looked again and got the same result.

Maybe use that superior attitude to explain it to me?

silver.png

Nope, I see my mistake, it must be goldsilver.be and not .com, it looks that the auto typer places .com automatically ... The prices I mentioned are correct so please visit goldsilver.be and you will see how much cheaper they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SlugForAButt said:

I see you've gone through your earlier posts and edited them so it looks like you were right all along.

 

Very... very... sad.

I edited them indeed but also mentioned the reason and what I changed. Like I wrote, my mistake. What's sad about admitting that I wrote .com while it had to be .be ?? Don't be so frustrated, now you know a much cheaper site, be happy and enjoy your life !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Centauri167 has written his mistake 3 times even after the edits, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Gs. Be has normally been cheaper for silver when I've used them in the past. On smaller orders this might not be the case due to higher postage costs (than stg) or if you want a specific coin that isn't just simple bullion.

Haven't tried importing to UK since the end of the Brexit transition period but there's been a number of people who said they tried and had to pay vat and additional fees 👍🏽

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use