• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

15 hours ago, StackerBritt said:

I doubt the entire montage will be affected.  Perhaps they were both made in the same batch before the die was cleaned?  

Aha, gotcha - hadn't thought of that!

On 15/02/2023 at 17:17, timsk said:

Hi StackerBritt,

Mine arrived today too - and appears to have the same imperfection - assuming that's what it is? I question it as it strikes me as being improbable that two coins have the same issue. It's difficult to say with 100% certainty that the mark on my coin is identical to yours because it's very faint and, even, disappears altogether depending on the light and the angle one views the coin. One would need to see the two together to be completely certain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the marks are identical, then it's reasonable to assume that every coin minted will be the same? I'm still a newbie and may be talking bollox - I'm just thinking out loud! Anyway, I'll hold off returning mine until others have posted to say (on the 2oz) that their's is imperfection free.

Same here, 2oz silver 

20230217_110736.thumb.jpg.91e8423a3e546e2ed84d4e87e709d998.jpg

Edited by NewCoins

2 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Same here, 2oz silver 

Are you returning yours NC and, if so, what will you say to the Royal Mint - assuring that's where you got the coin? Obviously, the it falls short of proof standard so, what I'm driving at is how do you describe the imperfection (is there a technical term for it?) and what reason(s) will you give for being unhappy about it and wanting/demanding a replacement? 

8 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have perfect coins, sorry to be that guy for once....

However, the design!

My thumbnail for later today....

oie_qPckNui3Wdhq.jpg

Yes these original portraits look a bit odd to us these days don't they, I think the trial of the Pyx seems to have upset my Alfred the Great he to have lobster hands and a prehensile penis...IMG_20230217_133810230.thumb.jpg.727610c1a490db5d38f9e893110e1481.jpg

3 hours ago, goldhunter said:

Just received my Henry VIII 2oz.

Has a scratch by Charles's nose

Having a problem with the Royal Mint return page, it does not recognize my order no/zip CODE, tried several times.

Anyone else had a problem

Yes same here you need to ring them and they will email you a return slip 

7 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Same here, 2oz silver 

20230217_110736.thumb.jpg.91e8423a3e546e2ed84d4e87e709d998.jpg

Mine arrived today, with the exact same marks, as well as numerous small issues with the frosting on the lettering around the coin. Ironically the obverse is stunning, no issues at all. I suppose I'll return it and see what happens...

5 hours ago, timsk said:

Are you returning yours NC and, if so, what will you say to the Royal Mint - assuring that's where you got the coin? Obviously, the it falls short of proof standard so, what I'm driving at is how do you describe the imperfection (is there a technical term for it?) and what reason(s) will you give for being unhappy about it and wanting/demanding a replacement? 

I will be returning it.

My technical term will be have your coin back and give me a refund please.

I have all if the British Monarchs coins so far (a few of some).

Will be putting them on flebay or similar. 

I just don't have the will to go through this with the rest of them. I might pick up a select few, but that's out trying to collect them all

Edited by NewCoins

5 minutes ago, timsk said:

Having seen BackyardBullion's latest unboxing video of Henry VIII - and his coin is perfect - I've packaged my coin to return to RM.

Henry_VIII.jpg

Mine has exactly the same marks. Ironically the KC side is perfect - is yours the same? Are you asking for a replacement or a refund?

8 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Mine has exactly the same marks. Ironically the KC side is perfect - is yours the same? Are you asking for a replacement or a refund?

Hi TSS,

Like you, the KC side looks perfect to my (inexperienced) eye.

I've asked for a replacement, as I'm collecting the whole series. If lots of people return their coins also wanting replacements - I wonder how this will work in practice. Does the RM produce more coins or do they have 'spare' coins in reserve - or do they have other options available to them? My fear is that they'll say they don't have any 'perfect' coins to replace my one with and that I can either have my coin back or a refund - neither of which I want!

17 minutes ago, timsk said:

Hi TSS,

Like you, the KC side looks perfect to my (inexperienced) eye.

I've asked for a replacement, as I'm collecting the whole series. If lots of people return their coins also wanting replacements - I wonder how this will work in practice. Does the RM produce more coins or do they have 'spare' coins in reserve - or do they have other options available to them? My fear is that they'll say they don't have any 'perfect' coins to replace my one with and that I can either have my coin back or a refund - neither of which I want!

They may make more. I'm pretty sure they have done this is the past. It looks like a fair amount of the 600 may not be great, so they really should in my opinion. I'm going to ask for a replacement too, but if that is also garbage I'll just get a refund reluctantly.

1 hour ago, timsk said:

If lots of people return their coins also wanting replacements - I wonder how this will work in practice.

Put em through the wash again!

Calgon or Cillit Bang should get those stains right out.

😁

Edited by SidS

On 16/02/2023 at 09:11, dikefalos said:

Now that's kind of funny. Today they send me out the 1 OZ Henry VIII silver, but i'm still waiting for my Edward VII coins. Close to 4 months now. 🥳

Still waiting for my 1 and 2 oz silver George coins from July! 
Actually, not anymore as I picked up graded versions in the secondary market, so have cancelled.

5 hours ago, JTerry3 said:

I too have exact same marks in same places. 🙄

Out of curiosity, what numbered edition out of 600 do other people have with these marks? I'm #113.

20230218_221634.thumb.jpg.c2b90c0602320d7bb0ae0a553f66c90a.jpg20230218_221921.thumb.jpg.c1ea88a6b41ef3a5624b8efe3b9a7e14.jpg

I wouldn’t put much store in what the COA number is, I doubt they do these in any sequence and just chuck a coin and a cert in a box. Even when buying multiples, COA tend to be non sequential.  That said, my coin was orientated correctly in the box on this one. Not sure if this was just by pure chance. 
I think this Henry is ok but you have to be looking at it from a certain angle( not straight on) My first coin with Charley boy on it also. Looked liked there was a scratch and he was smoking a fag at first. Turned out to be a bit of debris inside the cap.  , good old RM. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly