• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Let's Break Their Backs - Down With The Silver Manipulators!

Junior

@Robda1986 @Centauri167 Did either of you explicitly say to buy paper silver? No, you did not. Thank you for pointing that out without getting overly defensive about it. God knows many other people on this forum may have flipped their lid. I would like to clarify something however, you did say that the only way to get the price moving is for the paper silver to be traded in for physical silver. For that to be done successfully, there has to not be any physical silver available for delivery. So in essence, if we do not buy the physical off the shelf, then the physical remains on the shelf and readily available for delivery (in theory). That means the physical has to already be gone and if we are buying it right from the shelf, then we are doing our part in this whole game of deception.

All that remains is for the paper contracts to flip over to delivery contracts and find there is none for delivery. I totally follow that method of thinking. We just now need the first big players to flip over to a delivery contract and have the first few contracts not be able to take delivery on account of there being none to deliver. But as far as our part goes, if we fail to buy, we bring demand down, leaving physical behind for delivery, and having this game drag out longer and longer.

Hope I didn't offend by implying that either of you thought paper silver was the only way to go. Paper silver has a role to play and it just hasn't played its part yet.

Edited by Junior

@Bimetallic 

In general, silver production remains quite steady/flat/not rising or falling. Looking at the first chart of consistent supply, and the second & third chart of increasing demand, it stands to reason that if supply does not increase the same with demand, then we will have to have a targeted price increase as this will become the driving force behind new mine development.

Global silver output to rise 8.1% in 2021 – report - MINING.COM

Demand Continues for Silver Supply

The Two Largest Sources of Industrial Demand For Silver Are About to  Explode Higher

1 hour ago, Junior said:

@Robda1986 @Centauri167 Did either of you explicitly say to buy paper silver? No, you did not. Thank you for pointing that out without getting overly defensive about it. God knows many other people on this forum may have flipped their lid. I would like to clarify something however, you did say that the only way to get the price moving is for the paper silver to be traded in for physical silver. For that to be done successfully, there has to not be any physical silver available for delivery. So in essence, if we do not buy the physical off the shelf, then the physical remains on the shelf and readily available for delivery (in theory). That means the physical has to already be gone and if we are buying it right from the shelf, then we are doing our part in this whole game of deception.

All that remains is for the paper contracts to flip over to delivery contracts and find there is none for delivery. I totally follow that method of thinking. We just now need the first big players to flip over to a delivery contract and have the first few contracts not be able to take delivery on account of there being none to deliver. But as far as our part goes, if we fail to buy, we bring demand down, leaving physical behind for delivery, and having this game drag out longer and longer.

Hope I didn't offend by implying that either of you thought paper silver was the only way to go. Paper silver has a role to play and it just hasn't played its part yet.

I'm sorry but for me going in discussion with you is done.

Not one of us did write to buy paper silver, first you write we did and now you write we did not do it "explicity" ...

Read what you want, write what you want, I'm finished with it !

3 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

I'd never in a million years recommend someone buying paper silver as its just literally just a piece of paper. You never take delivery. Your never allowed to see your silver allocation. Just seems like a scam to me that anyone can pull off what's stopping anyone from liein and saying I've got 10 billion oz of silver I'll sell you but your not allowed to see, know where it is, ever take delivery but here is a post it note with some scribble saying you own some silver. when really they hold 10 oz. It's just a giant card game where all the players are writing checks their ass can't cash (top gun reff) and everyone is bluffing 

Indeed you did not, neither did I but some people read what they want ...

On 24/11/2021 at 13:15, Centauri167 said:

The paper scam there is with silver will not be solved by people buying silver but by people trading in their paper silver into physical silver.

@Centauri167 As I said before, you did not explicitly say it. I guess I interpreted your ^ above comment ^ as you implicitly saying it. A misunderstanding on my part. Feel free to accept my apology. I am only human after all.

As private investors we should amass however much silver we want and can afford at the best prices we can find at the time.
As far as breaking anyone's back that is a bit unrealistic. Indeed why the hell would you want to do that until and unless you have had your fill?
Common sense should tell you, you want to keep the price low, at least until you have achieved that. 
i don't think private investors will make the difference. Indeed i am pretty sure they won't. They will play a part but the main push will be as institutions move into the space, supply tightens dramatically and then the likes of Samsung et al vacuum up everything in sight.
i think see #silversqueeze has failed - it is a process. More people are interested in silver. The more media coverage, the more interest is generated, the more likely it will be it comes onto the radar of the bigger players. At that point price will jump significantly and at that point you should have got all the silver you want.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Im not saying the comex/metal markets aren't manipulated because they are, but if the price of Silver was held down below market value for any significant length of time the result would be no physical silver on the market. Any attempt to control prices whether by manipulation or Government mandate will always result in chronic shortages. We don't see prolonged shortages.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

On 24/11/2021 at 12:42, Junior said:

Second only to gold, silver has the highest conductivity.

