• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Predictions for 2022

This is the time of year when experts make predictions for the coming year. Some execs from Saxo Bank have started early with this document. This is my summary of their points:

1. The move to reduce fossil fuel production will be paused because of high energy prices and the resulting inflationary impact on commodities and food. Policy-makers will backtrack on promises and relax restrictions.

2. Much of the younger generation will abandon Facebook (Meta) in protest at the way it farms and uses their personal information.

3. The US mid-term elections will lead to a stand-off over some close results, which will provoke a constitutional crisis.

4. US price inflation will reach 15% on an annualised basis at the end of Q4.

5. The EU will create a superfund to finance initiatives for defence, clean energy and climate change, and will pay for it by requiring that pension funds buy its bonds. These bonds will be a kind of EU bond by the back door, sidestepping the usual objections to EU bonds.

6. A group of women traders will mimic the Reddit/WallStreetBets group and make a co-ordinated assult on companies with a weak record on gender equality.

7. Rising energy prices will see India join the Gulf Cooperation Council as a non-voting member in order to reduce its energy insecurity. This will be part of a general realignment of geopolitical alliances.

8. Spotify will experience a substantial reduction in business as musicians make increasing use of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for distributing their work, so as to avoid the high percentage of revenue taken by Spotify and other streaming platforms.

9. Hypersonic military technology will give rise to a new arms race.

10. A key breakthrough in biomedicine will increase life expectancy, leading to financial and environmental problems.

Thanks @Bumble it is worth looking at the previous years “Outrageous Predictions” few of which have come to pass as far as I can tell.

Saxo is an interesting bank (really a broker).  Attached is a photo taken by me while having breakfast in the HQ in Hellerup.  

The dinosaur is a reminder to employees to “adapt or die….”

EC26DFA1-A182-40F4-9521-263F1030F1CA.jpeg

Not my circus, not my monkeys

14 hours ago, Bumble said:

10. A key breakthrough in biomedicine will increase life expectancy, leading to financial and environmental problems.

I mean this in the most sincere way possible "I ukin hope not"

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

I mean this in the most sincere way possible "I ukin hope not"

think of it this way though, the longer you live, the more gold and silver you can buy.... win win

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4 minutes ago, Gordy said:

think of it this way though, the longer you live, the more gold and silver you can buy.... win win

Ohh I'm young enough yet🤞 it was the rest of you's I was thinking on😅

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

14 hours ago, dicker said:

Thanks @Bumble it is worth looking at the previous years “Outrageous Predictions” few of which have come to pass as far as I can tell.

Saxo is an interesting bank (really a broker).  Attached is a photo taken by me while having breakfast in the HQ in Hellerup.  

The dinosaur is a reminder to employees to “adapt or die….”

EC26DFA1-A182-40F4-9521-263F1030F1CA.jpeg

didn't dinosaurs adapt perfectly to their environment and basically rule the planet for millions of years,,?  if took a fecking great asteroid hit to wipe them out.  hardly their fault .  

My prediction is that people will actually start dying and they will be brainwashed in to blaming the people that did not take the vaccine (ie the ones who are perfectly healthy). 😛

The women trader one is interesting, I think we shall start seeing stuff like that more often now as people get more and more distrustful of governments & the media.
Bit like the 70's (black, women's lib, vietnam, anarchy in the UK) over the next decade. 

I like to think that people will be more loving, compassionate & kind to thier fellow humans. Its going in the right direction if you helicopter out a few hundred years! 

Edited by Stacktastic

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use