• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

100oz Una & The Lion Silver Bar

MJCOIN

Probably not the best time to sell in my humble opinion ( due to drop in spot)

Personally I'd hold out for more favourable conditions but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say somewhere north of £2450 in the current climate. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

@MJCOIN I'd say a fair price for it at this exact moment in time would be around £2700 I base that on the 100 oz Britannia bar being worth £2550-£2600 in the current market. The Una & lion 100oz bar has a mintage of only 1200 & is not for sale anywhere that I can see. Although the 100 oz bars have a smaller market I still believe it will command more than a comparable Britannia bar which again is more desirable than most modern minted bars.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

The last one to sell on the forum was for £2,475.00, by Arshimo - to augment what others have said above.

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

I don’t suppose there’s any news on more engravers bars to come? You’d think the three graces would be perfect for it.
If it did come out, maybe the price of the una bars would rise? That said, there are so many releases for RM right now, maybe this one is on the back burner for a while?

2 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

I don’t suppose there’s any news on more engravers bars to come? You’d think the three graces would be perfect for it.
If it did come out, maybe the price of the una bars would rise? That said, there are so many releases for RM right now, maybe this one is on the back burner for a while?

When the Una & Lion bars were released RM stated they were the 1st of a 3 part series so something & it would make sense to me that 3 graces would follow Una & Lion. But it seems  they are very short on anything under a Kilo at the moment. 

I would hang on to it, unless you really need the funds. looking it up is really low mintage. the 10 oz bars are going for £300+ on eBay auctions, £400 buy it now & there was 6100 mintage worldwide.

Auction

Una & the Lion 10 oz Silver Bar. Royal Mint great engravers series una and lion | eBay

Buy it now

Una & the Lion 10 oz Silver Bar. Royal Mint great engravers series una and lion | eBay

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2022 at 17:48, motorbikez said:

@MJCOIN I'd say a fair price for it at this exact moment in time would be around £2700 I base that on the 100 oz Britannia bar being worth £2550-£2600 in the current market. The Una & lion 100oz bar has a mintage of only 1200 & is not for sale anywhere that I can see. Although the 100 oz bars have a smaller market I still believe it will command more than a comparable Britannia bar which again is more desirable than most modern minted bars.

I saw elsewhere on the net someone say what you said about the mintage being 1200, but on the RM site it says 1020. I hope it is the lower figure, as I have a few of these beautiful bricks; https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-bars/archived-bars/una-the-lion-100oz-silver-bar-minted/

Edited by 20JMK20
Forgot to add the link.

2 minutes ago, 20JMK20 said:

I saw elsewhere on the net someone say what you said about the mintage being 1200, but on the RM site it says 1020. I hope it is the lower figure, as I have a few of these beautiful bricks; https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-bars/archived-bars/una-the-lion-100oz-silver-bar-minted/

How many is a few 😊

10 hours ago, 20JMK20 said:

Yeah that's interesting, RM website at the time definitely stated 1200 mintage for the 100oz bar, all I can think of is that they made a mistake at the time & have corrected it to 1020.

• 3 weeks later...

My 100 oz Silver Una Bars that are keeping me warm ;) Well, I might need to sell one or two of them due to a potential change in circumstances (sale of a property I was going to buy falling through and buying a more expensive one). I'd be happy to sell for what I paid for it; £2,950 excluding postage and packaging costs. I wanted to hold on to my stash, but maybe I will have to sell some.

Whilst I am here, how do we leave/get feedback on here? I sold a few coins on here several months ago and I don't seem to have received feedback for those transactions. 

Cheers. 

2 hours ago, 20JMK20 said:

My 100 oz Silver Una Bars that are keeping me warm ;) Well, I might need to sell one or two of them due to a potential change in circumstances (sale of a property I was going to buy falling through and buying a more expensive one). I'd be happy to sell for what I paid for it; £2,950 excluding postage and packaging costs. I wanted to hold on to my stash, but maybe I will have to sell some.

Whilst I am here, how do we leave/get feedback on here? I sold a few coins on here several months ago and I don't seem to have received feedback for those transactions. 

Cheers. 

PM the buyers, most folks are happy to do feedback when asked. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

4 hours ago, 20JMK20 said:

Cheers. 

£2450 is what the last one on here sold for, I think you will struggle to get the price you paid on here imho.

You may want to wait until spot price is a fair bit higher, but if you need the money now then it's sell at a loss or liquidate something else. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, 20JMK20 said:

I wonder what a fair price would be today for the 100 oz Una and the Lion Silver Bar (5th April 2023) with spot price currently at £20.01...

Saw a Baird 100 Oz go on here at 2250 yesterday if I remember correctly

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/75722-monster-size-silver-bars/#comment-853704