Silver is the most conductive element bar none, advantage of gold, it doesn't oxidise, hence gold plated contacts etc.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Everything is manipulated to a certain extent, some more than others. I can't think of anything in our daily lives that is manipulation free. Naked open water swimming is the closest I've got to the answer (not that I would give it a go). The question that needs to be asked is why? If a product is heavily manipulated then there has to be a good reason behind it. Starbucks manipulates you in to thinking their coffee is better than any other and for the only reason of making profit. 

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

As private investors we should amass however much silver we want and can afford at the best prices we can find at the time.
As far as breaking anyone's back that is a bit unrealistic. Indeed why the hell would you want to do that until and unless you have had your fill?
Common sense should tell you, you want to keep the price low, at least until you have achieved that. 
i don't think private investors will make the difference. Indeed i am pretty sure they won't. They will play a part but the main push will be as institutions move into the space, supply tightens dramatically and then the likes of Samsung et al vacuum up everything in sight.
i think see #silversqueeze has failed - it is a process. More people are interested in silver. The more media coverage, the more interest is generated, the more likely it will be it comes onto the radar of the bigger players. At that point price will jump significantly and at that point you should have got all the silver you want.

Would I like the price to remain low so I can hoard away as much as I thought I needed? Sure. Who wouldn’t? But on the flip side, what if silver remained where it’s at indefinitely? Shouldn’t we want the price to rise?

Look at the 1980 high, $50 USD! Considering inflation, shouldn’t silver be higher? Certainly! It’s currently cheap! Considering all the new advancements in technology and the fact that we need more and more silver to make those advancements more efficient, shouldn’t silver be higher? Yes!

So while I see that it is advantageous for us stackers to have the lowest prices imaginable on such a hot and useful commodity, when does the price realization mechanism come into play?

Not attacking any opposition on the joy of low prices being a Godsend, more just inquiring on when true value of such a useful element is realized.

Edited by Junior

50 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Silver is the most conductive element bar none, advantage of gold, it doesn't oxidise, hence gold plated contacts etc.

You are correct. I think I was thinking back to an old university lecture. Thought I recalled silver as being second, but after a quick double check, you are right. Silver actually is the top conductor.

26 minutes ago, Junior said:

Would I like the price to remain low so I can hoard away as much as I thought I needed? Sure. Who wouldn’t? But on the flip side, what if silver remained where it’s at indefinitely? Shouldn’t we want the price to rise?

Look at the 1980 high, $50 USD! Considering inflation, shouldn’t silver be higher? Certainly! It’s currently cheap! Considering all the new advancements in technology and the fact that we need more and more silver to make those advancements more efficient, shouldn’t silver be higher? Yes!

So while I see that it is advantageous for us stackers to have the lowest prices imaginable on such a hot and useful commodity, when does the price realization mechanism come into play?

Not attacking any opposition on the joy of low prices being a Godsend, more just inquiring on when true value of such a useful element is realized.

The price has risen for me - it is twice and at least 50% over what i paid for a lot. Some of us stacked when silver had no friends. Some of us grabbed it until our hands bled when there were bargains.
My point is you are not going to move the price. Your stacking should be around amassing as much as you can at decent prices. You should be looking for the bargains not buggering around dreaming about $50 and $100 silver or about taking the bullions banks down. 

i am a hardcore stacker. If it weren't for my tragic boating accident i would have hundreds of kilos of the stuff.  That should be your aim. i accept the price is manipulated, it is not at the level it should be but price will go to wherever it does when it does. i have repeated numerous times here that when it comes to the revaluation of silver, it is not a matter of if, it is simply a matter of when. It might be next year, it might be the year after. The USD will collapse. The paper Ponzi financial system will go down. Don't wish that to happen too soon b/c i strongly suspect you are not fully prepared for that right now. There is no point thinking about anything other than getting ready. The scamdemic has not fully unfolded yet. There are lots of variables and the price of silver is a relatively minor one.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

@sixgun You are right on several things. I am not ready for a USD collapse, but that doesn't mean I'm not ready for a silver price rise into true value. Do I have enough to sustain me and my family for a duration of civil unrest and a period of transition? Well that could very well depend on the length of such transition, but the short answer is probably no. I have had the pleasure of seeing one 50% increase from when I first got into stacking silver and I guess I just can't stand to see everything else go up throughout the decades faster than silver responds to the rise. But everyone I talk to seems to have the same cool/laid back trust with silver. Patience they say. I guess we're all on the same train and I'm the annoying kid saying, "are we there yet?" a hundred different times LOL 😂

9 hours ago, sixgun said:

i think see #silversqueeze has failed - it is a process. More people are interested in silver. The more media coverage, the more interest is generated, the more likely it will be it comes onto the radar of the bigger players.

This could be a disaster for world industry all the way down to the little guy, unless your actively stacking to bail them out in their time of need I think they (the establishment) and social media goons etc. will not look kindly upon stackers.

Thankfully many years of stockpiled e waste is ready and waiting for industrial chemical processing. (Land filling E waste actually ended in the UK prior to the charging for the disposal of refrigerators). 

I also stack high yield boards and chips (for fun in deconstruction and sometimes demolition), one day soon I may sell them to the RM. or another recommended processor? (Bad for the environment and probably illegal and dangerous if I were to DIM). 

Most older circuit boards are dripping with gold & silver, not like the ones of today, I have seen a steady decline in the amount of pm's used in most boards (bar some military/hospital applications). 

For this reason alone I think that we can add at least 8 years to any estimated time of physical silver exhaustion that we may once have perceived.

Fascinating subject,

My grammar will never improve  :) 

Thank you for your patience.

Stack slow, stack steady, let others discover for themselves Darwinian style, there's no rush towards the end game...That's for thoughtless Lemmings encouraging everyone else to jump over the cliff with them. Also it prolongs price suppression. Not good for those that need a bit of fiat along the way. So not allowed to work as it should, as a hedge against inflation before disaster!

Much Love. 

Edited by frugalman

i notice i made an error in my post where i said that #silversqueeze had failed. 
i don't see that it has. It has if you thought it would blow the COMEX up, but the old timers know it isn't as easy as a few apes cleaning out the online dealers. What the silversqueeze has done is increase the interest in silver and create the biggest silver community there ever has been. This community has stuck together - it is death by a thousand cuts for the bullion banks. It increases interest in silver and then we will see the institutions making steps to include silver in their portfolios. We are not there yet but we will get there. in the meantime it is silver on sale - don't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Most E-waste is not a viable option until and unless the price of silver rises. 

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

I beg to differ. Refuse company's already have to put the e waste to good use rather than dispose of it under current regulation's, let alone new ones, and many countries already pay good scrap prices for e waste.

Is not the whole world one big community. Or is it just stackers V ROTW in your opinion  :)

Edited by frugalman

Just now, frugalman said:

I beg to differ. Refuse company's already have to put the e waste to good use rather than dispose of it under current regulation's, let alone new ones, and many countries already pay good c**p prices for e waste.

Is not the whole world one big community. Or is it just stackers V ROTW in your opinion  :)

i have been invested in Envirometal Technologies, a precious metal recycling company, since at least last year. The share price has halved. The other two i looked at have gone bust.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i have been invested in Envirometal Technologies, a precious metal recycling company, since at least last year. The share price has halved. The other two i looked at have gone bust.

Sorry for your losses. Its all down to timing sixgun. (so I hear so very often in the markets).

That tells me its a good time to invest in them now.

Edited by frugalman

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

i notice i made an error in my post where i said that #silversqueeze had failed. 
i don't see that it has. It has if you thought it would blow the COMEX up, but the old timers know it isn't as easy as a few apes cleaning out the online dealers. What the silversqueeze has done is increase the interest in silver and create the biggest silver community there ever has been. This community has stuck together - it is death by a thousand cuts for the bullion banks. It increases interest in silver and then we will see the institutions making steps to include silver in their portfolios. We are not there yet but we will get there. in the meantime it is silver on sale - don't look the gift horse in the mouth.

The silversqueeze has failed because it was not their goal to make a bigger community but to take on the comex. And after at least 2 squeezes we see a lower price than before. I hope those "apes" will keep on squeezing so I can keep on buying my silver cheaper.

But about the E-waste you are 100% correct. Silver is in most cases still a waste because the cost of the recycling process is higher than the silver price. That will change of course with higher prices as what you see with gold were almost nothing is lost in recycling.

12 minutes ago, Centauri167 said:

But about the E-waste you are 100% correct. Silver is in most cases still a waste because the cost of the recycling process is higher than the silver price. That will change of course with higher prices as what you see with gold were almost nothing is lost in recycling.

Government incentives and new tec in the industry sorted that one out.

Edited by frugalman

1 minute ago, frugalman said:

Government incentives and new tec in the industry sorted that one out. 

Glad that joe public still think its not viable in a way. 

Look, I see the figures of big e-waste recyclers because I invest in them. Believe what you want but you are wrong ...

Just look it up how high the cost is to retract a kg of silver out of E-waste, if you see that price you can see how wrong you are or the silversqueeze has finally succeeded in the last minutes ...

20 minutes ago, Centauri167 said:

Just look it up how high the cost is to retract a kg of silver out of E-waste, if you see that price you can see how wrong you are or the silversqueeze has finally succeeded in the last minutes

You have to get the silver and other metals out of solution before you even think about getting to the gold and other high end pm's in the process (its an overall cost). 

Please research if you have not done so recently.  

Edited by frugalman

48 minutes ago, frugalman said:

Silver the ever faithful necessary byproduct  :)

The royal mint would really be the people to ask. I just randomly picked up on it a bit too soon for my own good one day lol.

Pure logical prediction here...They will limit sales long before any thoughts of confiscation.

Enjoy your silver, enjoy the changes and remember that its not the end of the world .  :) 

Edited by frugalman