• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How is inflation effecting you in 2022?

Im happ

23 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Had to change the cars in our household last month. 

I bought a 2010 ecotec Zafira not long ago.
Fabulous condition, great price, 65 mpg & only 70k on the clock. 
In fact I was sure there was something wrong with it, but owning a zafira myself I know how to fix them. 
Its great that people carriers are not deemed as cool anymore - the market is full of them!! 

I was happy yesterday as I have replaced the air suspension pump/module on my 3l v6 Mercedes & its cleared the errors!
The whole job only cost me £150 so cant complain about that. I love my Mercedes but at £560 tax a year, 25mpg & its becoming a liability. 
Perfect timing to sell a car like that. I wont be able to give it away in a few years time. ;) 

The money is going straight into my trading account - dont tell my wife!! 

Edited by Stacktastic

I have just been notified of my energy costs going up. £91 was the original new direct debit is now £198 (117% increase). I am going to submit a meter reading today to get a more accurate cost. I suppose the big question is, will it increase again?. 

28 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

bought a 2010 ecotec Zafira not long ago.
Fabulous condition, great price, 65 mpg & only 70k on the clock. 
In fact I was sure there was something wrong with it, but owning a zafira myself I know how to fix them

This is the great thing about zafiras, parts are really easy to come by too. We needed a smaller car to drive into London as it now costs £12.50 per day on emotions so we went for a Kia ceed, seems cheap enough to run but no good for family car.

30 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

I have just been notified of my energy costs going up. £91 was the original new direct debit is now £198 (117% increase). I am going to submit a meter reading today to get a more accurate cost. I suppose the big question is, will it increase again?. 

This is the great thing about zafiras, parts are really easy to come by too. We needed a smaller car to drive into London as it now costs £12.50 per day on emotions so we went for a Kia ceed, seems cheap enough to run but no good for family car.

It will likely go up again, the agenda to nail families is criminal especially as we are an energy rich country.  At what point will average Mr and Mrs Jones will not be able to live, afford either to drive to work or take their kids to school?  It's easy to bash feckless people and take them as the norm.  There will be a point where families can not re budget.  A few hundred quid per month will push millions more households into poverty.    

On 05/02/2022 at 13:54, Zhorro said:

On today's Radio 4 "Moneybox" programme it was stated that electricity prices in France were only going up 4%, and that the energy provider EDF was having to take the hit.

french electricity is 80% nuclear power. that's why.

My mates energy bill has gone from £134 to £197 47% rise for him.  £2364 per year.   Got the feeling they will nail people come the end of this year.  A guy on a local social media site has said his bill from British gas is taking him from £5,300 to £8,900 per year 67%.   

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

My mates energy bill has gone from £134 to £197 47% rise for him.  £2364 per year.   Got the feeling they will nail people come the end of this year.  A guy on a local social media site has said his bill from British gas is taking him from £5,300 to £8,900 per year 67%.   

We are being Fleeced, I am off to Turkiye with Grumpy Dave, it's a lot Cheaper.

Just got my dual energy bill in. £42.68 added charge ~ 54.78% increase per month. Criminal. No doubt the Banks will say its all a conspiracy theory with these inflation numbers and fiat is stronger than ever. 

Edited by Minimalist

On 24/03/2022 at 08:01, GoldDiggerDave said:

A few hundred quid per month will push millions more households into poverty.

Its costing me around £500 increase next tax year. Ill have to cut back on a few items. This will effect majority of the UK right across the board. Massive negative but a huge political oppertunity for us Scots to use it to break away from Westminster.

5 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Massive negative but a huge political oppertunity for us Scots to use it to break away from Westminster.

I wish you well in independece, but you will straight into the euro bureaucracy

14 minutes ago, ady said:

I wish you well in independece, but you will straight into the euro bureaucracy

Thanks pal. Really hope Scots wake up. Aye, really dont understand the EU thing. My gut tells me we are going to get 17 nukes, be part of NATO and the EU…

Personally I dont want to be part of any Union, from the monarchy, politically and economically.

