• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

45 minutes ago, timsk said:

If you want one and can stomach paying an extra £30 - Crawley Coins have two in stock:

2023 British Monarchs – Henry VIII 2 Oz Silver Proof

£197 at ukgoldcoins, also two available 

https://ukgoldcoins.co.uk/product/king-henry-viii-british-monarchs-series-silver-proof-2-2oz-royal-mint-coin/

3 hours ago, Agaupl said:

2oz gone in 12 mins. Maybe this series ready does have good legs. 

Sold out and back in stock... Wonder how many are left? 

It can't be just account managers stock that has come back? It's just royal mint's tactics.

On 15/02/2023 at 11:17, timsk said:

Hi StackerBritt,

Mine arrived today too - and appears to have the same imperfection - assuming that's what it is? I question it as it strikes me as being improbable that two coins have the same issue. It's difficult to say with 100% certainty that the mark on my coin is identical to yours because it's very faint and, even, disappears altogether depending on the light and the angle one views the coin. One would need to see the two together to be completely certain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the marks are identical, then it's reasonable to assume that every coin minted will be the same? I'm still a newbie and may be talking bollox - I'm just thinking out loud! Anyway, I'll hold off returning mine until others have posted to say (on the 2oz) that their's is imperfection free.

I have the same faint mark.  This reverse side is definitely not proof (looks more matte), and it seems to be something in the minting.  Lots of these 2 oz. silvers have this issue.  Doesn't really bother me because I have no plans to have it graded, and the mark is faint. 

1 minute ago, Sharron said:

Get your wallets open again this Thursday for the next Great Engravers release! THE PETITION CROWN. I think I'm going to have to sell a few organs at this rate..🥺🥺🥺

Anyone wants to buy my kidney ? 

22 minutes ago, Sharron said:

Get your wallets open again this Thursday for the next Great Engravers release! THE PETITION CROWN. I think I'm going to have to sell a few organs at this rate..🥺🥺🥺

Where'd you hear that? If true, don't think it's wise for RM to keep scheduling these premium releases so close to one another but I suppose they'll know it'll sell out anyway!

Also they're probably getting these out the way before the inevitable slew of coronation commemoratives coming.

58 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

185A7DAF-A68D-478A-A010-6932BB78E5AF.png

Can't keep up with the releases....too many too fast.... I'm sure they sell out at Royal mint but due to their delayed delivery times, it looks like the flippers aren't buying anymore, there's always some stock of every release..... couple of years back, every coin of their releases were sold out. They need to slow down before the customers get bored of just opening their inboxes for new releases and delivery emails but not actually seeing the coin for a while.

5 minutes ago, AR03 said:

Can't keep up with the releases....too many too fast.... I'm sure they sell out at Royal mint but due to their delayed delivery times, it looks like the flippers aren't buying anymore, there's always some stock of every release..... couple of years back, every coin of their releases were sold out. They need to slow down before the customers get bored of just opening their inboxes for new releases and delivery emails but not actually seeing the coin for a while.

The mint has me constantly skint these days. I haven’t even looked at the last few releases because its just another endless collection to start. 

1 hour ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

I sign up for the email notifications - I don't get them!

I buy the coins on release day, - I don't get them. 

Praying for a nice example of a coin to turn up! - I don't get them!

But some how, they always end up with my money! When will I learn

Yep,in the same boat with their communication.The only reason I got two 2oz Charles I Proofs today was because I found this post.

My lesson learned for the RM on a two item order, if one item is in stock and one on ‘2 week back order (yeah sure)’ then buy separately. They have a policy of only shipping complete orders. I have four items held up because of this and money taken.

You all probably know this but worth mentioning for idiots like myself who didn’t.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

3 hours ago, dikefalos said:

So far I have never had any problems, everything has always been absolutely reliable. Communication, processing, shipping, everything has been great so far.

Are they on the forum?

Aaaahhh😉

8 hours ago, dikefalos said:

So far I have never had any problems, everything has always been absolutely reliable. Communication, processing, shipping, everything has been great so far.

You got someone on the inside lol

On 18/02/2023 at 17:49, timsk said:

Having seen BackyardBullion's latest unboxing video of Henry VIII - and his coin is perfect - I've packaged my coin to return to RM.

Henry_VIII.jpg

Just a quick update . . .

I've just received my replacement Henry VIII coin from the Royal Mint this morning and I'm happy to report that it looks perfect (to my eye). Hope everyone else who's asked for a replacement is equally happy.

Fingers crossed this is my one and only experience of poor quality control from the mint!

57 minutes ago, timsk said:

I've just received my replacement Henry VIII coin from the Royal Mint this morning and I'm happy to report that it looks perfect (to my eye). Hope everyone else who's asked for a replacement is equally happy.

Fingers crossed this is my one and only experience of poor quality control from the mint!

I received my refund for old Henry today! Looks like we're both happy!

1 hour ago, timsk said:

Not sent my back yet but still plan to, especially with your good news about your replacement.