• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

On 08/01/2022 at 09:43, westminstrel said:

We could very well see an SotD in June for Prince William’s 40th with a St. George and the Dragon reverse. 

Especially as it looks like Charles and Willy will be leading the Jubilee weekend celebrations.

Or perhaps they'll want to keep the focus on the Queen? A Platinum Pudding privy perhaps?

10 minutes ago, booboobear said:

Not SOTD but ukgoldcoins have 2022 proof sovereigns for sale at £750. You can make an offer and he accepted mine at £700. Might help someone who is still looking. Called the chap who promised to check the coin over before sending for any errors/damage

I might be selling one or two, I have overspent at the RM recently, and have more overspending to do in the coming months!

If I do an post in the selling forum I will be selling them for less than 700

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I might be selling one or two, I have overspent at the RM recently, and have more overspending to do in the coming months!

This post for me is the coin equivalent of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! Fair play to you for not milking the price when you sell. 

8 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think many people overspent in past 2-3 months (me as well😭), as way too many releases from RM.  There maybe Tudor Beast and Gothic in this or next quarter as well.

2 hours ago, Bruce06 said:

I think many people overspent in past 2-3 months (me as well😭), as way too many releases from RM.  There maybe Tudor Beast and Gothic in this or next quarter as well.

I didn't as RM loves me :) it saves me from spending to much by never putting me low in the s**** queue thus never buying anything 😂

it's an amazing system and very thoughtful of them :P

Tell a lie.. i did get a Tudor Beast that i had to send back five times 😂 lol

Edited by blackadder

On 07/01/2022 at 18:50, westminstrel said:

@Shepand @SilverJacks - since you asked about where this could still be preordered at a good price.

https://ukgoldcoins.co.uk/product/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-celebration-sovereign/

They have 4 in stock and priced at £699 which is not too far from RM’s £675.

Thanks so much for posting this, westminstrel!  I was able to order one - at a much higher price because there were only 2 left - but at least they had it and I was able to order one.  This has been very tough to find in advance.  Both Coin Connection and Chards sold out quickly.

21 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Thanks so much for posting this, westminstrel!  I was able to order one - at a much higher price because there were only 2 left - but at least they had it and I was able to order one.  This has been very tough to find in advance.  Both Coin Connection and Chards sold out quickly.

Yep big up forum massive 😂 

I got one also from mark just now 

should be one left 

49 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Yep big up forum massive 😂 

I got one also from mark just now 

should be one left 

What price were they going for mate?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

8 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

That’s more than I paid for a proof from him. 

True.  I paid quite a bit less for a standard proof from Chards, but I really wanted this special Sovereign.  I did not want to pass up the chance to lock my order in place or fight with the crowds on February 6 - especially since I live in the U.S. and would have to get up in the middle of the night to enter the queue.  Plus, I have recently placed orders with the Royal Mint, and they seem to put international orders at the bottom of the shipping list (if the order does not get canceled).  I got my proof Sovereign from Chards a month before the Royal Mint would have shipped my original order (which I canceled).

1 minute ago, magpie79 said:

Exactly that

but this is a special coin, because the royal mint says so ok 😂 

🤣🤣🤣 2022 "the year of the twats"

Yep I'm one of them.......every ukin time now I write the date I get ptsd.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip