• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

App for markets tracking?

I use trading view free and good for charts. I always like to know when my pants are being pulled down regular. I also use yahoo finance to track my portfolio. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• 2 weeks later...

Finviz is good for an over view & it has a scanner. I am considering a pro plan with trading view - missed the black friday 50% off deal. 

What I would like is to have a chart with all the stocks im interested in & percentage gains and losses colour coded - like the sectors on on Finviz: 

https://finviz.com 

3 hours ago, modofantasma said:

trading view 

Glad you said that as I have always used it and so do a lot of the 'more serious' investors on youtube including the full time guy I follow Gareth Soloway who  although he tends to use think or swim trading platform for charting. I need to look at the benefits but i know there is a lot of ideas on there from other people as well as news and stuff all in one, so finding why you have just lost 70% on a stock takes seconds. I have made 10 trades this week using TV and im in the green (for now) on  all of them despite the c**p red days so its a good service. ;)

Whats the best live market watcher on the phone out of interest?? Something with moment to moment live updates on major indices & maybe even certain stocks?? Obviously I have my trading platform, but somehting a bit easier to check when im out with the family??? ;)

Edited by Stacktastic

16 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Glad you said that as I have always used it and so do a lot of the 'more serious' investors on youtube including the full time guy I follow Gareth Soloway who  although he tends to use think or swim trading platform for charting. I need to look at the benefits but i know there is a lot of ideas on there from other people as well as news and stuff all in one, so finding why you have just lost 70% on a stock takes seconds. I have made 10 trades this week using TV and im in the green (for now) on  all of them despite the c**p red days so its a good service. ;)

Good work. I don't execute trades through trading view but I like it for planning my trades and looking at charts. Also I use it for back testing and practicing. I think with the premium option you can replay the charts as if you were live but I just blindly scroll back in time then cover the screen to reveal candle by candle 

11 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Good work. I don't execute trades through trading view but I like it for planning my trades and looking at charts. Also I use it for back testing and practicing. I think with the premium option you can replay the charts as if you were live but I just blindly scroll back in time then cover the screen to reveal candle by candle 

Thanks - Technically I am doing very well, but with high value stocks the share count is only 10-20 (unlike my £300 107,664 Alba shares). 😛
Having said that my 200 shares of Kinross are up 6%, but im not selling that unless it gets to $9 again. Also 100 shares canopy growth. 
Market looking like its on a downward trajectory, which is nice for volatility. 

I dont think they are a broker, although it would make sense that they became one, or had a second linked platform! 
All sounds very technical on trading view, but I prefer the charts compared to 212. 
I use Helklin Ashi on both, but they are different for some reason.

I need a system that can view all sectors & a basket of stocks that I like that represent the sectors. 
That way I can see what the hell is going on when everything gets chaotic.
Finviz is OK but I need to create a customised system - pretty sure i can do this with TV. 
With 3 screens its tough to see whats going on. ;) 

I need to spend today looking at the benefits & also all the features I am not using. :) 

Edited by Stacktastic

5 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Thanks - Technically I am doing very well, but with high value stocks the share count is only 10-20 (unlike my £300 107,664 Alba shares). 😛
Having said that my 200 shares of Kinross are up 6%, but im not selling that unless it gets to $9 again. Also 100 shares canopy growth. 
Market looking like its on a downward trajectory, which is nice for volatility. 

I dont think they are a broker, although it would make sense that they became one, or had a second linked platform! 
All sounds very technical on trading view, but I prefer the charts compared to 212. 
I use Helklin Ashi on both, but they are different for some reason.

I need a system that can view all sectors & a basket of stocks that I like that represent the sectors. 
That way I can see what the hell is going on when everything gets chaotic.
Finviz is OK but I need to create a customised system - pretty sure i can do this with TV. 
With 3 screens its tough to see whats going on. ;) 

I need to spend today looking at the benefits & also all the features I am not using. :) 

Yeah sounds a bit hi tech for me there. I don't use a lot of indicators or functions in general beyond basic drawing and EMA.

I just shortlist what pairs or stocks I'm interested in and look at one chart at once. Usually candles but flick to line now and again to help identify levels better though depends whether I'm trading or investing 

On 17/12/2021 at 17:28, Stacktastic said:

Finviz is good for an over view & it has a scanner. I am considering a pro plan with trading view - missed the black friday 50% off deal. 

What I would like is to have a chart with all the stocks im interested in & percentage gains and losses colour coded - like the sectors on on Finviz: 

https://finviz.com 

Finviz is the best website hands down. Tradingview is more suited for value investors. Yahoo finance is just one website I cant use.

13 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Finviz is the best website hands down. Tradingview is more suited for value investors. Yahoo finance is just one website I cant use.

I just use Yahoo to track my portfolio on my phone I like teh set up for that. 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use