• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 - 10oz Silver Brittania Coin

FrArgent2021

I thought it strange that it lacked all of the security features present on the 1oz version. Maybe they'd be too easy to copy at that scale. Mind you, the platinum 1oz coin didn't have all of the features either, whereas the gold one did, so maybe it just depended when during 2020/2021 they were designed. I guess we'll find out when the 2022 versions all come out!

Anything (and everything) is collectible.

If you mean is it likely to increase in value more then alternatives, perhaps, but probably not.

My age old advice to collectors is:

Have fun, enjoy what you are doing, buy what gives you pleasure to buy and own, but don't expect to make big profits or financial returns on it. At least your dividend will be the pleasure of owning it. If it's not goin to give you that much pleasure, then buy somethign else.

My usual advice to investors is different: Buy at the lowest premium within reason. Investment gold is VAT exempt, silver is not, so don't pay 20% VAT up front on your investment, and expect to make big gains.

Most of this is just common sense.

Oh, and I am sceptical about investing in things manufactured to sell to collectors.

After saying th above, you might be suprised ot hear that an award winning dealer near me is expecting a delivery of the 10 ounce silver bullion Britannias soon. 

If you think this is inconsistent, I understand but disagree. There is demand for them, people will expect @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer to stock them, they will be competitively priced, but we won't hype them.

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I thought it strange that it lacked all of the security features present on the 1oz version. Maybe they'd be too easy to copy at that scale. Mind you, the platinum 1oz coin didn't have all of the features either, whereas the gold one did, so maybe it just depended when during 2020/2021 they were designed. I guess we'll find out when the 2022 versions all come out!

I agree I find this strange too!