• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 morgans and peace dollar shipments

Today I received an email from the US Mint that my order was being shipped, its only half an order for three Philadelphia mint 2021 morgans and the other half of the order, my 3 x 2021 peace dollars are on back order..I got billed for the morgans but not the peace dollars so called them up, with them calling me back a mear three hours later, it turns out they won't take delivery of the peace dollars till later this month so it's OK, I still have my peace dollars.

Others on you tube are getting similar emails, for their cc's, s, o's and d morgans, having money taken out or half orders shipping etc, if any of you are suffering the same just know its chaos everywhere right now, some thing billed, some not, some moved to processing, some to shipping, some contacted about failure to collect and having to use different sources for payments....its just another day at the U.S Mint.

Really appreciate this topic.  I do believe the majority of forum users are from the EU, but I am currently dealing with this exact situation..  Having heard nothing but horror stories about calling the mint, I wasn't going to even bother.  My question for you is, are they going to double charge for shipping since its now being split into two separate orders? 

I paid for Morgans and Peace dollars together, to be shipped together and technically agreed to only one shipping fee....

14 hours ago, MetalMandible said:

Really appreciate this topic.  I do believe the majority of forum users are from the EU, but I am currently dealing with this exact situation..  Having heard nothing but horror stories about calling the mint, I wasn't going to even bother.  My question for you is, are they going to double charge for shipping since its now being split into two separate orders? 

I paid for Morgans and Peace dollars together, to be shipped together and technically agreed to only one shipping fee....

Seems so..I got $20 shipping on a halfback, at least nz mint charges free shipping so if they half and half it just costs time.

I just received my three 2021 Philly mint morgans.....all three were scratched, all three....considering the CC and o mint will be produced in Philadelphia this could be bad omens for wanting your coins graded....my lcs showed me the damage and said they'd be lucky to get ms68....this is disgusting, all three, the coins were in the plastic holdersnot bumping around the boxes so it was all mint damage, as though they were made the same way as 100 years ago, just stamp then fall into bins damaging each other, I hope you all don't suffer the same fate but this is worse then the royal mint priducts.

@DarkChameleon Well, when I heard about the 2021 Morgans and Peace dollars coming out for the 100th anniversary, I figured I would try and get a few. I decided against the CC and O privy marked Morgans since they were Philadelphia made and only a tribute to the originals. I knew from A Guide Book of Morgan Silver Dollars that the Morgans minted by the San Francisco mint had always been struck with care (not necessarily handled the same). Thinking this was a nice note and perhaps a little superstitious of me, I got a San Francisco Morgan. It too arrived the other day, but I can’t say it’s condition is like your three Morgans. Mine is rather nice and could be flawless (not bragging). The sad part however, I only got one San Francisco Morgan and two Philadelphia Morgans on the way. I fear my Philadelphia Morgans may be just as yours if you had the rotten luck of all three being mishandled. I’ll find out in a week or so.

Just got mine today, or the "O" version any ways, should get two of my others tomorrow and the rest next week it sounds like.  The one I received today though looks perfect, far as I can tell.  

On 28/10/2021 at 00:10, Junior said:

@DarkChameleon Well, when I heard about the 2021 Morgans and Peace dollars coming out for the 100th anniversary, I figured I would try and get a few. I decided against the CC and O privy marked Morgans since they were Philadelphia made and only a tribute to the originals. I knew from A Guide Book of Morgan Silver Dollars that the Morgans minted by the San Francisco mint had always been struck with care (not necessarily handled the same). Thinking this was a nice note and perhaps a little superstitious of me, I got a San Francisco Morgan. It too arrived the other day, but I can’t say it’s condition is like your three Morgans. Mine is rather nice and could be flawless (not bragging). The sad part however, I only got one San Francisco Morgan and two Philadelphia Morgans on the way. I fear my Philadelphia Morgans may be just as yours if you had the rotten luck of all three being mishandled. I’ll find out in a week or so.

