• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How much would you pay for a 1oz gold buffalo??

James32

14 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Yes, I have confirmation emails from both Sagepay and ATS, I just realised on looking it was only about £20 more than an Atkinsons or Chards pre-owned Britannias, so I'm pretty please TBH. 

Well in that case it's yours. 

I received nothing lol.

Wish you the best with it👍

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Interesting thread all round really, I don't agree with a few posts who say you won't be able to get back that premium when you sell it.  I'd say that would very much depend on where you intend to sell it.

You may not get back all your premium but I reckon a Buffalo posted on here priced reasonably under what is available elsewhere, you would recover the majority of it.

14 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

Interesting thread all round really, I don't agree with a few posts who say you won't be able to get back that premium when you sell it.  I'd say that would very much depend on where you intend to sell it.

You may not get back all your premium but I reckon a Buffalo posted on here priced reasonably under what is available elsewhere, you would recover the majority of it.

Completely agree 👍 

On 25/10/2021 at 21:33, Coverte said:

Yes, I have confirmation emails from both Sagepay and ATS, I just realised on looking it was only about £20 more than an Atkinsons or Chards pre-owned Britannias, so I'm pretty please TBH. 

Well was it worth the buy??

14 hours ago, James32 said:

Well was it worth the buy??

Yes James, it's a 2006 and very good condition, but most importantly I really love it's looks :)

I am not too bothered about the premium as it only cost £20 more than used/pre owned Britannia's at time of purchase, all of which 'pre-owned' are usually very closely priced when comparing Atkinsons and Chards for example, plus it will be passed down to my children in any event.

The current price for 'mixed dates' on Sharps Pixley is £1413, so yes to pretty much everything - - thank you for asking 👍

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 minute ago, Coverte said:

Yes James, it's a 2006 and very good condition, but most importantly I really love it's looks :)

I am not too bothered about the premium as it only cost £20 more than used/pre owned Britannia's at time of purchase, all of which 'pre-owned' are usually very closely priced when comparing Atkinsons and Chards for example, plus it will be passed down to my children in any event.

The current price for 'mixed dates' on Sharps Pixley is £1413, so yes to pretty much everything - - thank you for asking 👍

Very happy to hear👍

• James32 changed the title to How much would you pay for a 1oz gold buffalo??
3 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Did you get one in the end? I'll be ordering one in the next couple of days. Unless I get scared 😂

Not yet unfortunately, still waiting for another sub £1400 opportunity lol

Just now, Hunter87 said:

Did you pick one up? 

Not yet, almost but ats billions system went haywire and someone else nabbed it lol.

Got a gold completer coin to console myself and will look again next month.

2 hours ago, stefffana said:

You can buy now at Sharps Pixley 1oz Buffalo under 1400. (1383.50) It is 6% over today's morning spot price 

Good luck!

Have one in my basket 😁 @£1389 it's like trying to catch a falling knife at present though. 

Edited by James32

• 2 months later...
Just now, CANV said:

so.. what you selling it for.?   1385 ? 😉

Can honestly say it will be the last to go....( gold at £1350) turning out a better deal by the hour.

but then again ive the attention span of a gold fish so 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, CANV said:

lol.  I have never liked the Buffalo.. love the eagle.  but like yourself will happily change my mind after a week.. or 6 pints.   

They are both great coins. The 'Buffalo' came out in 1986, quickly followed by the 'Britannia' in 1997. I wonder why? Difference in colour is notable. Alloy of the Eagle has 4% silver - still slightly reddish but not as bad as the RMs pinkies!

IMG_2621 (2).JPG