• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Platinum 50p's

This image from the 2022 Annual sets thread seems to suggest the 50p will be issued in silver, gold and platinum in both standard and piedfort versions. 

4CE42108-3C86-4141-947E-BCC74B687975.jpeg

Not to sure of the validity of this though, as the OP states it was from a Facebook group... So make of it what you will but it does seem likely they would be, as all other 50p releases are normally issued in silver and gold as standard.

Edited by Deathace

Did anyone get the email from RM about scheduled maintenance tomorrow between 08:00 and 09:00?

sounds strange when there's a coin release! 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

8 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Did anyone get the email from RM about scheduled maintenance tomorrow between 08:00 and 09:00?

sounds strange when there's a coin release! 

No, i didn't, but it sounds weird if it's scheduled like this.

21 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Yes I got that email but have now joined the Queue for the new release 👍

good luck, what number were you put in at? i went in at 08:00 on the dot and when it opened i was something like 3800 in the queue 😲

2 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Joined just before 10 and was about 10200 in the Queue now at 500 

😭mind boggling...

58 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Managed to bag a gold jubilee 50p from the mint and 2x 1oz silver £5 coins

was there 1oz silver ones there? they aren't showing as even being 'not available'

20 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

The 5oz seems to be a nice one to have..only 700 mintage...now going on ebay for £895......

they'll probably get it too

3 minutes ago, Gordy said:

was there 1oz silver ones there? they aren't showing as even being 'not available'

There was 1oz silver £5 coins at about 10:00. Couldn't tell you how many but I nearly had 3 but put one back and picked up the gold 50p

3 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Do you think they are worth that price?? I can see them coming down in price in a few weeks when they don't sell like Gothic Crown silver coin..I've seen the sellers on ebay  lowering their prices because they didn't get their initial over the top prices? ..

2 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Do you think they are worth that price?? I can see them coming down in price in a few weeks when they don't sell like Gothic Crown silver coin..I've seen the sellers on ebay  lowering their prices because they didn't get their initial over the top prices? ..

Gotta give them time. Might take a while but I think they could be a good one for the future. 

10 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Gotta give them time. Might take a while but I think they could be a good one for the future. 

I personally prefer the reverse design on the Piedfort...if that had been on the 5oz I probably would have been tempted...but everytime a new Silver coin gets released.. I get that big niggle at the back of my mind.....receiving it with spotting 🙄🙄

21 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

There was 1oz silver £5 coins at about 10:00. Couldn't tell you how many but I nearly had 3 but put one back and picked up the gold 50p

thats where i'm confused as usually the 1oz ones are £2.00 and the 2oz ones are £5.00 demonination

7 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

I personally prefer the reverse design on the Piedfort...if that had been on the 5oz I probably would have been tempted...but everytime a new Silver coin gets released.. I get that big niggle at the back of my mind.....receiving it with spotting 🙄🙄

That's one of the things eating away at me with the Tudor beasts.... 

12 minutes ago, Gordy said:

thats where i'm confused as usually the 1oz ones are £2.00 and the 2oz ones are £5.00 demonination

I see what you're saying but they're calling them £5 coins .... I guess it's a one off for a one off occasion. Does that make them more unique in the future?

Edited by Mtaybar

Exactly... everytime I've bought silver coins from the RM I think what condition are they going to be in 6 months,a year etc down the line..I turned direction and buy gold..when I can afford it..I've passed up some beautiful silver coins in the last few years just because I don't want to see my coins starting to spot....