• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2017 Silver Libertad - 1 Kilo - One of only 200 minted

MJCOIN

2017 - 1 kilo silver Libertad in excellent condition.  Has never been removed from capsule.

This coin is one of only 200 minted in 2017 and has a lower mintage figure than the proof like coin (500).   Information shown on Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertad_(coin)

£850 inclusive of Special Delivery to UK address only.   Willing to consider trade for sovereigns.

Bank transfer or PPFF only please.

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

On 17/12/2021 at 17:56, NewCoins said:

I have a full 2022 jubilee sovereign I might be willing to exchange + some cash your way. 

The going rate on ebay seems to be around 750. Not sure if you are looking for a proof sov though.

PM'd

40 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

750 any good?

Sorry.  I'm already losing money at the offer price.

13 hours ago, Dunca2021 said:

Do you have all the documentations; original box and the papers ( including the serial number)?

Thanks

Chris

This specific coin is a bullion one, so for sure not box and certificate. But it is a special one, with lower mintage than a proof in 2017. ( I know, a very strange decision of Banco de Mexico). It is a hard to find one and the offer price of £850 is a real bargain in my opinion.

Any silver libertad on the market is more expensive than a regular bullion. To have an idea, compare the prices on a dealer site. For example, at BBP, the cheapest 1oz Silver Libertad is £36.96 and the cheapest best value 1oz Britannia is £28.08. So a premium of +31.7% over the cheapest Britannia.

The cheapest silver 1 kilo bullion bar sold on forum is £660. Add 31.7% premium and the real value of this 1 kilo Libertad (without adding any more premium for its rarity of only 200 minted) should be £869.22. 

For a silver collector to have this coin in his personal collection it is a dream. I am only stacker, looking for the cheapest way to accumulate silver, this is the reason I am not buying, but I can appreciate the value of a beauty.😊

Kindest regards,

Stefan.

I can tell everyone now the coin is a lot more impressive than the rather crappy box mine came in from goldsilver.be or the poor grade certificate, both of which are no where near even the Royal Mints standard (which is saying something! 😂)

Whilst there is difference between a proof and bullion, and no CGT benefits (not that I would be too worried about that). I would not be worried about the aesthetics  a box and cert. even if it did have em’. You’d just buy this as it’s a chunky monkey! ;) 

• 3 months later...

Archived