Just had British Gas try and rise my energy bill to £106 per month.  This is well over what I use and I'm still locked into the same deal.  Do not just accept higher charges. 

It should not be more than £68.18p per average month (Summer time should not be more than £46 per month)  based on my usage and current tariff.   Time to kick off with them.......They always back down and put be back onto the amount I actually use.   Strange the recalculate your bill based on your winter usage at the start of summer.  

Always ask just how much you are in credit to them, I got 5.5k back for my mother inlaw, and got my mate 1.6k back.   It pays to be a whinging A...hole that dose not back down.   

1 minute ago, papi1980 said:

Just wanted to share what was like when the inflation in my Eastern European country when inflation reached 1000% in 1997. Don’t know if that will happen in the U.K. but everything that happened over the last 2-3 weeks reminds me of that period 

to be precise, the inflation was long 50-60% over 4-5 years and in 1997 it hit 1000% so was not sudden shock 

1. Some goods disappear (cooking  oil, gasoline, meat, cheese, tomatoes, alcohol) Bread and some key vegetables could be found but because government organised rationing. I was queuing for oil 1-2 hours…

2. Salaries were paid weekly and after a while daily (once you get your salary, you rush to put gas in the car so you can go to work next day, then you buy groceries) 

3. Gold, silver disappears. Although online was not existent then (no TSF :), we had jewellery shops and they just closed overnight

4. There was a run on banks and people start queueing to get savings. Rioting started, because people realised that their saving even paid will not be enough for anything 

5. some areas experienced energy blackouts. No energy for 1h, then 2 hours ok, then another 1h blackout and so on

6.  Normal economy halts. Long term Planning becomes impossible and people start to think day-by-day at best weekly. Everyone is looking for essentials and no luxuries 

7. After the first winter, the people overthrew the government with massive protests. The only thing that cured the inflation was pegging the currently to something solid (D-mark at that time)…in our lifetime that will be gold :)

hope that was helpful

wait til CBDCs happen and people losing their purchasing freedom! The exact above!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

10 minutes ago, papi1980 said:

Exactly…the thing is that people will love it at the beginning…flocking to turn to CBDC..

The CBDC will act as total financial tyranny but my gut tells me that it will also restrict access of resources based on a persons views online. I can see peoples payments being restricted or declined if someone talks out agaunst the Banking cartel and Govt. This will force the population into submitting to all the propaganda and operations of the Banking cartel. Essentially what we will have here is you can eat/survive on the basis of the Banking cartels views and operations.

Edited by Minimalist

So, the communists had full control over the currency and a good hold on how it was spend…very similar to CBDC though less automated 

Although it was total control, smart people eventually find a way to find ‘not allowed items’ which are paid with a premium. 
What I mess is that gold might be present but sold in black markets at premium. 

basic essentials in communism were satisfied well (it was not like North Korea) and you have food, energy, shelter and alcohol / cigarettes and entertainment…:) most people are ok for that ;) 

1 hour ago, papi1980 said:

smart people eventually find a way to find ‘not allowed items’ which are paid with a premium. 

Thats what im aiming at. buy it in bulk & store as I dont think the average person wont see it coming. 
Also amass lots of physical gold.

At the end of the day its about survival not profit - I have issues about this with regards to ethics. 
So as per below its a case of dealing with it and forgetting - I have a dozen bins with food in - in my garage etc. 
Water in the garden & some form of fuel/power / first aid is really the only thing in the UK you really need to think about. 

The elephant in the room is the probable fact that this forum will be targeted & they can probably infiltrate details. 😛 
If you have a fake account they can 
probably work out who you are with ai in time through posts, language ... with future tech. 

