• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

3oz Platinum for Platinum jubilee coin. 52 only!

Just putting it out there.
Interested in platinum? 
Details:

— 3oz Platinum 

— Proof coin. Limited to 52.

— Created for the QE2 Platinum Jubilee 

—-
Thinking around £9995 or ono considered.

PM me if interested. 

This is a unique piece! :) 

73FC3A1C-DED6-437D-8CBE-70A7452FBA56.jpeg

64BE75DC-0912-42F0-B264-76FD2ECCAD77.jpeg

18F09CC6-678F-41B4-8CF5-69AE8011545F.jpeg

Edited by Silverman2U

• Silverman2U changed the title to 3oz Platinum for Platinum jubilee coin. 52 only!
4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

It’s a gorgeous coin. I would’ve loved to have the £5 platinum coin which was, I think, priced around £2000.

Love to find out where the £5 platinum Proof platinum was priced at £2k. Please send me a link. 

13 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Love to find out where the £5 platinum Proof platinum was priced at £2k. Please send me a link. 

- There are only 52. Making it a lot rare than the 2oz gold version. 
- Looking around these are all sold out and can’t find them anywhere, not even on eBay. So love you to find one for £2k. 

04C75AD8-56B5-4D02-A545-021DA0E6DB45.jpeg

Edited by Silverman2U

Quite right the original price was £5495 delivered, the piedfort has 3oz of platinum which is curious to me, always thought piedforts were 2X weight but not so 🤷‍♂️ 

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-platinum-jubilee/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-5-platinum-proof-piedfort-coin/

14 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

This is a unique piece! :) 

one of 52 unique pieces 😃

Nice coin BTW

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Quite right the original price was £5495 delivered, the piedfort has 3oz of platinum which is curious to me, always thought piedforts were 2X weight but not so 🤷‍♂️ 

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-platinum-jubilee/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-5-platinum-proof-piedfort-coin/

one of 52 unique pieces 😃

Nice coin BTW

Yep. The more I look at it the more I am happy to keep on hold of it. It’s a unique piece and the fact no one can even find one for sale is testimony to that. ;) 

2 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

Sorry it is in fact the 1 oz platinum proof coin - but it has the same design as the £5 which is why I was confused.

It is / was priced at £2,150.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-platinum-jubilee/the-platinum-jubilee-1oz-platinum-proof-coin/

It also has the same design as the piedfort which you are talking about.

15 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

It's a lovely coin, but your potential pool of buyers is likely to be extremely limited at that price.  Way too rich for my blood, certainly.

Yea suspect so. It’s like the coin fair I went to

at weekend. They had a commonwealth silver coin (14g) from Cromwells time for sale for like £8.9k. 

If there is a market for that there is a market for platinum collectors out there for a rarer 3oz platinum I know which I would choose… ;)

830EA381-E0D0-4BFE-9D47-3F622CFD8182.thumb.jpeg.b3a9d1df6b4254f8994b35991f0ba282.jpeg

5E65F715-F98D-4AC4-8B17-0732FBD810C9.jpeg

Edited by Silverman2U

11 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

I think with the platypieds ,they are twice the thickness of the normal 1oz silver version so the Mint gave them the Piedfort designation.

You could put it back through the Royal Mints Auction in a few months time would have the right audience plus zero fees.  

There are four versions that have a lower mintage if you don't count

the first strike mintage of 25 for Churchill  --Churchill has 65 plus separate issue of twenty five in (I think)NGC  First whacked holders.

Why would they prefer to thicken and thicken rather than make the size bigger to make the pattern more detailed and better? Many coins 1OZ 2OZ 3OZ size is almost the same

10year later....🤣🤣🤣

hollow here your 10OZ coin491233869_.jpg.618ea9d0b12200a3e564215306d5fbce.jpg

Edited by JJH

The 10 oz silver coins are the sweet spot for me in terms of their dimensions and bling.  

The 1kg silver coin is a very cool statement piece, but it's more of a cylinder than it is a coin.  Understandable, but still a shame!

@Silverman2U - I really hope you find the right buyer for your platinum coin, the suggestion of putting it into that RM auction is a very good one in my opinion if you do want to sell it soon.

(I'd take that Commonwealth halfcrown over the platinum coin every day of the week and twice on Sundays, even at Baldwin's price!)  A proper piece of English history.

Edited by Stuntman
spelling!

On 08/02/2022 at 11:16, westminstrel said:

Sorry it is in fact the 1 oz platinum proof coin - but it has the same design as the £5 which is why I was confused.

It is / was priced at £2,150.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-platinum-jubilee/the-platinum-jubilee-1oz-platinum-proof-coin/

It also has the same design as the piedfort which you are talking about.

I was lucky enough to get one of these, my 1st platinum coin. Was worried the 3oz was a large lump of metal to potentially move on in the future so opted for the 1oz. Surprised the Royal Mint have release so few platinum coins for the jubilee, only 3 to my knowledge (3oz piedfort, 1oz and 50p I think). Still got a few months yet, but if thats it then these will be key collectables in the future

Looking for 1965, 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

4 hours ago, Heirlooms said:

I was lucky enough to get one of these, my 1st platinum coin. Was worried the 3oz was a large lump of metal to potentially move on in the future so opted for the 1oz. Surprised the Royal Mint have release so few platinum coins for the jubilee, only 3 to my knowledge (3oz piedfort, 1oz and 50p I think). Still got a few months yet, but if thats it then these will be key collectables in the future

Indeed. That was a good purchase IMO. 🙂