• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newbie looking to not be a victim 😊

Hi, new to this type of investment but it has been at the back of my mind for some time as a way of protecting savings in more uncertain times which we seem to be heading for possibly. 

Hoping to gain some insight and maybe trade with some of you, if I can help with advice in my fields of expertise I would be happy to help. 

Hope you have had a great Christmas /Yule and a happy, healthy 2022 and beyond 👍🙏

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Welcome Griffo, plenty to drink her from the cup of the horn of knowledge. Loads of due dilgence here. Ive drunk loads but normally drunk too much offering the opposite sex my horn of plenty, but when you are as ugly as me - its a rare facet and my horrn is like an acorn.  

Best place to learn about PM's and other investements, not financial advice etc.

I hope you have a wealthy good stacking new year and I would recommend membership, depending on your stacking goals. :)

Best bully 🐮💪

Edited by HerefordBullyun

20 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Hi, new to this type of investment but it has been at the back of my mind for some time as a way of protecting savings in more uncertain times which we seem to be heading for possibly. 

Hoping to gain some insight and maybe trade with some of you, if I can help with advice in my fields of expertise I would be happy to help. 

Hope you have had a great Christmas /Yule and a happy, healthy 2022 and beyond 👍🙏

Welcome to the forum, like @HerefordBullyun said; Plenty of knowledge on this forum!

31 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Welcome Griffo, plenty to drink her from the cup of the horn of knowledge. Loads of due dilgence here. Ive drunk loads but normally drunk too much offering the opposite sex my horn of plenty, but when you are as ugly as me - its a rare facet and my horrn is like an acorn.  

Best place to learn about PM's and other investements, not financial advice etc.

I hope you have a wealthy good stacking new year and I would recommend membership, depending on your stacking goals. :)

Best bully 🐮💪

42 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

35 minutes ago, Smiler999 said:

Welcome to the forum

22 minutes ago, Jvw said:

Welcome to the forum, like @HerefordBullyun said; Plenty of knowledge on this forum!

10 minutes ago, Agaumac said:

Welcome Griffo, detailed trading guide link above well worth a read

Thank you for the welcomes 🙏👍

As someone hoping to become part of this community it was sad to see the link above dissapear within minutes of me posting my introduction, it sends alarm bells on what to trust and whether it's all about subscriptions or actual investors looking to invest within this community or do you need to pay to play? 

It will be interesting to see the responses and the timing to see how many people are active here. 

7 minutes ago, Griffo said:

As someone hoping to become part of this community it was sad to see the link above dissapear within minutes of me posting my introduction, it sends alarm bells on what to trust and whether it's all about subscriptions or actual investors looking to invest within this community or do you need to pay to play? 

That’s just to stop new spam users from joining and spamming the forum. We keep TSF tidy and free from spam. Not sure why that would send alarm bells, as also mentioned to you in response to your questions in a private message, you are welcome to use the forum as a standard free member. 

Please spend some time and read around the different topics on the forum and note the dealers on the forum and do your research. TSF is a professionally ran business, and there are many advantages for members being part of TSF. Again please first spend some time reading the different topics on the forum.

Also note that you started your welcome message on a Boxing Day bank holiday in the U.K. I am sure that many people are spending their time with their families so you may not get instant responses to questions, please be patient.

If you have any further questions please send me a private message. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

49 minutes ago, Griffo said:

As someone hoping to become part of this community it was sad to see the link above disappear within minutes of me posting my introduction, it sends alarm bells on what to trust and whether it's all about subscriptions or actual investors looking to invest within this community or do you need to pay to play? 

It will be interesting to see the responses and the timing to see how many people are active here. 

What link was that? - describe rather than post.
There are advantages to becoming a paid member - there are some areas you cannot otherwise access, you have more private messaging capacity, you can see the items that are put up for sale as soon as they are advertised. However there is plenty accessible with the basic membership. Certainly if you intend to buy coins / bars in any reasonable amounts it would be worthwhile picking up a paid membership. You will generally find keen prices and you won't become a victim of the scammers on ebay.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

@Griffo just click on the 'opt-out of account verification' if you do not want to set up two factor authentication on your account. Or you can set it up by following the instructions in the topic below:

Again if you need account support please private message me, I can't read every post on the forum and may have missed your question if just posted somewhere on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers

This is the only forum I’ve had the option of 2fa and yes I would recommend it. All I had to do was download a little app on the phone. With the amount of cybershit going on at the moment and what we are possibly spending with fellow members and hence our pm’s it’s a no brainier.

On 28/12/2021 at 17:20, Griffo said:

Firstly welcome aboard.....plenty of room for another collecter/investor /stacker.

Do you have to pay to play??? Short answer no.

More detailed answer is no too lol.

Seriously though take your time to look around and learn the workings of the forum but I can practically guarantee that you will eventually opt for a membership.

For £5.99 minimum per month you will get access to sales as soon as they are posted ( otherwise 3 day wait) and free giveaways, and even if you only purchase one or two items a month...the savings on here compared to dealers will pay for your membership ( sometimes tenfold if making bigger purchases)

Can only speak from personal experience but in the year I've been on here I've never once been asked to buy anything or coerced in any way.

I've learned so much from better minds and had some excellent chats and buying/selling experiences.

Anyway Best of luck on your journey but maybe slow down and allow yourself time to make an informed decision whether this is the place for you 🙂

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 hours ago, James32 said:

Firstly welcome aboard.....plenty of room for another collecter/investor /stacker.

Do you have to pay to play??? Short answer no.

More detailed answer is no too lol.

Seriously though take your time to look around and learn the workings of the forum but I can practically guarantee that you will eventually opt for a membership.

For £5.99 minimum per month you will get access to sales as soon as they are posted ( otherwise 3 day wait) and free giveaways, and even if you only purchase one or two items a month...the savings on here compared to dealers will pay for your membership ( sometimes tenfold if making bigger purchases)

Can only speak from personal experience but in the year I've been on here I've never once been asked to buy anything or coerced in any way.

I've learned so much from better minds and had some excellent chats and buying/selling experiences.

Anyway Best of luck on your journey but maybe slow down and allow yourself time to make an informed decision whether this is the place for you 🙂

Thanks for the advice, I am already a member, just had a few misgivings initially after being scammed earlier last year, generally found everyone super helpful and glad I found this place :)

5 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Thanks for the advice, I am already a member, just had a few misgivings initially after being scammed earlier last year, generally found everyone super helpful and glad I found this place :)

Its highly unlikey you wont get ripped off here. People look after each other here, and customer reputation counts, with trading feedback and members get banned quickly if complaints are made to admins if found being dishonest,