• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Bars Seized

Darr3nG

1 hour ago, Darr3nG said:

Me...wish I was in that league,but unfortunately not my world 😢 

Also me.....must keep an eye on sales page,as maybe just maybe...

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

i really don't know why they don't get gold made into stuff. Have the gold made into tube for luggage frames. Spray painted and part of the luggage. Have the gold made into golf club heads. As long as the weight is not stupidly out of line with the weight you would expect for the piece how would it ever be detected?
When you have arrived wherever, it gets sold. Gold in India would likely go to make jewellery so would get melted down anyway. A load of metal bars are going to show up immediately - they will sniff them out and wet themselves when they see the gold. It will be confiscated as sure as eggs - they will make any s*** up to get their hands on it. 

Notice how they let the woman carry on with her journey. They aren't really bothered with the woman, not bothered about the 'crime' if there is one. They just want to steal the gold. Reminds me of Venezuelan gold in the BoE. Stolen.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

19 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Notice how they let the woman carry on with her journey. They aren't really bothered with the woman, not bothered about the 'crime' if there is one. They just want to steal the gold. Reminds me of Venezuelan gold in the BoE. Stolen.

I was about to state that. The NCA is out there protecting the elite.

20 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i really don't know why they don't get gold made into stuff

Bitcoin fixes this 😎

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

i really don't know why they don't get gold made into stuff. Have the gold made into tube for luggage frames. Spray painted and part of the luggage. Have the gold made into golf club heads. As long as the weight is not stupidly out of line with the weight you would expect for the piece how would it ever be detected?
When you have arrived wherever, it gets sold. Gold in India would likely go to make jewellery so would get melted down anyway. A load of metal bars are going to show up immediately - they will sniff them out and wet themselves when they see the gold. It will be confiscated as sure as eggs - they will make any s*** up to get their hands on it. 

Different densities show up different colours on the xray. Lead has a similar density to gold though so make it into shotgun cartridges or something and you'd be golden 🤔 

Jokes aside though... Confiscated gold but lady allowed to carry on... Yeah something not right there 

2 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Different densities show up different colours on the xray. Lead has a similar density to gold though so make it into shotgun cartridges or something and you'd be golden 🤔 

Jokes aside though... Confiscated gold but lady allowed to carry on... Yeah something not right there 

Shotgun cartridges would create even more trouble but fishing tackle - lead weights - there's a solution.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Quite.  Security at Lax on checking my bag X-ray asked to look at what they thought were “lead weights”.  They were a couple of Double Eagles.  They were totally disinterested when they saw they were gold coins. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

4 hours ago, Minimalist said:

I was about to state that. The NCA is out there protecting the elite.

Maybe, but probably more likely that they followed her and did the usual tap of her phone. Catching a courier is “chicken feed”, tracking her to her handlers is probably more worthwhile. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I transitted through Manila airport once and had to go through security check. I had a tube of newly minted 1oz silver Britannia and a small bag of silver coins both old and new in my hand luggage (as you do!).

The girl operating the x-ray machine stopped the conveyor belt and had a long stare at the monitor screen then promoted her male colleague to check my bag. He asked me what was inside my bag so I told him I had some coins. He was rather perplexed. But rather than show him the tube, I pulled out my small bag of coins all in capsules. He wasn't at all interested in my numismatics which were dark and toned. Instead, he had a long look at the shinny ones and was admiring at my silver pandas. 😅

When satisfied, he turned to girl operating the x-ray and shouted it's OK, they are coins. Needless to say, the girl had a funny look on her face and was rather perplexed too !  😂 

The chap then told me to be careful with my contents and wished me a nice day ! 😁

When you carry too much PMs through customs, you are just asking for trouble, regardless of whether the items in question was obtained legitimately or not.  

IMHO, the best way to transit gold through customs is via jewelry.   Ring, necklace, or bracelet.  Jewelry on a woman will not attract  as much attention as the equivalent amount in coins or bars.

Alternatively, be a rapper wannabe and dress like a thug with gold bling.  If you get pulled over, tell the customs agent you’re an aspiring rapper and you’re trying to look the part.  Then show them your YouTube rap videos.  Should get you through customs (I think). 😝😆

On 28/01/2022 at 02:35, Happypanda88 said:

I transitted through Manila airport once and had to go through security check. I had a tube of newly minted 1oz silver Britannia and a small bag of silver coins both old and new in my hand luggage (as you do!).

The girl operating the x-ray machine stopped the conveyor belt and had a long stare at the monitor screen then promoted her male colleague to check my bag. He asked me what was inside my bag so I told him I had some coins. He was rather perplexed. But rather than show him the tube, I pulled out my small bag of coins all in capsules. He wasn't at all interested in my numismatics which were dark and toned. Instead, he had a long look at the shinny ones and was admiring at my silver pandas. 😅

When satisfied, he turned to girl operating the x-ray and shouted it's OK, they are coins. Needless to say, the girl had a funny look on her face and was rather perplexed too !  😂 

The chap then told me to be careful with my contents and wished me a nice day ! 😁

Once at Manila airport I payed a cleaner 20GBP for access to the secret smokers's lounge. It turns out it's a Muslim foot-washing room and the cleaner just puts an out of order sign on the door while you chain as many as possible in the 5 minutes you get.

I am happy to say I have since quit smoking.