• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

This listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275113463649?
2022 Gold Sovereign Royal Mint Platinum Jubilee Coin - IN STOCK!

Price:
£464.99

8 sold

Looks ridiculously expensive compared with most UK dealers:

Price Comparison Against Other UK Bullion Dealers - Updated at 05-Mar-2022 06:34

Qty Chards (Excl Delivery) Chards (Inc Delivery) B* G* A AB BB SP UKB
5 £370.64 £372.04 OOS OOS £375.29 OOS £379.03 £384.72 £378.12
10 £369.59 £370.39 OOS OOS £373.19 OOS £378.53 £384.33 £377.36
25 £368.88 £369.36 OOS OOS £372.14 OOS £378.03 £383.75 £376.79
50 £368.18 £368.54 OOS OOS £371.07 OOS £377.53 £382.98 £376.22
100 £367.48 £367.78 OOS OOS £370.51 OOS £377.23 £382.41 £375.46
250 £366.78 £367.13 OOS OOS £369.97 OOS £376.83 £381.44 £375.08
500 £366.43 £366.73 OOS OOS £368.88 OOS £376.53 £381.44 £374.70
1000 £366.08 £366.35 OOS OOS £368.88 OOS £376.53 £381.44 £374.13

or even the Royal Mint:

The Sovereign 2022 Gold Bullion Coin
Bullion | 916.7 Fine Gold
Price:From £374.74

Rated 0 out of 5
OUR PRICING
* (ESTIMATED)
QUANTITY    UNIT PRICE
1    £379.35

The seller also misleading and incorrectly states:

RETURNS

As the coin is a gold bullion coin, the right to cancellation does not exist under Distance Selling Regulations.

They have always been highly priced on ebay, anyone who pays that deserves what the get... why not shop around? its madness

Edited by Gordy
spelling

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

yeah but 

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Although all double sovereigns are gold £2 pieces, not all gold £2 coins are double sovereigns. @ArgentSmith

🙂

Technically correct but Binlord of the week?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

8 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Although all double sovereigns are gold £2 pieces, not all gold £2 coins are double sovereigns. @ArgentSmith

🙂

see if he changes it, i was nicer on this message to him though tbh

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

And this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165359259529

2009 Gold Proof £2 Double Sovereign Robert Burns

Is not a double sovereign!

This is where it gets confusing, it's double the weight of a sovereign and also a £2 coin, its also a genuine 22ct coin,but what is the correct terminology?? 

Just a proof £2??

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

This is where it gets confusing, it's double the weight of a sovereign and also a £2 coin, its also a genuine 22ct coin,but what is the correct terminology?? 

Just a proof £2??

yep

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

yeah but 

Technically correct but Binlord of the week?

Thanks.

I was not proposing him as BOTW, just adding the first, then second listing I saw featured on his.

It reinforces my view that many if not most ebay sellers seem to be misleading, dodgy, bad, inaccurate, or fraudulent.

I am aware there are also some dodgy buyers.

Ebay don't seem to care about any of this, which makes them just as bad, if not worse.

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Just a proof £2??

Yes! 🙂

Chards

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

what is the correct terminology??

https://www.chards.co.uk/2009-robert-burns-two-pounds-gold-proof-coin/1893

But will cost you an extra £100

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks.

I was not proposing him as BOTW, just adding the first, then second listing I saw featured on his.

It reinforces my view that many if not most ebay sellers seem to be misleading, dodgy, bad, inaccurate, or fraudulent.

I am aware there are also some dodgy buyers.

Ebay don't seem to care about any of this, which makes them just as bad, if not worse.

Yes! 🙂

We all have a bugbear and mine is pretty minor tbh but what really gets my goat is ebayers selling pre-2013 Silver Brits and advertising them as .999 fine silver... it bugs the tits off me

i know it has a troy ounce in it but its not .999 and it just makes me go to the grape juice.

and how many of these fit in a tube i ask you 😂

7 minutes ago, Gordy said:

We all have a bugbear and mine is pretty minor tbh but what really gets my goat is ebayers selling pre-2013 Silver Brits and advertising them as .999 fine silver... it bugs the tits off me

i know it has a troy ounce in it but its not .999 and it just makes me go to the grape juice.

@SilverDrum reckons only 15 come in a tube

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 hours ago, Gordy said:

I don't have a single bugbear, it is more the ubiquity and totality of mistakes, misunderstandings, misinformation, lies and deceit on ebay. I hardly ever see a listing which is accurate, honest, transparent and without hype or exaggeration.

And, as I have said, ebay itself is not an innocent party in all this.

Chards

I contacted a seller through eBay only last week who was selling a ‘2022 wedding anniversary special sovereign’.

The description also described it as a ‘special design to mark the queens wedding anniversary’.

I messaged and explain their obvious error. Why sell something if you can’t even be bothered to know what you’re selling. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I contacted a seller through eBay only last week who was selling a ‘2022 wedding anniversary special sovereign’.

The description also described it as a ‘special design to mark the queens wedding anniversary’.

I messaged and explain their obvious error. Why sell something if you can’t even be bothered to know what you’re selling. 🙄

exactly, do a bit research and even copy and paste the info..

im a binlord idiot... I just realised I bid on a 2021 Silver Panda and i dont even want it, I want a 2019!!!!! and i'm currently winning it ... bugger! 

17 minutes ago, Gordy said:

exactly, do a bit research and even copy and paste the info..

im a binlord idiot... I just realised I bid on a 2021 Silver Panda and i dont even want it, I want a 2019!!!!! and i'm currently winning it ... bugger! 

Think how i felt, bid on a "2017 penny" and won it! 

78av.gif

14 hours ago, dicker said:

I think the scumbags that sell counterfeit coins generally know because they purchased them from China.  There are exceptions.

There is a seller on ebay selling lots of 100 or so coins of junk in a tin, and he places Chinese copies of american $20 and 5 Sovs on top and says they are 'facsimilie' in the listing and people still are paying £70-£100 sometimes.

I used to love junk hunting on Ebay but it's slim picking the last 2-3 years to be honest.

14 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I don't have a single bugbear, it is more the ubiquity and totality of mistakes, misunderstandings, misinformation, lies and deceit on ebay. I hardly ever see a listing which is accurate, honest, transparent and without hype or exaggeration.

And, as I have said, ebay itself is not an innocent party in all this.

See it often.  There was an interesting Sov that sold on eBay a couple of days ago that I discussed with @GoldDiggerDave N over N or possibly another letter, but these are rare now I agree.  This one we discussed was not in Marsh (but to be honest there are a LOT that are not in Marsh).

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 06/03/2022 at 16:06, Foster88 said:

That could be a major project, trying to educate ebay sellers.

Most of them have already had about 12 years of full time education, without much apparent effect.

Chards