• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sov - Capsuls or RM certi-card / blister pack

Oddjob

So I saw some the 2021 sovs being sold by RM came in a certi-card / blister pack...something I'd not seen before and certainly not in the Aust market. For a pound or two more, I thought why not, it's different compared to how we normally see sov's presented in Aust...might get some interest, higher premium in the Aust secondary market.

I quite liked the idea and presentation so grabbed a couple of full and halfs, but interested to see what the RM's home market's take on that type of packaging is v encapsulated sov's or tubed.

Agreed with above. I wouldn't pay more and given the choice I would prefer a naked coin exposed to the world than one wrapped up in a packet. 

Some of the carded small bars you see like pamp 1g etc I can see that it makes a more substantial presentation but they look tacky if the edges start fraying etc 

Regarding bullion sovereigns, I agree.  Buy them raw, put them into your own capsules if you like (I do, and use Quadrums for them now).

The RM gold bullion bars do look good in their certicards, in my opinion.  I was pleasantly surprised when I bought a couple of RM bullion bars earlier this year.

If buying to give as a gift i think the cards are good. For stacking/storing they just become a nuisance. The cards may increase the saleability if selling privately but won't make any difference if selling commercially.

Personally i wish the RM would offer all coins with or without packaging - with  the appropriate discount when opting for raw or capsuled coins over over-packaged stuff. 

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

If buying to give as a gift i think the cards are good. For stacking/storing they just become a nuisance. The cards may increase the saleability if selling privately but won't make any difference if selling commercially.

Personally i wish the RM would offer all coins with or without packaging - with  the appropriate discount when opting for raw or capsuled coins over over-packaged stuff. 

I think this is very sane, and would appeal to a lot of people.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Thanks for the feedback & comments all. Much appreciated.

Agreed, the feel of a bullion coin in hand is special. Most of the sov's I've collected along the way come for the Aust secondary market and came in a mix of Hartberger holders, capsules and some lose ones....and thus in the process of getting some decent capsules for them all.

The more modern sov's (say post 1980) are as rare as hens teeth in Aust secondary and even retail market...let alone anything from 2020/21...close to nil. So apart from getting some 2020/21's in capsules, my thinking was, hadn't seen sov's in certi-card packs before, so might garner some interest and additional premium down here. I also think there are different and will keep a few for the stack and flip a few others at the right time. If / when I do flip some, I'll come back to this thread and let you know if I've hit the spot with these or got laughed out of stackers meet.

Thanks again for the feedback all.