• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Just on the phone to cancel. Been on hold for ages. Just hung up on your say so ;)

Will see what I feel when it arrives. I just feel a little hoodwinked.

I think that and I have so many orders waiting to be dispatched.

4 orders for 6 different coins/sets.

I definitely need to stop spending!

Yeah completely understandable and don't get me wrong - I'm still personally very nervous of this one. I think if that £5 is truly limited to the set only it'll be worth while. If it arrives and the maximm mintage shows that they'll be releasing more later in the year it'll be going back. It does annoy me greatly that they omit maximum coin mintages from the specs of coin sets like this. Really is information that should be freely available so we can make an informed decision on whether something actually may be worth while or not.

I really wanted the platinum 50p but it was gone in the blink of an eye (even before they changed the limited edition quantity from 70 to 50) so I ended up getting the platinum 1oz instead just because it's platinum and now I'm really wondering if that was sensible or not!

Managed to get a 2oz, 5oz & 10oz Silver. How well do you all think these will do? 
Doesn’t make up for missing out on the Gothics (have bought/traded from individuals since) 

6 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Just to note i almost pounced on this, then noticed they are BULLION. Can be picked up for much less without the box! 

sure.. but this is coin collecting.. and a nice box, and bumpf from the royal mint, limited ed set.. makes it more fun, and collectable.. ?!

I'm just pleased I resisted the urge to buy all the gold option, added everything in stock to the basket. .. my basket got up to £12k at one point! -!

Having said I would not set my alarm clock for the Royal Mint's release day today, I did do, and looked at about 8.00, when the new release page opened there were about 4000 in the queue.

I looked through the range when I got in, but just went back to lack at a few more items, and my new tabs should about 8000+ in the queue.

Why's it getting longer?

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That's a very good piece of research and info sharing1

🙂

Well, I try 🙂

Missed a few of the coins off the list as they just werent on my radar - to be fair some of the others not listed all sold out pretty much instantly too!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

My takings for today are 

2 x 2oz silver and the SOTD sovereign among over bits. 

Dose anybody know if you where able to buy multiple of the same coin? I'm worried my order will be cancelled for being greedy and ordering 2 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Just now, Chrispringle85 said:

My takings for today are 

Dose anybody know if you where able to buy multiple of the same coin? I'm worried my order will be cancelled for being greedy and ordering 2 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Were you able to order the SOTD sovereign today?

2 minutes ago, Chrispringle85 said:

My takings for today are 

I ordered 2 of the 2oz as well as didn't see a limit - I expect it'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Were you able to order the SOTD sovereign today?

I posted a page or two back sharing a receipt from Coin Connection. They listed their allocation for sale today so I suggested people wanting a stress free purchase get on it.

4 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

sure.. but this is coin collecting.. and a nice box, and bumpf from the royal mint, limited ed set.. makes it more fun, and collectable.. ?!

I'm just pleased I resisted the urge to buy all the gold option, added everything in stock to the basket. .. my basket got up to £12k at one point! -!

You can get these for around £1100. So £700 for a box? Seem's steep to me personally when they are bullion. 

78av.gif

2 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

What is the difference between the  2oz Silver Proof and the Piedfort proof? 

2 oz silver proof is 2 oz of 999 fine

Piedfort is 56.56 grams of 925 (sterling silver) which is about 1.68 ozt of silver. It also has a different edge. 

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I ordered 2 of the 2oz as well as didn't see a limit - I expect it'll be fine.

I posted a page or two back sharing a receipt from Coin Connection. They listed their allocation for sale today so I suggested people wanting a stress free purchase get on it.

Thank you very much sir 

I'm in! So it looks like the piedfort is smaller and lighter (56.56 g and 38.61mm) vs the 2 oz (62.42g and 40mm). 2 ozer's are gone, i do like the edge on the piedfort, but not enough to take a punt on it. 

image.png.127d4d7f5e256782e7d8ad9c8e32f489.png