• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How to post expensive coins fully insured? (UK)

Hi,

I'd seen a previous post a while ago where someone mentioned how to send/insure coins that are valued above the royal mail max limit, and have forgotten what was suggested.

Looking for advice on what's the best method?

• Send Royal Mail SD and buy extra insurance (from who?)
  • Send fully insured via courier (who insures PMs?)

Thanks.

A company called Secursus give additional insurance for Royal Mail parcels.

They are currently quoting a cost of £100 for 10K of cover.

I have never used them, i think there are others on the forum that have but not sure if anyone has had to claim and if such a claim was smooth and straightforward ?

Edited by Fivepoundfred

1 hour ago, Fivepoundfred said:

A company called Secursus give additional insurance for Royal Mail parcels.

They are currently quoting a cost of £100 for 10K of cover.

I have never used them, i think there are others on the forum that have but not sure if anyone has had to claim and if such a claim was smooth and straightforward ?

Thanks for the reply, was just having a read and found this detailed in their excluded items list:

"Banknotes, coupons, securities, checks, minted coins, pure precious metals; "

https://www.secursus.com/en-gb/package-insurance/

Hmmm 🤔

Edited by oooootini
added link

In their terms and conditions 4.2 they give examples of items covered by their insurance and collector coins are included so now i guess we are dealing with definitions and small print !

Basically it is just a pain in the butt trying to ship valuable coins within the UK unless you have some form of business insurance.

Edited by Fivepoundfred

21 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I am sure I have seen something from @MancunianStackerin the past about this?

I used Secursus. I’ve not heard anyone use anyone better or different, so I’d be interested to hear about other companies too. 😉 

I emailed Secursus before sending the higher value coin I had and they replied with they fully cover Collectible/Proof/Graded coins of the precious metals variety, just not bullion.

Hope that helps but for your own security, maybe email them yourself. They usually rely the same day 👍🏻 

I also found them very fast and helpful when I entered the tracking number in wrong on the system and paid. I just emailed them the correct number and they corrected it and emailed me back a few hours later. Good experiences so far but never had to claim.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

On 06/02/2022 at 09:31, MancunianStacker said:

I used Secursus. I’ve not heard anyone use anyone better or different, so I’d be interested to hear about other companies too. 😉 

I emailed Secursus before sending the higher value coin I had and they replied with they fully cover Collectible/Proof/Graded coins of the precious metals variety, just not bullion.

Hope that helps but for your own security, maybe email them yourself. They usually rely the same day 👍🏻 

I also found them very fast and helpful when I entered the tracking number in wrong on the system and paid. I just emailed them the correct number and they corrected it and emailed me back a few hours later. Good experiences so far but never had to claim.

Thanks, I'll email them.