• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

10 hours ago, JTerry3 said:

I too have exact same marks in same places. 🙄

Out of curiosity, what numbered edition out of 600 do other people have with these marks? I'm #113.

Mine's all packaged up and ready to be posted back to them and I don't recall the number, I'm afraid. I agree with Stu's comments above that it's unlikely that there's a direct correlation between the coin and CoA certificate. Perhaps @BackyardBullion can offer some insight into this as he's visited the Royal Mint quite recently.

3 minutes ago, timsk said:

Mine's all packaged up and ready to be posted back to them and I don't recall the number, I'm afraid. I agree with Stu's comments above that it's unlikely that there's a direct correlation between the coin and CoA certificate. Perhaps @BackyardBullion can offer some insight into this as he's visited the Royal Mint quite recently.

There are multiple packing stations for products and coins come off the presses and eventually make their way to the packaging area at different times. 

This leads me to believe there is no correlation between COA and when coins are struck. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

My 1oz silvers came today. One of them has a strange spot on it. At first I thought it was a milk spot or a contact mark.

On closer inspection, I’m not so sure. It looks circular in shape.
Has anyone else got this dot on the obverse? Unsure whether to return it? Im wondering whether it was made that way or post-production damage…

E5084156-6B18-4167-A0D7-E2F2A59D3B14.jpeg

5201D5DB-CFAE-4B28-8167-051053067C04.jpeg

F41247B5-5DB0-4747-B6FB-203AC4176F52.jpeg

B52C59CE-D313-4A49-BA47-CF5544EB142F.jpeg

Received today this 1Oz..

Actually I don't usually examine the coins "with microscope", but in this case it's just obvious how it is... Ugly

As I am not located in the UK, I doubt the RM will compensate for VAT and customs service charge I paid to DHL... 

IMG_20230221_195214.jpg

IMG_20230221_195414.jpg

I sent my 2oz back today. Just getting a refund. Its actually a pretty ugly coin, and the QC is non-existant. I was initially quite pleased to have got one of these, but it's just not worth the effort, so I'll keep the £200 and wait for the Coronation sovereign instead. The experience had proved a useful reminder why I don't like new RM proof silver.

2 hours ago, ak74 said:

Actually I don't usually examine the coins "with microscope", but in this case it's just obvious how it is... Ugly

As I am not located in the UK, I doubt the RM will compensate for VAT and customs service charge I paid to DHL... 

IMG_20230221_195214.jpg

IMG_20230221_195414.jpg

Firstly I hate DHL.

Secondly, I’ve lost on GST, Customs fees and DHL fees when I had to return for exchange some years back. I paid these twice! RM only compensated me for return shipping.

So you have my sympathy. ☹️

35 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Firstly I hate DHL.

Secondly, I’ve lost on GST, Customs fees and DHL fees when I had to return for exchange some years back. I paid these twice! RM only compensated me for return shipping.

Thanks a lot for that mate. Well, DHL is not so bad here in Austria (same country, as Australia, but w/o Kangaroos), DPD here is much worse. Although, maybe I say this because worked for DHL for some time 15 years ago. As actually they did lost a coin from an other UK dealer, and I lost a lot  money on that also. I will stick to buying from EU dealers from now on, I think. 

Today I received the 1 OZ. The good thing about them is that Henry VII no longer looks like the odd one of the series with a matte finish. A little bit of relief could have been nice. Really very weak strike, a pity. Only the nose stands out. With the temper Henry VIII is supposed to have had, I can't imagine that an engraver back then would have allowed himself such a joke.

16 hours ago, ak74 said:

IMG_20230221_195214.jpg

More to the point, why are the Mint sending out coins depicting Mikhail Gorbachev?

• 3 weeks later...

would also be nice if RM would not only sell them, but also ship them. I cancelled the Edward VII coins of 17.09.22, waiting over four months is too much even for me. Fortunately, the Monarchs are now also available from dealers in Europe.
I am still looking forward to it. I think it will be a fantastic collection. One of the most beautiful RM series. I'm curious to see which one they choose this time, Henry VIII hasn't really been that great.

15 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

The only equestrian portrait in the collection. Not sure if the design is known yet? I like this one - 

49B0BB17-02C1-4F19-A942-0DCD65C2C045.jpeg

That would be a great one.

11 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Actually, that fallen enemy under the horse, or whatever it is, looks quite creepy...

This time they could sell the milk spots as minted fog.

15 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

would also be nice if RM would not only sell them, but also ship them. I cancelled the Edward VII coins of 17.09.22, waiting over four months is too much even for me. Fortunately, the Monarchs are now also available from dealers in Europe.
I am still looking forward to it. I think it will be a fantastic collection. One of the most beautiful RM series. I'm curious to see which one they choose this time, Henry VIII hasn't really been that great.

That would be a great one.

This time they could sell the milk spots as minted fog.

Did you get a replacement for your cancelled coin? It's a shame their delays are so long that it takes the enjoyment away.

2 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Did you get a replacement for your cancelled coin? It's a shame their delays are so long that it takes the enjoyment away.

After more than four months, I cancelled my order with the mint, ordered them from a german dealer and received the coins two days later. Since the mint no longer ships with Royal Mail, there are also constant problems with customs here. So for now I'm cured of ordering directly from the mint.