• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello!

Hello everyone.

I've been researching the best way to sell some silver.

I have four 1 kilo silver bars which I bought from Bullion By Post in 2012.

The description on the invoice is 'Umicore 1 Kilo Silver Bar Minted Bar 999.0'

I find that BBP will offer £541 each for these at the moment and that Ebay sellers seem to be getting about £700 - £740 (according to the 'Sold Items' listings).

I'm not willing to risk selling on Ebay though, due to the known scams associated with high value items.

So, the research which leads me here suggests a private sale is the way to go and that the selling price would be somewhere in between those mentioned above.

Any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John

PS Happy to add a photo, if appropriate.

• Founder & Administrator

Hello,

Welcome to TSF :) 

Please exclusively list items for sale in the forum’s trade section.

Please also make sure you have read the applicable Quickstart guide to trading as it contains useful and important information. 

UK QuickStart Guide
EU QuickStart Guide
USA & Canada QuickStart Guide

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Welcome John.

They should sell between £650 and £675 posted is my best guess.

However being new you will have to build up a certain level of trust in my humble opinion.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, James32 said:

Welcome John.

They should sell between £650 and £675 posted is my best guess.

However being new you will have to build up a certain level of trust in my humble opinion.

Thanks James. That's very helpful.

1 minute ago, JohnCLX said:

Thanks James. That's very helpful.

Very welcome. 

Have a good read through the new members quick start guide, alot of valuable info and tips.

And I wish you luck on your journey sir.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 hours ago, JohnCLX said:

Hello everyone.

I've been researching the best way to sell some silver.

I have four 1 kilo silver bars which I bought from Bullion By Post in 2012.

The description on the invoice is 'Umicore 1 Kilo Silver Bar Minted Bar 999.0'

I find that BBP will offer £541 each for these at the moment and that Ebay sellers seem to be getting about £700 - £740 (according to the 'Sold Items' listings).

I'm not willing to risk selling on Ebay though, due to the known scams associated with high value items.

So, the research which leads me here suggests a private sale is the way to go and that the selling price would be somewhere in between those mentioned above.

Any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John

PS Happy to add a photo, if appropriate.

I'd look at members prices on what they're asking and if they are getting sales but anything around £22.00 an ounce for silver is good and a kilo bar for under £700 will be under £22.00 per ounce if my calculations are right (had a couple of reds tonight) and at the end of the day its what you're happy with, low price means quick sale, too low and someone is getting a bargain off you.. don't sell to a dealer though... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

5 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I'd look at members prices on what they're asking and if they are getting sales but anything around £22.00 an ounce for silver is good and a kilo bar for under £700 will be under £22.00 per ounce if my calculations are right (had a couple of reds tonight) and at the end of the day its what you're happy with, low price means quick sale, too low and someone is getting a bargain off you.. don't sell to a dealer though... 

Thanks Gordy!

Hello! Welcome to the forum 🤗 

If your price is attractive enough then it should sell quickly. The members here love a bargain ! 

The only downside for you is that you are new to the forum and have yet to gain any reputation. So some members may well be cautious about sending you money before receiving the goods.

6 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Hello! Welcome to the forum 🤗 

If your price is attractive enough then it should sell quickly. The members here love a bargain ! 

The only downside for you is that you are new to the forum and have yet to gain any reputation. So some members may well be cautious about sending you money before receiving the goods.

Thanks Hp88. Would offering payment by Paypal reassure members, do you think?

5 hours ago, daca said:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks daca!

• 2 weeks later...