Hope they arent

I got my D and S set of three today, four of the six were rattling round the boxes and two of the three s mint were damaged but all three Denver were clean...so that means so far from 9 coins 5 coins are damaged and the mint says you can get replacements, im getting my peace dollars tomorrow to find out my final score but even 8f they are perfect it will be 5 of 12 unable to grade and three of them have damage in the same place, the base of the neck.

23 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I am anticipating my arrival with a feeling of apprehension now.

No idea if it will be possible or practicable to get replacements in the UK?

Not sure how that would work with the vat/import charges also.

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

Not sure how that would work with the vat/import charges also.

It should be possible as PCGS/NGC manage it when returning graded coins from the US. However, I can see lots of pitfalls here as I'm sure the USMint won't be skilled in this.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

I got my D and S set of three today, four of the six were rattling round the boxes and two of the three s mint were damaged but all three Denver were clean...so that means so far from 9 coins 5 coins are damaged and the mint says you can get replacements, im getting my peace dollars tomorrow to find out my final score but even 8f they are perfect it will be 5 of 12 unable to grade and three of them have damage in the same place, the base of the neck.

@DarkChameleon Are you by chance referencing two particular areas on the base of the neck that do not match the original design? Or is this some other mark post production? Please see picture attached.

F21D8A2E-BF63-4020-A0F2-A3A6D44AECCA.jpeg

5 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I am anticipating my arrival with a feeling of apprehension now.

No idea if it will be possible or practicable to get replacements in the UK?

Sorry I typed can't get replacements but it came out as can...I talked to customer services and there is only refund for the whole order, no exchange policy but I wonder if the ear,y gang of 18 got to exchange before the main release so we could be holding and paying for rejects from the GO18.

1 hour ago, Junior said:

@DarkChameleon Are you by chance referencing two particular areas on the base of the neck that do not match the original design? Or is this some other mark post production? Please see picture attached.

F21D8A2E-BF63-4020-A0F2-A3A6D44AECCA.jpeg

Two ofminehave that, one scratched between the E and the eye, one scratched on the cheek, one I might have found a delamination in the bottom field I front of the neck, im going to take them all to my lcs to check them out, one of my Phillies is there to sell right now but the rest I've got in a box.

20211029_113228.jpg

Just got my two Philadelphia Morgans and two Peace dollars. No scratches either, but I definitely have flaws from the die strike on the Philly Morgans. I’ll look at my Peace dollars a little closer later. Of my five coins in total, the sole San Francisco Morgan seems to be the most well struck of the five.

9 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

Here's my two biggest damaged a 2021 Philly mint scar chin and San Fran Die damage, possibly laminate

chin scar.jpg

blob.jpg

Your Philly mint Morgan has more than a scar on the chin, there’s also one by her lip as well ☹️

Here is my Philadelphia Morgan and Peace dollars. Look to be ok by my eye. I feel for anyone who has damaged product. The US mint should be ashamed for having these beautiful coins shipped out with any damage to their collectors. It’s not 1921 where these coins would be put into circulation, these are suppose to be collectors/commemorative!

0C174704-CBFA-45C1-BBC3-569274F27A1A.jpeg

44557E78-2C5A-4BA0-B26A-11B029583F1A.jpeg

CB533FBD-25BB-4810-86C5-B91B62367FF6.jpeg

800E27F2-669B-42AC-9CA8-F8B39FF8E2D9.jpeg

9 hours ago, Junior said:

Here is my Philadelphia Morgan and Peace dollars. Look to be ok by my eye. I feel for anyone who has damaged product. The US mint should be ashamed for having these beautiful coins shipped out with any damage to their collectors. It’s not 1921 where these coins would be put into circulation, these are suppose to be collectors/commemorative!

Peace dollar reverse looks stunning, cannot wait to receive mine.

10 hours ago, Junior said:

I will be livid if my peace dollars are marked up, they are the ones I wanted for me...the scarred up Philly is embarrassing bad....even a private minter would be ashamed of that, it would go in the recycle bin.