• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How much would you pay for a 1oz gold buffalo??

James32

Direct bullion London has a new 2021 £1388 has anyone dealt with them before?????

Atkinsonsbullion has a 2020 slabbed PCGS ms70 for £1450 what's your thoughts on this price and is the grade worth the extra???

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

41 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Bought mine here on the forum for spot a few years back.

Stunning coin and I would probably pay a few percent premium if desperate.

Congrats what a catch....

My favourite 9999 bullion gold coin to handle!  The edging has been raised, so deceptively appears to match the spec. of the 22ct Eagle. The colour reflecting off a semi matte finish is superb, and allows you to appreciate why everyone should literally get in touch with their gold. Comes highly recommended by me! Shown, is the obverse Indian Head by Fraser from earlier coinage. Another plus point - both sides have an interesting design unlike RM coins with a rather tedious image of QE2. This one I bought in 2008, so it has more than doubled in value as a medium term investment.....

IMG_2362 (2).JPG

46 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

My favourite 9999 bullion gold coin to handle!  The edging has been raised, so deceptively appears to match the spec. of the 22ct Eagle. The colour reflecting off a semi matte finish is superb, and allows you to appreciate why everyone should literally get in touch with their gold. Comes highly recommended by me! Shown, is the obverse Indian Head by Fraser from earlier coinage. Another plus point - both sides have an interesting design unlike RM coins with a rather tedious image of QE2. This one I bought in 2008, so it has more than doubled in value as a medium term investment.....

IMG_2362 (2).JPG

You're not helping 😅😅 thanks for the pic, it's a beauty for sure.

35 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Not sure if you're looking to buy or sell one but. How could you not want one in the stack? 😂

IMG_20211017_195559.jpg

Hahaha, buy at a reasonable premium but I completely agree they are stunning.think it's growing up watching westerns with my father every Sunday by the roaring fire and the fact it has two interesting sides. 

It was one of my first gold purchases, and I have zero regrets. Would I buy another? Probably not unless they do a new design, but having one in your stack is a must.

As others have said, it's a great "feeler". No glossy bits to ruin, and it's quite three-dimensional. 

I'd definitely think long and hard before parting with it.

On 16/10/2021 at 08:09, modofantasma said:

I paid almost 6% (5.8 or so) premium on mine a month or so ago delivered, 2019 with no marks or damage or scratches

They're readily available closer to 10% but personally wouldn't pay that much. Big fan of the coin but at the end of the day it's bullion. 

Set a dealer email alert when they pop in stock there was a chap on h here who got a slabbed one at a very low premium ATS when they get stock or maybe HGM have had the best dealer prices I've seen in UK 

That would be me that got lucky with the Buffalo from ATS. I paid 5.5% over spot and had absolutely no idea it was coming slabbed. Not sure how much MS69 adds to a bullion coin, but i guess it cant hurt it. :) I've also had a silver Panda that came in slabbed at MS69 in a mixed assortment of random date ones. Does seem that ATS don't really worry too much about something being graded so there are potentially some good deals to be had, although they are pretty much always going to be luck of the draw.

24 minutes ago, GBStacking said:

That would be me that got lucky with the Buffalo from ATS. I paid 5.5% over spot and had absolutely no idea it was coming slabbed. Not sure how much MS69 adds to a bullion coin, but i guess it cant hurt it. :) I've also had a silver Panda that came in slabbed at MS69 in a mixed assortment of random date ones. Does seem that ATS don't really worry too much about something being graded so there are potentially some good deals to be had, although they are pretty much always going to be luck of the draw.

If you dont mind me asking how much you paid total? If it was recent

11 minutes ago, GBStacking said:

Dont mind at all @James32 Was £1376.20 back at the start of August.

Thanks, yeah that was a great price congratulations.  Atkinsons have a 2020 slabbed ms69 at £1451 but just seems a tad high. 

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Thanks, yeah that was a great price congratulations.  Atkinsons have a 2020 slabbed ms69 at £1451 but just seems a tad high. 

That would be a little high for me, however I'm very much a bullion guy, the slabbed one i got was just pure luck as ATS just don't seem to hugely bother with graded stuff. If Atkinsons are advertising it as a slabbed one, i would guess they give more heed to that section of the market. I'd have to defer to someone that might be able to make more comment on how much grading affects the price on these sorts of coins though as whilst I'm aware of what the basics of grading involve and that this may be a desirable thing, i have no real expertise on how that changes what would be a reasonable price for these.

NGC's website seems to be suggesting $2250 USD (£1630) as of current time of posting to be the price for an MS69, so if that's correct, Atkinsons is still a good deal. But as i say, i would have to defer to someone who knows the market better to say if this is really the true price for these things.

13 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

I got mine from Sharps Pixley a couple months back @James32 - its a random date, they sent me 2019, the rarest year- although hardly any effect on premium I would think tbh

https://www.sharpspixley.com/buy-bullion/buy-gold/buy-coins/1oz-gold-buffalo-gold-coin

£1383 delivered

What did you pay if you dont mind.