• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Christmas Charity Auction - RNLI

AndrewSL76

Good afternoon, The Silver Forum!

I bought one of the @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer mystery boxes in a bid to win a Sovereign! Whilst I didn’t win one, I did get a box full of goodies including a calendar, travel cup and collectors’ coin’s 2022 book!! 

The coins in the box don’t fit in my collection and so why not sell them on and raise some cash for a charity. 

Going to donate this time to: RNLI. At this time of year they are working in terrible conditions and I think they deserve a thank you. I grew up by the seaside and so have a real passion to support them.

AUCTION DETAILS!

Items for auction (everything as one log):

1. George VI Sixpence (1944)

2. Pack of ‘Britain’s First Decimal Coins’

3. Silver Proof Second Birthday of Prince George (2015)

4. Wallace and Gromit Silver Proof (colourised) 50p (2019)

5. 1oz Silver Kook (2022)

6. Piedfort Silver Proof Libraries 50p (2000)

7. Diamond Jubilee Crown (Proof - Platinum Coloured Alloy) 2012.

Condition: They’re from Chards so are, generally speaking ‘Minty!’ The 2015 George is toned but the rest are nice! I will put up detailed pictures tomorrow. 

Starting Time and Date: 4.50pm. Wednesday 15 December 2021.

Starting Price: £5.00 plus postage (see below for postage details)

Charity Donation: I will donate the total amount to The RNLI. The donation will be posted here.

Ending Time and Date: 6pm Sunday 19 December 2021. Note that the Silver Forum will automatically order posts based on the order of posting. The order on this thread will be the order of bids made.

Set Increments: Minimum and maximum increase of £5 please. 

Winning Bidder: The winning bidder is the person who has made the highest bid at the point the auction closes. The thread posts contain timestamps and so the final bid during the final minute of the auction will be the winning bid (i.e. the auction ends at 11.00am and there are three bids of £20, £25, and then £30 during 18.00 and then a bid of £35 at 18.01, the winning bid would be the bid of £30.00). In the event that the highest bidder pulls out or reneges on their final bid, I will contact second place, third place etc. accordingly. 

Postage/Shipping: Costs to be agreed at point of sale. Postage options are for the winning bidder to chose (including the actual method of posting) and therefore risk is passed to the winning bidder once the item has been posted. Non UK delivery prices to be confirmed and agreed prior to bids being placed, please. 

Item Location: UK.

Shipping destinations: Will post worldwide. Winning bidder to assume responsibility for all postage and taxes that may be applicable.

Payment Terms: Payment by bank transfer or PayPal in GBP only.

Dispatch Time: Where payment is received on Sunday 19 December 2021, this item will be dispatched on the morning of Monday 20 December 2021 and so with you by Christmas! After this, dispatch will be made on the working day following the receipt of payment. 

Photos: 

FBCCC97A-8D98-4500-B87E-FA104DEAFD84.jpeg

I'll kick it off then £5

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Come on people... RNLI!!!

Defo worth more than this. I'll go £20

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

No, but you can have my heartfelt and huge thanks! 

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

No, but you can have my heartfelt and huge thanks! 

Top tip.  take the proceeds to your local station for the crew Xmas fund ..  it will make a dent there. General donations will get lost in the huge RNLI machine 👍

4 minutes ago, CANV said:

Top tip.  take the proceeds to your local station for the crew Xmas fund ..  it will make a dent there. General donations will get lost in the huge RNLI machine 👍

Cracking idea. Though I wont be home till New Year so may have to just put it towards their New Year’s Eve party! 

Not a bid but I'd like to add this 2002 Queen's Golden Jubilee silver proof to this auction since I'm tidying up my collections a bit. Couldn't go to a more worthy cause in my opinion. If @AndrewSL76 would kindly PM me the winner's address I'll post it directly to them.

P1020039.JPG

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

6 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

Not a bid but I'd like to add this 2002 Queen's Golden Jubilee silver proof to this auction since I'm tidying up my collections a bit. Couldn't go to a more worthy cause in my opinion. If @AndrewSL76 would kindly PM me the winner's address I'll post it directly to them.

P1020039.JPG

We can ask the winner to contact you directly! Thank you SO much. What a fantastic gesture!!

Archived