• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint 2022 Henry VII range (based on 1489 Sovereign)

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Apparently it’s going to be released this coming Monday!  😓

For sure? 😞

Obviously obliged to take a look, but depending on mintages and designs, I am going to give it a miss in all likely hood.

I am surprised many have the stamina and cash to keep on this recent Royal Mint bandwagon.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Edited by NewCoins

18 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Wow. Is this confirmed?

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

For sure? 😞

Obviously obliged to take a look, but depending on mintages and designs, I am going to give it a miss in all likely hood.

I am surprised many have the stamina and cash to keep on this recent Royal Mint bandwagon.

For sure? 😞

For sure? 😞

The link to register interest is here:

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/british-monarchs/henry-vii

I agree it’s becoming almost impossible to keep up - so many good releases in so short a time.

The RM should really consider spacing these out more; otherwise it will exacerbate the “flipper issues”.

It seems to me with the gothic crown seemingly continuing to fall on the secondary market, any flippers looking at this release might be disappointed.

I guess at the end of the day, if collectors are getting tired of new releases, even paying retail price, you can't expect a rush to pay inflated prices on the secondary market.

This one might be one to buy on the secondary market. Let's see

Whilst I like the sound of this and think it will potentially be the RM playing to its strengths...  could they not give it a rest for a while?!? Just had an email this morning apologising that my silver proof annual set is delayed potentially until the end of February and know from seeing posts here and on FB that many others are awaiting open orders. They really should be sorting all these out before contemplating yet another release.

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Whilst I like the sound of this and think it will potentially be the RM playing to its strengths...  could they not give it a rest for a while?!? Just had an email this morning apologising that my silver proof annual set is delayed potentially until the end of February and know from seeing posts here and on FB that many others are awaiting open orders. They really should be sorting all these out before contemplating yet another release.

Maybe we should all start emailing someone at the RM about this. It’s become almost weekly now. But I suppose it’s a business and we aren’t expected to buy; we choose to. So I doubly they’d deem our concerns valid. 

33 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

@NewCoinsThat’s a good trend of thought you have there.

I really do wish we could get a glimpse of the design before it releases.  Sort of how they revealed all the designs for the Platinum Jubilee range beforehand.

I think that's part of the marketing game. Don't show you, make you queue and panic buy even if you aren't fully convinced!

The good thing is that it may discourage flippers. If people are already overextending themselves for RM prices and considering skipping series then they will not pay extra flipper premiums either, so it will no longer be considered as quick money.

However it doesn’t change the fact that real victims are people who would love to collect those but simply cannot afford so many releases.

I’m curious how will it look like, but probably will skip it. And save for some small stack of regular bullion 2022 sovereigns 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2021 at 12:44, westminstrel said:

Yes, the obverse is QE II and the reverse is some portrait of Henry VII.

It may not even be the enthroned portrait - we’re just speculating - it could be this portrait for all we know (or something else).

image.jpeg.7806dc0158fcad1c9d9767434f88675f.jpeg

Lost in TSF, and found this gem right now. It's not only the right portrait, but you showed us 3 months ago the exact coin, they used as template. Respect coinster.

Any guesses for friday's Euro Jackpot? 5 numbers from 1-50 and 2 numbers from 1-9...😄

2022-RM-Monarchs-Henry-VII-ACT01-800x500.jpg

Edited by dikefalos

On 19/01/2022 at 13:34, NewCoins said:

It seems to me with the gothic crown seemingly continuing to fall on the secondary market, any flippers looking at this release might be disappointed.

I guess at the end of the day, if collectors are getting tired of new releases, even paying retail price, you can't expect a rush to pay inflated prices on the secondary market.

This one might be one to buy on the secondary market. Let's see

was it really 'falling' though - some people straight onto ebay wanting 600% instant profit, 2 months before they got their plain edge coin..

so prices have not fallen.. imho - they never were that in the first place.. When the Portrait comes out. then we will know.. additionally why would any commit to buy a coin, that is part of a pair, without any idea (back in December) when the other part was coming out!

3 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Lost in TSF, and found this gem right now. It's not only the right portrait, but you showed us 3 months ago the exact coin, they used as template. Respect coinster.

Any guesses for friday's Euro Jackpot? 5 numbers from 1-50 and 2 numbers from 1-9...😄

2022-RM-Monarchs-Henry-VII-ACT01-800x500.jpg

Ahahha!!! You should know I have bought lottery tickets for Oz lotteries sometimes and the most I’ve ever won is $3 and some cents.

On 16/11/2021 at 01:51, westminstrel said:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3922613

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 500 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse a portrait of Henry VII with the inscription “HENRIC VII DI GRA REX AGL Z”. The coin shall have a grained edge.’

So this seems to be based on the first Sovereign of 1489.  This was what the Henry VII Sovereign of 1489 looked like.

image.jpeg.130140ee9985aa0c73783e31c55ef986.jpeg

Of course the 1989 Sovereign was based on this “enthroned portrait” too, but it depicted QE II on the throne.

I wonder if this means the Royal Mint will be bringing back an entire series of coins based on the old Sovereigns, Angels, Nobles etc. That would be a terrific series to collect and could very well rival the Great Engravers series.

Denominations:

- 5 Oz gold and silver Proof

- 2 Oz gold and silver Proof

- 10 Oz piedfort gold and silver Proof

Here's the real thing:

2022GoldProof1OunceTheBritishMonarchsCollectionElizabethIIHenryVIIPoundSterling200poundsCoinWithBoxwithCertCollectableUnitedKingdomTheRoyalMintrevcrop.thumb.jpg.4e5b902cb5d7da8b2cb9e1fd93e2af14.jpg

It looks almost as good as our mockup!

😎

Chards

9 minutes ago, StackemHigh said:

Maybe this is so the quality control folks at the royal mint can go to specsavers. They can say its part of a unique design! every coin has built in flaws.

I've received one with no flaws.

Does this count as a rare mint error?

Should I send it back and complain?

😎

Chards

9 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I've received one with no flaws.

Does this count as a rare mint error?

Should I send it back and complain?

😎

Send it to me, I shall avail you dealers rates! Win, win. 😄😎

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly