• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Calling the experts.

theman73

Hello everyone

Here you have a picture of what I think is worth than the metal weight.

Did they worth more then the weight?

If yes, how much? If how much is a nice amount, any taker?

Regards

Constantin20220113_140747.thumb.jpg.06bf487616c0c40c93f52ad8f69c8f3d.jpg

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

12 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

why not auction them?

Hi

I found them in a lot of 1143 g of pre 1947 coins.

If I put here on forum the lot won't sale with the amount I buying it.

Maybe I can recover my money selling like this? The last coin on the left is 1819...

Regards

Constantin

Edited by theman73

dancu.co.uk

41 minutes ago, frugalman said:

1925 half crown is a key date. 

4 hours ago, theman73 said:

Not sure I'd call myself an expert but these coins looks quite worn in general. I've bought somewhere north of 30kg of old silver coinage at melt price and below in various lots over the past year and most has been in better condition. A small fraction with similar wear and the odd holed coin but very few like I say on average better condition. 

Check whether any dates are particularly special in what you have (not something I've looked into yet personally so I don't know) 

As @ArgentSmith says you could auction the coins here on the forum. If you have a bottom price that you would take start the bidding at that figure or if not keen on an auction idea you could start a listing with the coins perhaps showing the total weight of pre 1920 and total weight of pre 1947 and list it for the price you want and let the market decide 👍🏽

5 hours ago, theman73 said:

Hello everyone

Here you have a picture of what I think is worth than the metal weight.

Did they worth more then the weight?

Regards

Constantin20220113_140747.thumb.jpg.06bf487616c0c40c93f52ad8f69c8f3d.jpg

In a auction I would bid up to £77. (That's not a bid tho). Unless you get £1 listings on eBay I would probably hang on to them as they are not the type of coin to quick flip. 

52 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

1925 half crown is a key date. 

One in poor condition has got to be worth a tenner posted but I cant really see the condition of yours. Or just sell as scrap with the rest of them as a small added bonus for the buyer.

My impartial estimated total for the lot would be £50-£70

9 minutes ago, frugalman said:

One in poor condition has got to be worth a tenner posted but I cant really see the condition of yours. 

A 50% half crown? I bought over 400 of them in December somewhere around £3.60 each here's a random selection of them for an idea of condition. I'd expect selling individually you might get a little more per coin or a small lot or if the condition is very good but like I said I don't know about key dates etc if they're Pre 1920 then 92.5% they'll be worth more than that as they have more silver in 

IMG_20211227_171832.jpg

1 hour ago, modofantasma said:

I've bought somewhere north of 30kg of old silver coinage at melt price and below in various lots over the past year and most has been in better condition.

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

A 50% half crown? I bought over 400 of them in December somewhere around £3.60 each here's a random selection of them for an idea of condition. I'd expect selling individually you might get a little more per coin or a small lot or if the condition is very good but like I said I don't know about key dates etc if they're Pre 1920 then 92.5% they'll be worth more than that as they have more silver in 

IMG_20211227_171832.jpg

On one hand you have the bullion buyers and sellers and on the other hand you have the numismatic buyers and sellers. Never the twain shall meet and all that lol. I buy as bullion :)

29 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

if they're Pre 1920 then 92.5% they'll be worth more than that as they have more silver in 

I agree by the numista spot prices, but Its hard to judge how much weight they have lost in wear.

I have a few 1925 as they are one of the key dates with mintage over a million. and i bought mine at pre 2019 spot prices so I leave you to it and hope a nice deal is struck.

28 minutes ago, frugalman said:

Modofantasma your secrets safe with me.  

Here is a bulk storage solution for your dry storage area while i think of it. Its a very old photo lol

Ideal for storage yes, with enough tape we can have a sword fight 🤣

Haha just scrolling up the quote function has got things a bit mixed up for some reason quoted you in above along with the OP. Hopefully it helps @theman73 too. Thanks for the tip on the 1925 👍🏽

OP, I noticed that the silver forum is primarily set up for bullion and proof coin collectors & dealers, IMO the 50% don't really fit into either category but are treated by some members as bullion (myself included when buying). Which is understandable because they can be stacked up just like some 925 and most .999

Numismatic ADVICE and clear photos of the 1925 would be more suited on this occasion, as you ask for information above any bullion value. 

Hope this helps.

Regards.

The most frugal person that I know "ME"

Edited by frugalman

55 minutes ago, frugalman said:

OP, I noticed that the silver forum is primarily set up for bullion and proof coin collectors & dealers, IMO the 50% don't really fit into either category but are treated by some members as bullion. Which is understandable because they can be stacked up just like some 925 and most .999

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Yes we do all sorts here :)

3 hours ago, frugalman said:

That's great, then my only other advise to the OP (after 10 hours and 250 views after posting on the silver forum) would be to never ask for advise during a sale lol. :)

Page 1. of flogging stuff

Thank you

I won't sell it here

Regards

Constantin

dancu.co.uk

9 hours ago, theman73 said:

I won't sell it here

It doesn't matter where you sell your coins, you should do your own research first.

Most coins have the basic info that you require printed on them. 

Numista (a great site for mintage numbers and basic info) have kindly amended the price of them 1925 half crowns in poor condition for me ;)

Take care.

1 hour ago, Bigmarc said:

Why? I could spend hours looking for information when someone on here can answer in seconds. 

Or vice versa         

Hey google....Example; 1925 half crown (then add) numista. = 3 seconds

Hey ebay....Example; 1925 half crown = about a minute. 

Hey SF....Example 1925; half crown = Timeless and literally priceless sometimes (see above) :)

That's what I love about the forums.

Anyway I'll get my coat.

4 minutes ago, frugalman said:

Anyway I'll get my coat

No need. I have a underlying issue with people saying do your own research in relation to crypto when 99% of people haven't a clue what's going on. To be honest I have been collecting silver before the age of the internet and have forgotten what it's like to be a newbie. Ignore me and carry on.😁

2 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Ignore me and carry on.

No mark but its me, I even sound like i'm dissing and moaning all of the time, even at much of the numismatic practices today.

I had a long break away from any kind of digital technology and now I just feel like i'm treading on peoples business with every word that I say these days. So I thought I would do a (FREE) Google open university course on digital marketing in order to see exactly what is going on and what has changed. And do you know what...I got a bit of the ol HG WELLS itchy feet.  Hope I have inspired at least one new collector in my ultimate quest for knowledge. See you in another 10 years..  :) 

Thanks.