• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Umicore 1 kg Bars

JohnCLX

Hi everyone.

I have 4 Umicore 1 kilo 999 bars for sale.

I bought them from Bullion By Post in 2012.

I'll be sending them back to BBP shortly, but thought I'd offer them here first.

Asking price is £675 each, including postage (RM special delivery).

Payment by bank transfer or PayPal FF please. Paypal GS OK, if you want to pay the fee (3% I believe).

Happy to give my phone number to anyone who wants to chat first.

Many thanks.

John

thumbnail.jpeg

Both gentlemen are right.

BYP is offering about £578 per bar and you have postage fees on top. If it comes to it (not saying you should do the same) I would start an auction for one bar with a starting price of say £620 (again start with what you are comfortable) and see where we go from there. You can always offer the other bars at the closing price if the high bidder wanted the others. This is assuming you don't have a better buy back offer from BYP. All the very best!!

image.thumb.png.1d722dea1d038afca877d58981efb960.png

To get a decent price you should maybe consider sending out as you would to BBP with payment on delivery, horrible I know but realistic due to zero feedback.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

It really is an awkward one for the op.

Struggle to get sales with no feedback ( completely understandable) but probably thinking to himself...Well how the heck can I get feedback with no sales.

Maybe consider @ArgentSmith established members....he done the very same thing himself I believe. 

Try and dig out the original invoice if possible?

Possibly cut the price to £665 delivered and offer to cover the 3% G&S paypal fee.....you still clear £635 delivered? And now have the much needed high ticket items feedback for future endeavours.

Lastly try auction with your lowest acceptable amount as starting price....still think you will struggle for bids though as the reasons above don't really change.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

There is also the backyard bullion service aswell which can help put members minds at rest.

As a brand new member with no feedback £675 is a lot of money to send to someone. This is absolutely casting no aspersions on you or your character but I am sure you can understand the concerns,

32 minutes ago, James32 said:

It really is an awkward one for the op.

Struggle to get sales with no feedback ( completely understandable) but probably thinking to himself...Well how the heck can I get feedback with no sales.

Maybe consider @ArgentSmith established members....he done the very same thing himself I believe. 

Try and dig out the original invoice if possible?

Possibly cut the price to £665 delivered and offer to cover the 3% G&S paypal fee.....you still clear £635 delivered? And now have the much needed high ticket items feedback for future endeavours.

Lastly try auction with your lowest acceptable amount as starting price....still think you will struggle for bids though as the reasons above don't really change.

Thanks for your insights James.

I'd be happy to end up with £635 by doing it that way.

4 minutes ago, Fadeingstar said:

There is also the backyard bullion service aswell which can help put members minds at rest

The escrow type service? Yes, I'd do that. Thanks

Definitely a catch 22 situation John. For my first sale I split a tube of maples into 4 lots of 5 and 5 singles at a very good price and posted first prior to payment. In the end  I still achieved more than BBP buyback price and generated good positive feedback which helped in future sales. Wish you the best with your sale, you’re only a few bumps away from payday for most if you can wait that time

2 minutes ago, Agaumac said:

Definitely a catch 22 situation John. For my first sale I split a tube of maples into 4 lots of 5 and 5 singles at a very good price and posted first prior to payment. In the end  I still achieved more than BBP buyback price and generated good positive feedback which helped in future sales. Wish you the best with your sale, you’re only a few bumps away from payday for most if you can wait that time

Thanks for the info/advice!

27 minutes ago, JohnCLX said:

I'd be happy to end up with £635

Check inbox for alternative suggestions 😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

I think the idea of an auction might work. Starting price of what BBP would give you buyer to cover postage and so any bids you get are more money in your pocket which is a nice brucie bonus and your not paying the cost of postage which is a few more pennies in your pocket.

Just now, James32 said:

You saucy mare

LOL not me, I've got enough Silver for the minute... I can just read the room

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Well I can barely give mine away or I'd be making offers 

Thats because your Silver is rusty 😂

3 minutes ago, JohnCLX said:

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice. This is a great community! I've accepted an offer from a member who is local to me and we'll be meeting up to do the deal! Cheers, John

Brilliant to hear sir.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I assume you bought this at a high silver spot price as an investment, unless you bought in July ;)  
Silver should make new highs if it follows gold possibly this year, but certainly within 3-5 years.

Personally I would wait until spot it higher, over £24 / ounce, ideally £30. It got above £30 last year, but that was squeezed. 
I think thats possible this year, even just for a month, so if you time it properly you can get your money back or make a profit. 

£50 silver is not out of the question especially if social unrest, interest rates, recession/depression & inflation hits!

Unless you need the cash that is. :) 

Archived