• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Royal Mint £5 Silver Proof Crowns- Wanted

richatthecroft

Anyone have any of the following Royal Mint £5 Silver Proof Crowns they wish to sell?  

The Reference number preceding the title is the number taken from Spink 'Coins of England', Decimal Issues.    

Please comment here or send me a private message please.  

Thanks in advance.  

1572477347_Screenshot2022-03-27at23_53_34.png.95d5c9e9e184b3b77fff1b94bf78d284.png

1885474923_Screenshot2022-03-27at23_54_35.png.4a9d876827958f4361ab522caf9eb909.png

1376685742_Screenshot2022-03-27at23_54_08.png.7b495026c101e54bc7e61a04ae6fe038.png

• richatthecroft changed the title to Royal Mint £5 Silver Proof Crowns- Wanted
4 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I have the L89 Royal Albert Hall, the silver proof domed version (the first UK domed coin) -- if you're interested. It comes with quite an exquisite box.

Come to think of it, you might as well still get it from the Royal Mint:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/royal-albert-hall/the-150th-anniversary-of-the-royal-albert-hall-2021-uk-5-pound-silver-proof-domed-coin/

8 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Are these the final coins to complete the collection Richard? If not then you must be pretty close. Looking forward to seeing them all together.

Kind of!  

I have almost all the pre- Decimal issues of Silver Crowns from 1902, aside from a couple of Wreath Crowns.

In terms of these Decimal issues from 1972 yes, these are the final coins.  I followed the Spink 'Coins of England' book but I have cheated!  In terms of omitting the Tower of London issues, which I wasn't keen on and also omitted the Remembrance Day issues as well as not collecting the Olympic and World War 1 commemoratives- I also still have 3x 4 coin sets of the 'Portraits of Britain' issues to go.  

Some of the collection are Piedfort £5's as my cabinet is reasonably deep in accommodating these double thickness Crowns.  

Altogether of the ones I have chosen to collect, there are 77 and I have 23 to go including the Portraits of Britain sets- I have two of the 5 four coin sets of these.  

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

Kind of!  

I have almost all the pre- Decimal issues of Silver Crowns from 1902, aside from a couple of Wreath Crowns.

In terms of these Decimal issues from 1972 yes, these are the final coins.  I followed the Spink 'Coins of England' book but I have cheated!  In terms of omitting the Tower of London issues, which I wasn't keen on and also omitted the Remembrance Day issues as well as not collecting the Olympic and World War 1 commemoratives- I also still have 3x 4 coin sets of the 'Portraits of Britain' issues to go.  

Some of the collection are Piedfort £5's as my cabinet is reasonably deep in accommodating these double thickness Crowns.  

Altogether of the ones I have chosen to collect, there are 77 and I have 23 to go including the Portraits of Britain sets- I have two of the 5 four coin sets of these.  

That's dedication, hats off!

On 12/03/2022 at 18:55, richatthecroft said:

Kind of!  

A marvelous achievement Richard👍, wish you can complete your list soon!

14 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I presume you know that the 2015 Princess Charlotte is on Atkinsons- albeit with a pretty hefty price tag?

Thanks- yes I saw it there.  It’s about the going rate for it however, the scans they published don’t look the best- in the description it does say that the image is of the type of coin rather than the actual coin- but I wonder why they would choose an image of such a rough looking coin?  It might be the actual coin.

DD22F625-0305-4968-8983-E06929B386D6.thumb.png.c364ebed32604ce3db97ddad088b2676.png

On 12/03/2022 at 10:55, richatthecroft said:

Kind of!  

Oh wow!!! Congrats on (almost) completing your set. I would love to see your collection sometime. Perhaps a blog or so would be ideal. I got a box full of proofs. I'll go through it and see if I can help you in acquiring your final missing bits.

3 minutes ago, sellerstacker said:

Oh wow!!! Congrats on (almost) completing your set. I would love to see your collection sometime. Perhaps a blog or so would be ideal. I got a box full of proofs. I'll go through it and see if I can help you in acquiring your final missing bits.

Thanks- I’ll maybe put together a blog post.

Thanks for having a rummage through your proofs- let me know what you turn up 👍 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived