• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Let's Break Their Backs - Down With The Silver Manipulators!

Junior

Whether you choose to believe that the silver market is 'manipulated' versus 'regulated' is your choice. But even in regulation, you have the notion that the market is not actually free to discover true price. For if something were to be unregulated, the price may become volatile and susceptible to the market's supply and demand mechanism. So whether your stance on the silver market is that it is unfairly 'manipulated' versus justly 'regulated' is irrelevant. The truth is, it's not under your personal control, it shouldn't be under your personal control, and it shouldn't be under anyone's personal control. The only controlling force should be the free markets and if we truly had free markets, silver would not be lagging the way it has been for decades.

I urge all who read this, spread it like wildfire. The free markets are the people, the consumers, the end users of the physical! Not paper pushers!

Some have said that the silver market has been leveraged to the sum of 250 paper ounces of silver to 1 physical ounce of silver. Is this true? Do we have proof of this? Who can supply the truth behind this? We can! We don't need to research what large companies have paper interests to discover whether or not the silver market is rigged. We can find out much easier than digging through article after article to see who's got their hands in the silver market through paper contracts. We can do like the Hunt brothers did in the 1970s up to 1980, we can buy silver and we can buy a $h!t ton of it! The Hunt brothers worked to accumulate around 100 million Troy ounces of silver and this caused the price to rise from $11 (USD) per ounce in September 1979 to $50 (USD) per ounce by January 1980. Two men bought 100 million Troy ounces.

I'm not seeking two men willing to buy 100 million ounces. I'm seeking anyone willing to buy a single ounce, 5 ounces, 10 ounces or more. Whatever you can afford to buy responsibly, buy it. Give a gift this Christmas to someone in your family who has never felt the weight of a 1 ounce silver coin. Buy an ounce of silver for yourself to add to your stack. Discuss silver with an interested party who has never made the leap into the physical bullion market. You learn a lot about people by listening and having simple conversation. Is this feat possible? Can we as a community buy 100 million Troy ounces of silver this holiday season? Sure we can.

1 person buys 100 million Troy ounces = $2,480,000,000 (USD)

10 people buy 10 million Troy ounces = $248,000,000 (USD) each

100 people buy 1 million Troy ounces = $24,800,000 (USD) each

1,000 people buy 100 thousand Troy ounces = $2,480,000 (USD) each

10,000 people buy 10 thousand Troy ounces = $248,000 (USD) each

100,000 people buy 1 thousand Troy ounces = $24,800 (USD) each

1,000,000 people buy 1 hundred Troy ounces = $2,480 (USD) each

10,000,000 people buy 10 Troy ounces = $248 (USD) each

100,000,000 people buy 1 Troy ounce = $24.80 (USD) each

Think 100,000,000 people buying one single ounce of silver is not feasible? How about 10,000,000 people buying 10 Troy ounces? I know the perfect 16,378 people to get this fire going...

Silver Forum Members.jpg

Let’s break their backs!

Edited by Junior

I love all the fairy tale type story's about people giving silver to friends and family members and changing their lives forever.

Any tips on getting your point across to them? I gave up giving them what they least wanted for Christmas.

EDIT

It must be me, I gave up telling the old school of thought forum members what they least wanted to hear too lol 

Edited by frugalman

3 hours ago, frugalman said:

I love all the fairy tale type story's about people giving silver to friends and family members and changing their lives forever.

Any tips on getting your point across to them? I gave up giving them what they least wanted for Christmas.

EDIT

It must be me, I gave up telling the old school of thought forum members what they least wanted to hear too lol 

Tips you say? Well the best one I can think of is start with the oldest of generations and try to convince them. These are the people that actually had silver in their coinage in the 1960s, 50s, and 40s. These are the people that constantly talk about the price of a home, car or cup of coffee "back in their day". They know prices have gone up throughout their lives, but are clueless why things were cheaper back then. They were told it's inflation, but were never told how inflation is tied to sound money. Silver (and gold) are the reasons why.

Then, the next generation to convince are those youngest (but still able to afford buying something without their parents' help). Those who started working a part time job or just got out of high school. Those that are unsure of their future in this world because they've just now been thrown into it. 

Lastly would be those in between the youngest and oldest. They think they know stuff, but really are just following the trend of what they were told. They will see the young buying, the old buying, and like sheep will follow along without even knowing the driving force behind 'why'. But if you tell them why, will they listen? No one knows until we try on a massive scale.

One big problem what many people always forget is that silver is an industrial commodity. Don't think you can really change the market with buying together a lot of silver coins/ bars, all the silver squeezes till now shown the result, a price that is now lower than months ago ...

Because it is an industrial commodity, from the moment the price will go sky high, they find something else to replace it with, they did it before with so many other commodities who became to expensive.

That's the real reason why gold is less manipulated as silver, you don't have the enormous industrial influence in it.

And to end, I buy every month around a kg of silver, so I did my part.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

Can't seems to find the affiliate link  🤔

PS I'm offering free storage for all you guys that don't have enough space in the safe's

Edited by daca

@Junior Nice sentiment pal, I'm guessing you are fairly young, you don't need to convince anyone here. The problem is the general public are as thick as two short planks re silver, all they are interested in is what consumer s--te they can buy as cheaply as possible. Silver does not even register with them, we are the enlightened ones here & they will only take a cursory interest in silver when the media start saying buy it when it hits $100 an oz. Nice try though pal.

PS I am giving a good neighbour 2oz of silver for Christmas for doing me a favour.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

3 hours ago, Junior said:

But if you tell them why, will they listen? No one knows until we try on a massive scale.

Thanks,  I wouldn't be wanting to give them any misinformation or rely on my research from way back. Things ain't what they used to be 2 years ago. Its a case of buy less and watch the price go up now but its so hard for me to explain why! that I will just give up. And besides I don't want to upset the miners or those with miner shares on another fully related issue.

It was such a big shock for me when I realized that I wouldn't have listened if I were told by someone else.

So stop buying so much and let the price go up for me please :)

1 hour ago, frugalman said:

So stop buying so much and let the price go up for me please :)

The price will go up when people stop buying, or (have to) stop buying.

Have you got that long?

Till then your boosting the fiat system with a %100 free tax dollar loan while your gold and silver usually just sits there being redundant.

Billions in the the UK since 1979.

Matrix Pm's reloaded.

I heard one honest dealer talking about no longer holding ready cash and having to bank it into digital. I'm sure bullion by post and kitco use the banking system too.

Do you get it?

The most amusing youtube UK Market influencer's are the ones that don't even know how much a pint of the udder stuff is here in the UK lol. :) haha

Nope...see what I mean, best for me to pipe down now. 

Regards

Edited by frugalman

The industrial side of silver is exactly why the price has been beaten down this last year. Economies trying to recover, but are slowing as a result.

On the flip side of economic slowdowns are the future mandates. Canada for example is supposed to cease selling gasoline only automobiles and are supposed to switch to either hybrid or electric. By 2025, our leader (and I use the word only by means of a voted in person) has stated that gasoline engines are not permitted for sale in an attempt to keep to our end of the green deal by 2025.

So the industrial side of silver is going to need to be increased in the next few years. Solar panels, hybrid batteries, computer chips, etc… are all needed to go green. Silver is therefore needed to go green. This post of mine may prove to be a few years ahead of the times, but that is why we need to be grateful for the low price now and stack while it is undervalued. I’m sure someone somewhere said the same thing about Bitcoin in 2014 when it was barely a blip on anyone’s radar.

1 hour ago, Junior said:
1 hour ago, Junior said:

This post of mine may prove to be a few years ahead of the times

I wouldn't say that, I would say That you are closer than you think. Soon they wont let you buy anymore pm's

At the moment Australia buy circuit boards from the public, ship them out by container to another country to be processed, ship all of the pure metals back and still make a good profit. There will be enough for the basics for about another 8 years.

Future Kooks from the UK RM to save a journey? 

That's the last time I'm breaking internet silence again. Over and out :)  

Edited by frugalman

6 hours ago, motorbikez said:

PS I am giving a good neighbour 2oz of silver for Christmas for doing me a favour.

A neighbour that isn’t expecting anything for a good deed done is all the more appreciative for the surprise. Not sure what favour your neighbour did for you, but in terms of 2 ounces of silver, I think they will love the Christmas gift.

On 22/11/2021 at 19:29, Junior said:

The industrial side of silver is exactly why the price has been beaten down this last year. Economies trying to recover, but are slowing as a result.

On the flip side of economic slowdowns are the future mandates. Canada for example is supposed to cease selling gasoline only automobiles and are supposed to switch to either hybrid or electric. By 2025, our leader (and I use the word only by means of a voted in person) has stated that gasoline engines are not permitted for sale in an attempt to keep to our end of the green deal by 2025.

So the industrial side of silver is going to need to be increased in the next few years. Solar panels, hybrid batteries, computer chips, etc… are all needed to go green. Silver is therefore needed to go green. This post of mine may prove to be a few years ahead of the times, but that is why we need to be grateful for the low price now and stack while it is undervalued. I’m sure someone somewhere said the same thing about Bitcoin in 2014 when it was barely a blip on anyone’s radar.

I never understand why some people always want to compare Bitcoin or make a comparison wit Pm's ...

What the future will bring, nobody knows but silver will never go high like BTC, just because of his industrial use. The moment it will go to high they will just replace it and the price will drop again, big time.

Silver is like gold, a place to keep your savings safe through time, it is not something to become rich with

2 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

I never understand why some people always want to compare Bitcoin or make a comparison wit Pm's ...

What the future will bring, nobody knows but silver will never go high like BTC, just because of his industrial use. The moment it will go to high they will just replace it and the price will drop again, big time.

Silver is like gold, a place to keep your savings safe through time, it is not something to become rich with

I fully agree with you (even though I do compare Bitcoin to pms). I don’t see silver as a get rich scheme, it is a safe haven because it is money and has always been money (just like gold).

That being said, it is also industrial and this is where I will respectfully disagree with you on one thing. It cannot be ‘easily’ replaced with something cheaper and that is because of its high/fast conductivity.

Second only to gold, silver has the highest conductivity. The next thing people look at for price and availability are copper. But copper cannot make the next iPhone download faster or last longer. Copper cannot make a computer chip able to compute and sync with all these new sensors capable of virtually driving/parking the vehicle for you. Copper cannot improve the miles per charge of a hybrid or electric vehicle battery. Copper cannot be used in solar panels if you want the solar panels to improve in efficiency.

Simply put, silver is not ‘easily’ replaceable with another inferior metal. The world wants to go green and in order to go green, you must go silver.

Edited by Junior

It won't work the issue is and we've just seen it with the whole to the moon malarkey. Even if you clear all the shelfs of silver because of the massive difference in paper and tangible physical silver it wont budge the price the only way to do it would be if the larger players in the game tried to cash in the large holdings of paper they have. Only to find their not backed by diddly squat. Think of it as a fake note getting them into circulation is hard but one the first person dose it and passes it on the next person who notices its fake passes it on because no one wants to take the trillion dollar hit by buying and binning them 

3 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

It won't work the issue is and we've just seen it with the whole to the moon malarkey. Even if you clear all the shelfs of silver because of the massive difference in paper and tangible physical silver it wont budge the price the only way to do it would be if the larger players in the game tried to cash in the large holdings of paper they have. Only to find their not backed by diddly squat. Think of it as a fake note getting them into circulation is hard but one the first person dose it and passes it on the next person who notices its fake passes it on because no one wants to take the trillion dollar hit by buying and binning them 

That's 100% correct in my opinion !

The paper scam there is with silver will not be solved by people buying silver but by people trading in their paper silver into physical silver.

But I doubt that will happen soon ...

Just like you say, if you get a fake money bill you ( most people ) will try to spent it quick so they don't loose money and that game will not stop soon unless regulation will come but that's something for a phantasy world I am afraid ...

My advice stays the same, believe in silver but don't believe in the hype train with prices going sky high or squeezing the market dry !

5 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

The paper scam there is with silver will not be solved by people buying silver but by people trading in their paper silver into physical silver.

Just like you say, if you get a fake money bill you ( most people ) will try to spent it quick so they don't loose money and that game will not stop soon unless regulation will come but that's something for a phantasy world I am afraid ...

My advice stays the same, believe in silver but don't believe in the hype train with prices going sky high or squeezing the market dry !

@Robda1986 @Centauri167 So both of you are sort of saying the same thing. You say that buying physical off the shelf and draining the physical supply won’t work.

Instead, you recommend buying in the paper and turning the paper in for the physical.

Is that not the same thing? The end game to make it work is the physical supply itself 🤣

6 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

I agree, but I don't disbelieve the stackers can't make things difficult for the manipulators. But yeah don't bank on this market breaking out unless the banksters want it to. But eventually they will have to let it go and it can get sky high then. 

I just keep buying when I can and take advantage of the dips, for example I'm trying to buy some Philharmonikers today, as I have none. That and Britanias are the main coins I don't have.

Edited by OldCoin

11 hours ago, Junior said:

I fully agree with you (even though I do compare Bitcoin to pms). I don’t see silver as a get rich scheme, it is a safe haven because it is money and has always been money (just like gold).

That being said, it is also industrial and this is where I will respectfully disagree with you on one thing. It cannot be ‘easily’ replaced with something cheaper and that is because of its high/fast conductivity.

Second only to gold, silver has the highest conductivity. The next thing people look at for price and availability are copper. But copper cannot make the next iPhone download faster or last longer. Copper cannot make a computer chip able to compute and sync with all these new sensors capable of virtually driving/parking the vehicle for you. Copper cannot improve the miles per charge of a hybrid or electric vehicle battery. Copper cannot be used in solar panels if you want the solar panels to improve in efficiency.

Simply put, silver is not ‘easily’ replaceable with another inferior metal. The world wants to go green and in order to go green, you must go silver.

Me either, it's a wealth preservation and inflation hedge scheme, and a good way to save and collect which is a hobby a way to save and have fun, and one day you will be happy you did.

If you invest based on crude hunches, you'll probably lose lots of money. People have lost lots of money on silver.

A crude hunch is something like: "Silver demand and price will go up because of solar panels, electric cars, etc."

That's not a valid method of knowing anything about the world, and no serious investor would ever act on that amount of cognition.

To know or predict that demand will go up because of those things, you have to do research. And math. You have to find out to what extent silver is used in various products, and calculate whatever increase you expect in those products, along with any changes in the amount of silver used in those products.

That last part is critical because it's dynamic, not fixed. There's no law of nature that says you have to put X amount of silver in a solar panel. The trend in precious metals use has historically been downward in electronics and other products. Manufacturers are always trying to reduce costs when they can, and engineers figure out ways to minimize things like PM. So whatever amount is used today is not necessarily going to be the same in 2030.

But the key point is that you have to do research to know anything of this nature about the world. You can't know anything about future silver demand by just asserting a vague hunch. That's not anything. And if you go that route, serious investors will seriously outperform you. They'll be on the other side of those trades. Hedge funds, for example, are extremely smart and rigorous about research and data. They will find out exactly how much silver is projected in various products, and model and update it accordingly.

In general, silver is a small market. Gold is fairly small compared to lots of industries, and silver is quite a bit smaller than gold. You'd be surprised to know how little bankers care about it or think about it. It's not important to them. Relatedly, if you look at where and how wealth is created in this world, it's not in metals or commodities. It's in intellectual property, in starting new companies, based on innovative ideas. That's where the billionaires come from, at least the younger ones. The Airbnb guys are billionaires, created a whole new market. Same with Uber, Amazon, Tesla, etc.

If you want wealth, you have to create value, or fund people who do. You can't count on just owning a metal as a path to wealth. Maybe crypto could work out for some people, the people who got Bitcoin at a dollar or whatever, but in general speculation is iffy. Silver isn't special. It's always second fiddle to gold, and at least with gold there's a possibility of it undergirding a future cryptocurrency. That won't happen with silver. It's more of cool diversity investment. I love owning it, but it doesn't need to be the key to my life or worldview.

2 hours ago, Bimetallic said:

If you invest based on crude hunches, you'll probably lose lots of money. People have lost lots of money on silver.

A crude hunch is something like: "Silver demand and price will go up because of solar panels, electric cars, etc."

That's not a valid method of knowing anything about the world, and no serious investor would ever act on that amount of cognition.

To know or predict that demand will go up because of those things, you have to do research. And math. You have to find out to what extent silver is used in various products, and calculate whatever increase you expect in those products, along with any changes in the amount of silver used in those products.

That last part is critical because it's dynamic, not fixed. There's no law of nature that says you have to put X amount of silver in a solar panel. The trend in precious metals use has historically been downward in electronics and other products. Manufacturers are always trying to reduce costs when they can, and engineers figure out ways to minimize things like PM. So whatever amount is used today is not necessarily going to be the same in 2030.

But the key point is that you have to do research to know anything of this nature about the world. You can't know anything about future silver demand by just asserting a vague hunch. That's not anything. And if you go that route, serious investors will seriously outperform you. They'll be on the other side of those trades. Hedge funds, for example, are extremely smart and rigorous about research and data. They will find out exactly how much silver is projected in various products, and model and update it accordingly.

In general, silver is a small market. Gold is fairly small compared to lots of industries, and silver is quite a bit smaller than gold. You'd be surprised to know how little bankers care about it or think about it. It's not important to them. Relatedly, if you look at where and how wealth is created in this world, it's not in metals or commodities. It's in intellectual property, in starting new companies, based on innovative ideas. That's where the billionaires come from, at least the younger ones. The Airbnb guys are billionaires, created a whole new market. Same with Uber, Amazon, Tesla, etc.

If you want wealth, you have to create value, or fund people who do. You can't count on just owning a metal as a path to wealth. Maybe crypto could work out for some people, the people who got Bitcoin at a dollar or whatever, but in general speculation is iffy. Silver isn't special. It's always second fiddle to gold, and at least with gold there's a possibility of it undergirding a future cryptocurrency. That won't happen with silver. It's more of cool diversity investment. I love owning it, but it doesn't need to be the key to my life or worldview.

IMO your reply is logical and correct. The thing is their is too many variables with anything. I personally don't subscribe to ABCD=!. Follow this path and you'll be successful...don't get me wrong it does work especially in business...but even then there's the old boy network/wink wink. Just look at what RBS was up too also. The big guys win because they are helped at every level.

Luck..timing...gut instinct...even listening to some crazies..(a few on here lol) reading books/articles that spark the imagination... I originally got into silver because of the wacko's.. started reading, listening, (not YouTube). ect

Not there yet but I'm confident the metals in one form or another will make me very successful... I believe we are lucky to be around in an interesting time..if you are open to what is achievable, you will succeed.. the trick is.. when.  and for how long...   Ps... All my m8 think I'm a looser!

11 hours ago, Junior said:

@Robda1986 @Centauri167 So both of you are sort of saying the same thing. You say that buying physical off the shelf and draining the physical supply won’t work.

Instead, you recommend buying in the paper and turning the paper in for the physical.

Is that not the same thing? The end game to make it work is the physical supply itself 🤣

I don't recommend buying paper silver , I don't understand how you can read that in my comment ... 🤔

7 hours ago, Bimetallic said:

100% correct, could not say it better !

13 hours ago, Junior said:

I'd never in a million years recommend someone buying paper silver as its just literally just a piece of paper. You never take delivery. Your never allowed to see your silver allocation. Just seems like a scam to me that anyone can pull off what's stopping anyone from liein and saying I've got 10 billion oz of silver I'll sell you but your not allowed to see, know where it is, ever take delivery but here is a post it note with some scribble saying you own some silver. when really they hold 10 oz. It's just a giant card game where all the players are writing checks their ass can't cash (top gun reff) and everyone is bluffing