• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I Wouldn't Buy Silver

Junior

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Ran out of reactions🤣🤣 

Upgrade ya tight sod!😁

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Upgrade ya tight sod!😁

It's not that I've used the (40) or whatever I get, it's that they are very intermittent?? Can use some in morning then some at night 🤷‍♂️

Been like that a fair few months.

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Yes, my reaction time has started to slow down.

😎

🤣🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

24 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

100 ounce silver bars wanted. Any quantity, no limit!

not only, but also:

1000 ounce silver bars wanted. Any quantity, no limit!

😎

Well that's fine for you @LawrenceChard...u are a main dealer and could shift them without any problems but for us who are not in your league...alot more difficult so your any quantity wanted isn't really appropriate for us mere collectors..with respect.☹

26 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Well that's fine for you @LawrenceChard...u are a main dealer and could shift them without any problems but for us who are not in your league...alot more difficult so your any quantity wanted isn't really appropriate for us mere collectors..with respect.☹

I was simply trying to make a point in a mildly humorous way.

🙂

Chards

Just now, CANV said:

you put a 100 oz bar on here anywhere near spot it would gone in moment..... with a long trail of people whining that they hadn't seen it.......

True..but most sellers would like a decent % over spot after all we are all in it to make a profit..but guess it depends on what you mean near spot????

18 hours ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

True..but most sellers would like a decent % over spot after all we are all in it to make a profit..but guess it depends on what you mean near spot????

Indeed. A 100 oz Britannia on the RM website is 2300 smackers !    Ignoring our ever loved vat 

Edited by CANV

On 15/01/2022 at 01:13, Junior said:

LOL

This isn’t a post about me. This is a post about humanity. You can view it as each line having been said by one individual at some point in his/her life. Or you can view each section as being said by a different person each time.

Life is full of needs and desires. We all have both to varying degrees. Maybe some people live more within their means and focus purely on the necessities of life. Others may lack direction and spread themselves out over all their wants and desires.

However one spends their hard earned currency this much is true, you need to prioritize your goals so that you aren’t wasting your dollars. As you correctly pointed out, if the person paying $1500 a month rent was indeed the same person looking to buy a house for $1,000,000, then that person would clearly be wasting their dollars.

All these things have a cost to them. Just look and analyze the situation at hand. The goods gradually increase in price and people will pay what they have to for their wants and necessities to be fulfilled. Seems ludicrous to me that people are willing to pay increasingly high prices for all these things, but are unwilling to spend $30 on an ounce of silver. Especially when $30 is a bargain.

$30 isn't a bargain, $12 was a bargain, $4 was a bargain, $30 is a wish that it goes to $40 or $50, $30 isn't a bargain.

16 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Current prices are never a bargain no matter what year it is. A bargain is always cheaper than the current price. A bargain is only a bargain in hindsight.

Or a price at which you can make a profit....I used to buy eagles at $30 to sell at $38...after costs id be looking at $2 profit on each..that was a bargain.

Read this thread with interest, as a new stacker and new (ish) collector the simple reason I'm with silver is cost, much as I would love to be pumping spare money into stacking gold it would be very much a purchase every few months giving me a less versatile stack. By concentrating on silver I get the buying buzz more often, can afford spur of the moment purchase's if a deal presents itself and should I need to cash any out then yes a quick sale will undoubtedly cost me, but with time to sell I don't believe I will be massively out of pocket. 

Gold for now is the future, decent year with the day job that will hopefully change but covid has given my business a fair hit in the balance sheet. 

A

33 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Or a price at which you can make a profit....I used to buy eagles at $30 to sell at $38...after costs id be looking at $2 profit on each..that was a bargain.

As I said at the time, hindsight. When you bought the eagles, you did not know whether tomorrow's price would be higher, lower or the same. It was only after the sale and the profit was made did you consider the trade a bargain. Had the price fallen, then it would be less of a bargain. What I am saying is that buying at today's price, including UK VAT, may be a bargain, may not be a bargain. No one knows.

5 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

As I said at the time, hindsight. When you bought the eagles, you did not know whether tomorrow's price would be higher, lower or the same. It was only after the sale and the profit was made did you consider the trade a bargain. Had the price fallen, then it would be less of a bargain. What I am saying is that buying at today's price, including UK VAT, may be a bargain, may not be a bargain. No one knows.

To answer both questions when eagles were hitting $30 the first boom n bust people slowed down their buying, jt was getting too high and they didn't see them as bargains, I was just one of the thousands who saw it going to high too soon, not a genius play just listening to the general talk which is when the shops are selling you sell when they're buying youmbuy..how many large suppliers are advertising to buy silver right now?....so if they don't think it's wise why should you who hasn't been in the business for as long or inventing so much...next is knowing the sale before the buy, we'll I was buying 4 eaglesca time then selling them the same day, would go back a d buy another 4...it wasn't a high risk cos the worst I could be left with if the market died was 4 eagles..it was even worth selling at no profit to keep people coming to my ebay store...

Perhaps the intent of the original post has been lost these many days and these many comments through.

Bargain…, the word can mean many things to many people at many different times (past or present). I keep forgetting as a Canadian, I don’t pay VAT or any taxes on the sale or purchase of .999+ silver or gold. But we as Canadians do pay extremely higher prices on everything else. Hence the original post comparing $30 silver to the price of everything else. If you wish to ignore 98% of the post and just focus your view on $30 silver compared to any other price of silver, then count yourself lucky that those other prices of goods aren’t your misfortune.

Paying 30 CAD for an ounce of silver is a bargain when the price will rise much higher and a mistake when it will drop agin to much lower numbers.

In hindsight it's all easy but for speaking in the present, I would not call it a bargain at that price, also not underpriced but just the market price.