Me - I dont care anymore. my happiness is here and now - the future is what you think and put out there. 
Do I believe that - im struggling - but I have sold all my stocks and am kicking ass with positive thinking. 

Reading booking from the likes of Viktor Frakl has really put things into perspective for me. Im happy. Really happy actually as a result of the plan-demic. From the crazy shiite that I have seen from seeming normal people I know. I would not be commenting to my children at how lovely the sun looks today or appreciating the subtle manner at how much my wife despises & puts up with my masculine & to be fair discussing behaviours towards her without my previous knowing. :)

I could easily become Vicor and I think I would do better than my neighbour today who is self isolating for 11 days from a sore throat (and he was a vicar for many years - speaks volumes to me). its crazy times, but what I have leant from the markets is thats the time make the most of it and stand out & its the person that can go inside & create thier own world that prevails. only taken me 40 years.  ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

@HerefordBullyun CBDC's will be a horrid future.  I feel we are all being shoehorned in to a "Blockchain society system"  This will be a system of total accounting and total control, cash will be gone soon and I'm convinced they will introduce a UK CBDC in the form of UBI (Universal Basic Income) as most of the population would have been hammered into submission by crippling costs, it will be sold as a lifeline to help the population but once its adopted I can see it going down hill fast.   

It's not a case of having a digital currency the pound is effectively  a digital currency now, the CBDC will be a programmable currency, think about that for a moment programmable, this would mean the government has total control over your currency.  What would this look like?  They could introduce negative interest rates the longer you hold it forcing you to spend it before it becomes devalued to nothing,  they can control your movements by geofencing the currency once you go outside your allotted area your currency will stop working,  they could even control peoples diets drinking and smoking by stopping your currency working once you have had your alcohol units or too much fast food, or simply turn you off if you don't toe the line if you have opposing political or social views.

There will be no way around this system even gold as this needs to be converted back into a digital medium for you to spend it like we do now.   Once cash is gone they will own us all, and it looks like all Western governments are devaluing our currencies to nothing faster every generation.  They will hammer us all to the point where we are begging for a new finical system.  Brexit, Covid, War, the next thing they dream up and the next its all part of the same agenda by the controlling 1%

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

As long as all the Idiot's who Voted for this Corrupt Government,  and the Corrupt Politicians end up Poorer , I will be a bit more cheerful. The Civil Servants Pensions will be worthless, that is when the sh-t Hits the Fan !!!!!

6 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@HerefordBullyun CBDC's will be a horrid future.  I feel we are all being shoehorned in to a "Blockchain society system"  This will be a system of total accounting and total control, cash will be gone soon and I'm convinced they will introduce a UK CBDC in the form of UBI (Universal Basic Income) as most of the population would have been hammered into submission by crippling costs, it will be sold as a lifeline to help the population but once its adopted I can see it going down hill fast.   

It's not a case of having a digital currency the pound is effectively  a digital currency now, the CBDC will be a programmable currency, think about that for a moment programmable, this would mean the government has total control over your currency.  What would this look like?  They could introduce negative interest rates the longer you hold it forcing you to spend it before it becomes devalued to nothing,  they can control your movements by geofencing the currency once you go outside your allotted area your currency will stop working,  they could even control peoples diets drinking and smoking by stopping your currency working once you have had your alcohol units or too much fast food, or simply turn you off if you don't toe the line if you have opposing political or social views.

There will be no way around this system even gold as this needs to be converted back into a digital medium for you to spend it like we do now.   Once cash is gone they will own us all, and it looks like all Western governments are devaluing our currencies to nothing faster every generation.  They will hammer us all to the point where we are begging for a new finical system.  Brexit, Covid, War, the next thing they dream up and the next its all part of the same agenda by the controlling 1%

https://rumble.com/vxc0th-this-is-what-central-bank-digital-currency-could-mean-to-our-freedom-maajid.html

ive posted this in 3 different threads but i dont care how many times i do it. the word needs to go on the street!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use