• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Thoughts on the 70th Platinum series?

Nothing grabbed me personally...I'd be careful with many of these myself and make sure you know what you're doing if after an investment, I suspect some of these coins will only make sense for certain collectors.

There is already the Sovereign, a Strike on the Day to come...who knows what else?

Also, I find the lack of posts on these by some of the more seasoned members of he forum quite telling (possibly).

Happy to miss to miss out personally rather than make a mistake.

All IMVHO :)

Edited by kimchi

37 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

I think its an occasion in Royal history that we will never see again in our lifetime.  I think these coins are a great investment....not immediately but in the future..handed down to family...one day the rewards will be reaped...

Absolutely it is!

The 1977 Jubilee was too (we will never see another one for a Queen, none of us), have you been buying any of those commemoratives? What are your thoughts on what they go for?

12 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Absolutely it is!

The 1977 Jubilee was too (we will never see another one for a Queen, none of us), have you been buying any of those commemoratives? What are your thoughts on what they go for?

I bought a couple because of the uniqness of this event....I've seen the flippers chancing their arms on ebay for a few hundred pounds above their issue price but I believe its a long term investment until they realise their true worth and value....Keepers!!!

2 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

I bought a couple because of the uniqness of this event....I've seen the flippers chancing their arms on ebay for a few hundred pounds above their issue price but I believe its a long term investment until they realise their true worth and value....Keepers!!!

On what basis? You seem to dodge the question about 1977s (?). How about more recently then, 2012 and 2017?

Edited by kimchi

27 minutes ago, kimchi said:

On what basis? You seem to dodge the question about 1977s (?). How about more recently then, 2012 and 2017?

Sorry not dodging any questions...I have a couple of 1977 Cupronickel coins handed down..I've been collecting for 5 years...compared to you andost on here I'm not that experienced but learning....leaving aside what I buy..I thought the Platinum jubilee releases were a good investment.

Must admit I was surprised at the amount of different varthere would be but as its a special occasion the RM are going to milk it 100%. I can't afford to buy everything on sale so decided to buy what I liked...wish I had the money to  buy all the varieties but not in my budget lol..

14 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Sorry not dodging any questions...I have a couple of 1977 Cupronickel coins handed down..I've been collecting for 5 years...compared to you andost on here I'm not that experienced but learning....leaving aside what I buy..I thought the Platinum jubilee releases were a good investment.

Must admit I was surprised at the amount of different varthere would be but as its a special occasion the RM are going to milk it 100%. I can't afford to buy everything on sale so decided to buy what I liked...wish I had the money to  buy all the varieties but not in my budget lol..

Fair enough, thanks for the reply! :)

I'm not more experienced with these at all, apart from the one 2017 I bought was a flop, but this is a rather different occasion as you rightly point out. Whether that's enough I don't know...hence my questions! They are the sort of questions I think one should have an idea on before spending lots of money, but maybe that's just me (?).

We have the special Sovereign, we have a Strike on the Day, I'm wary of these other issues...

41 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Fair enough, thanks for the reply! :)

I'm not more experienced with these at all, apart from the one 2017 I bought was a flop, but this is a rather different occasion as you rightly point out. Whether that's enough I don't know...hence my questions! They are the sort of questions I think one should have an idea on before spending lots of money, but maybe that's just me (?).

We have the special Sovereign, we have a Strike on the Day, I'm wary of these other issues...

Too many imo..can't buy them all unless of course you have the money..I just go with my gut and buy what I like....🙂 and can afford at the time......