• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I'm wrong?

theman73

Hello

I'm wrong or everybody panicked and start selling their gold?

The first page of the Silver forum (ungraded) right now at 12:15 is full of gold for sale, I mean not a single silver for sale, only gold.

Should I start panic mode and start the gold what I don't have?

Regards

Constantin

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

No it's normal for gold to be available for sale ( some need cash after Christmas) some have seen another coin they want??

Gold and silver should be viewed as a long term hold ( doesn't really suit the nervous type)

Price is on a slow climb currently ( although that could change any minute)  I see now as a buying opportunity personally but none of what I say should be taken as financial advice. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

58 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Hello

The first page of the Silver forum (ungraded) right now at 12:15 is full of gold for sale, I mean not a single silver for sale, only gold.

Regards

Constantin

There are always people selling on the forum. If the for sale items are selling someone must be buying.
It may be people selling to pay Christmas bills. i discussed with another member some months ago and we agreed we would expect more sales - people who aren't getting as much income as they would otherwise have got in the pre-COVID era.
i agree there seems to be more sales than usual but i really do not think it is anything to do with the price of gold about to crash. There were letters went out from Swiss refineries only today to say their output would be less as there are so many people off work they cannot run at normal capacity. So physical supply is tight.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, theman73 said:

Hello

Regards

Constantin

Maybe everyone is getting rid of that nasty gold to buy more silver? 🤔 

Jokes aside, I don't see any reason to panic sell anything. I just had a scroll through a couple of pages and there's both silver and gold on here for sale. 

I sell items from time to time that don't fit my stack just to keep up some feedback so that if/when I do want to sell I'm not starting from nowhere. Any metals I do sell goes to buying more metals usually and I still add additional money to buy metals so the stack is growing too. 

I'm sure someone else will join us 😁

Also another point perhaps... People who have been buying silver for a few years and especially pre 2021 in the UK are potentially more likely to hang on to that silver and sell gold now if cash is needed as gold can be bought back at low % premium whereas silver is likely to cost them a lot more to get hold of now 

Having just received a quote for gas and electricity I might be forced in to trading PMs for heating later this year.
I really don't understand the government's price cap which only applies to standard variable rate tariffs.
Most of us I assume will have fixed price annual contracts.
My gas increase will be 400% and electricity 250% if I continue so I am defaulting to standard variable which I assume will be significantly cheaper and of course the energy providers don't want you on this tariff because many are losing money but 400% !!!  ----  W.T.F. !!!

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Having just received a quote for gas and electricity I might be forced in to trading PMs for heating later this year.
I really don't understand the government's price cap which only applies to standard variable rate tariffs.
My gas increase will be 400% and electricity 250% if I continue so I am defaulting to standard variable which I assume will be significantly cheaper and of course the energy providers don't want you on this tariff because many are losing money but 400% !!!  ----  W.T.F. !!!

Well, the nice thing is that there are no reason for this 400% increase.

But someone must pay for government mistakes and usually is the ordinary citizens. 

Regards 

dancu.co.uk

15 hours ago, theman73 said:

But still there is a ... on a silver forum everybody sell gold.

I guess it's called The Silver Forum because of the silver buying iniatives that took place in times long forgotten...

It's also smoother than The Precious Metals Forum...

😊 (Service Smiley)

Edited by KevinFlynn

16 hours ago, theman73 said:

But still there is a ... on a silver forum everybody sell gold.

Anyway, is not affecting me having no gold at all.

What I would do to fix your worries is just send me all your silver for free as you don't have any gold. Then you won't have to worry about any of it going forwards. 

I won't even charge you storage.😁

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

What I would do to fix your worries is just send me all your silver for free as you don't have any gold. Then you won't have to worry about any of it going forwards. 

I won't even charge you storage.😁

Parcel packed, on my way to the Post Office.

dancu.co.uk

On 11/01/2022 at 15:58, Pete said:

Start the ‘gas forum’.  Start stacking Butane.     You could advertise it by saying , you could make a bomb,   Literally 

2 hours ago, CANV said:

Start the ‘gas forum’.  Start stacking Butane.     You could advertise it by saying , you could make a bomb,   Literally 

Better off with LPG as it works well in the winter ;)

On 11/01/2022 at 15:58, Pete said:

The price cap only applied to standard variable tariffs (SVT's) as historically these were the companies 'default tariffs' that customers would be placed on if they actively didn't manage their tariff. As as consequence, in the event you moved on a SVT you had a bit of protection from excessive prices. The cap wasn't required for fixed tariffs as this was the market companies would compete in to obtain your service. Albeit the competitive pricing of fixed tariffs was offset by charging SVT customers more. Although the companies are now unhappy with the price cap and it being restrictive for their pricing. Its worth remembering that this cap was only forced upon companies becasue they were overcharging consumers for years. It feels poetic that they now reap what the sow.

21 minutes ago, SilverAg said:

It feels poetic that they now reap what the sow.

This type of sow?😁

image.png.224b043eda7fcb1fc4a123cffdfafdbc.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454